Sali Hughes #21 A Sali by any other name would smell as sweet with pretty bitter topnotes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Mselvista, it’s still weird if that’s the case. I’m sure she has her reasons.

On the subject of candles/ room diffusers Marmalade of London make my favourite ones, the Cassis and White Cedar line is divine. A local shop stocked them which is how I discovered them a few years ago, and now re-purchasing from their website. The refills for the diffusers last for over a year. Reasonably priced, excellent quality and packaging, independent, British-based. I know we all have our blind spots when it comes to spending money, but spending £££ on a candle is beyond me.
Thank you for this. I’ve bookmarked marmalade of London and will be buying some new candles soon. So many people have promoted small companies throughout covid and I’m trying to buy from these recommendations. Wish the nationals could do the same.

Reactions: 6
I highly doubt they've done proper research, if they had of done Sali wouldn't be involved at all with her previous activity to target people on social media that's worse than anything here. I bet whoever was involved with getting her the project has turned a blind eye as it will show them up. It takes time to actually read the threads so they keep spinning a narrative of tattle. Mrs Hinch has released a book this week that has downright lies about what's posted here, probably because they know they'll get away with it.
@Yel, have you or any of the other mods or people who run the site been approached by the BBC regarding the programme for comment or anything?

Reactions: 8
I find it striking that, considering it's going to be broadcast in a couple of days' time, on social and print media, there's been no promotion for her radio programme. Is it because it's radio rather than on TV, or because anything involving SH just isn't really newsworthy?

Reactions: 4
Sali hasn’t promoted it either, which is strange. You’d think she would want people to know about her groundbreaking documentary effort.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I absolutely can't stand the jealous haters argument about people posting here. As has been pointed out time and time again, all of us are former readers who previously admired her. We supported her by buying her books, going to reader events, purchasing her product recommendations. Why weren't we #jealoushaterz then? Did we just become #jealoushaterz overnight?

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I would guess that these might be some of the earlier posters that disappeared and/or expressed remorse after hurting Sali's feelings.

Honestly, it annoys me that people were subject to Sali's manipulation like this when they were sharing valid concerns etc, but I suppose that people must do what feels right to them at the time.
Or it might have been people who felt intimidated - by the 'stalking', the torrent of abuse, the talk of legal action, what might have been seen as a threat of physical harm - and wanted to distance themselves from it.

I wasn't a member here then (hadn't even heard of it) but I was shaken by the amount of abuse being directed here - about how quickly, and on such flimsy evidence, a mob could be stirred up.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Or it might have been people who felt intimidated - by the 'stalking', the torrent of abuse, the talk of legal action, what might have been seen as a threat of physical harm - and wanted to distance themselves from it.
Yes, this was exactly the case for a few people that I can think of. One person I know had been directly messaged by Sali, freaked and deleted her account.

Yes, this was exactly the case for a few people that I can think of. One person I know had been directly messaged by Sali, freaked and deleted her account.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Oh Sali, if you’re going to wear a mask for a photo please wear it correctly. White side facing in and covering your nose properly. 🙄

• Haha
  • Wow
Oh Sali, if you’re going to wear a mask for a photo please wear it correctly. White side facing in and covering your nose properly. 🙄
This reminded me of that cartoon pic where a bloke wearing his mask like Sali is considered akin to having his willy out. 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Only read half. A dragging site, in my world, would be a place to discuss drag. And so I got distracted, couldn’t be bothered to read the rest, and came here.
What lies have been told here? I’m going back to the article to see precisely which lies have supposedly been told. I think someone joked that maybe she wasn’t short, but that’s all I can come up with.

4C6681AA-23FE-40BE-95D7-DC52630CC7B1.jpeg
4C6681AA-23FE-40BE-95D7-DC52630CC7B1.jpeg
I don’t recall this happening here? Although later in the article she suggests any troll who denies the presence of a post is gaslighting, so I want to be clear I am not gaslighting, I am genuinely asking if this was done here, because I do not recall. I keep wondering if there is a other website out there who are doing these things?
Granted, I don’t have the posts printed out in front of me, so I accept my memory may be incorrect and I may genuinely be a beef faced troll.

• Sad
I get that if you just picked a random thread on Tattle you will probably see some of the things she mentions in her article. However, this thread (all 20,000+ posts) is not reflective of the rest of the site, in my experience. I was another one who came here after the infamous video, expecting to see posts baying for her blood, but that couldn’t be further from what i’ve found. There is zero balance in her article and no right to reply.

Reactions: 14

Yel

@Yel, have you or any of the other mods or people who run the site been approached by the BBC regarding the programme for comment or anything?
Someone did contact admin, we were discussing it in the mods forum last week. I think they made it pretty clear was their objective was (no it won't be balanced) and all the mods agreed the standard media copy and paste with tattle's rules and policies was all it deserved.

It was asking for a response for statements from "experts" that said the site has messages that are a hate crime, harassment and cause emotional distress.

Along with the good old fantasist stuff; influencers say that:
  • Moderators create accounts when threads go quiet to revive them (bullshit from ptwm the Paypal scammer, as if we need to :LOL: )
  • Admin claims that messages are never deleted (that never happened, of course things are deleted on a moderated forum 🤦‍♀️)
  • Messages of support are deleted (see my post on the previous page for examples, people trolling / disrupting are deleted as they would be on any forum).

If I had to make a prediction I think they'll talk to a psychologist who'll say people here don't have much social interaction in real life and instead post vitriol here to vent their frustration in real life to get a dopamine hit on an anonymous forum :rolleyes: . Then talk to a legal "expert" who'll talk about the new online harm that acts to protect people from "trolls". Then if they're being really really distasteful they'll interview the parents of a teenager that tragically ended their own life through abuse sent, even though that's nothing to do with commentary on public figures that choose to pursue a business that involves oversharing their private life.

It's a shame as there are so many interesting things to explore around influencer culture. But I highly doubt this will cover it and instead amalgamate people discussing a public figure who publically overshares their life to hundreds of thousands with a teenager being harassed and sent abuse.

If radio 4 and their huge budget can't do something well researched and balanced who will?

Influencers really don't realise how much they've benefited from the lack of regulation. They're the first to call for more rules but are blissfully unaware that more rules and regulation are more likely to disadvantage them.

Gossip on public figures has been a thing before paper was invented. If someone turns their private life into a commodity to make money they can't expect to only have praise. "what people think of me is none of my business" and "don't read the comments" springs to mind.

You'd be surprised the number of people that think they can just request for a tattle thread about them to be deleted, there's a real lack of understanding that once you become a public figure you can no longer control the narrative. Tattle's law seeks to address this by educating people on the downsides of fame and creating a professional influencer agency to make influencers accountable for when they break the rules - https://limegoss.com/tattles-law/

It would be an interesting conversation on the moral maze - how do you weigh up peoples freedom of speech to discuss a business when that business is a social media influencer who sells their private life and is effectively turning this so called private life into a commodity? Hopfully the real conversations about this world will start to be had soon.

Edit: Ha my post is already out of date

How many times is Sali going to talk about "My child’s teacher read how I would sell my kids for money." It was one post that was clearly figure of speach 🤦‍♀️

And Katie heyes is a known liar always making up stuff for attention. Last week she made up that her phone number and address has been posted here.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
"My own contingent went as far as to send their entirely unfounded allegations to a global industry gossip account which published them unchecked, albeit briefly before taking them down and issuing a half-apology."

- This isn't what happened, right? Has she deliberately fudged the timeline with Estee Laundry here to absolve herself of her own creepy stalking behaviour? Did they issue a "half-apology"? It's very easy to lie about events by talking about a "dragging site" and "gossip account" without actually naming Tattle or Estee Laundry, as no one can directly challenge it. Very deliberate and cynical.

"I asked a psychologist and leading expert in cyberstalking to take a look at the site. In just a few hours, she identified incidences of hate speech, harassment and classic behaviours of stalkers and other abusers."

- That may be the case, but I'm fairly confident in saying none of that exists on her own threads or directed towards her. Again, it's all in the wording.

• Angry
Reactions: 13
What. Is. She. On. About.

No-one accused her of breaking lockdown to accept a donation but there were raised eyebrows about her eating out at a pub & encouraging others to do the same in the week lockdown was announced.

‘Selling her kids’ is an idiom used to express how commercial she’s become.

This whole mess started because SHE stalked & threatened people (‘teachers of children!’) and had a tantrum on Insta.

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.