Sali Hughes #21 A Sali by any other name would smell as sweet with pretty bitter topnotes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t believe that SH doesn’t read on here and that people report to her about what we are discussing. Who are these loyal friends/relatives/work colleagues having nothing better to do with their time but follow long-winded and often not entirely SH-related threads? For over a year now. If there were any, it’s a really twisted way of ‘supporting’ someone you care about. Just imagining a conversation: ‘And Sal, I’ve got to report they are really not digging the brown top/coated jeans combo as not fashion forward enough, such wankers!’
I see SH as self-centred enough to come up with this explanation in order to create a hype about her ‘ordeal’. It’s a simple recipe that works for new video ideas too. If I had a pound for every time she (and to be fair so many other influencers) starts a video with ‘I’m doing this video as so many of you have requested it). Ya, right, love 😂 it’s that or you have something else to sell.
On the subject of people who came here to somehow defend SH, I would welcome an open civilised discussion with any SH supporter, who not, if any of them are happy to come along.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Regarding the candle nonsense article from the guardian article, I still don’t understand why you wouldn’t take the opportunity to promote small businesses that are probably a) much cheaper and better quality products b) made by people who are probably some of the many struggling to earn money in the pandemic. Might still be out of spending reach for some, but for those who still have a bit of surplus money, who want a treat and who also want to support others, it seems like a no brainier to me. It was black pound day the other day, too, and it’s black history month, so it all could have tied in very well.

Here endeth my one woman campaign to be the next big journo for the Grauniad.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
It was actually black pound day yesterday too... could have been a good way to use the power of the Graun

Sorry @ThisIsMyDragName i just saw you actually mentioned black pound day !

Reactions: 7
Regarding the candle nonsense article from the guardian article, I still don’t understand why you wouldn’t take the opportunity to promote small businesses that are probably a) much cheaper and better quality products b) made by people who are probably some of the many struggling to earn money in the pandemic. Might still be out of spending reach for some, but for those who still have a bit of surplus money, who want a treat and who also want to support others, it seems like a no brainier to me. It was black pound day the other day, too, and it’s black history month, so it all could have tied in very well.

Here endeth my one woman campaign to be the next big journo for the Grauniad.
I agree - I'm slightly obsessed with scented candles and the best ones I've got are from small independent businesses and are much better quality than Diptyque. However, if someone wants to buy me an alabaster Cire I would accept it gratefully 😝

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I don’t believe that SH doesn’t read on here and that people report to her about what we are discussing. Who are these loyal friends/relatives/work colleagues having nothing better to do with their time but follow long-winded and often not entirely SH-related threads? For over a year now. If there were any, it’s a really twisted way of ‘supporting’ someone you care about. Just imagining a conversation: ‘And Sal, I’ve got to report they are really not digging the brown top/coated jeans combo as not fashion forward enough, such wankers!’
She's got admins from the forum, her FB group and her family estrangement group. The forum has very little activity now so it wouldn't be asking anyone to do something extra, just something different. I've put two things up that FeeBee has then referred to on twitter in exchanges with SH, one of which was up for very little time as I edited the post to remove it - what's the cut off time for editing a post, 5 minutes? Yet she clocked it.
I don't know, just theorising.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
@Mselvista, it’s still weird if that’s the case. I’m sure she has her reasons.

On the subject of candles/ room diffusers Marmalade of London make my favourite ones, the Cassis and White Cedar line is divine. A local shop stocked them which is how I discovered them a few years ago, and now re-purchasing from their website. The refills for the diffusers last for over a year. Reasonably priced, excellent quality and packaging, independent, British-based. I know we all have our blind spots when it comes to spending money, but spending £££ on a candle is beyond me.

Bless her. It’s always in 3 stages.

1. picture of empty product on the empties thread.

2. picture of identical (new) product on the thread about what you’ve bought lately.

3. picture of same product on thread about what skincare you’re using today.

❤

• Heart

Yel

Really hope the BBC have checked her accuracy and not just fallen for her drama because she is a previous contributor.
I highly doubt they've done proper research, if they had of done Sali wouldn't be involved at all with her previous activity to target people on social media that's worse than anything here. I bet whoever was involved with getting her the project has turned a blind eye as it will show them up. It takes time to actually read the threads so they keep spinning a narrative of tattle. Mrs Hinch has released a book this week that has downright lies about what's posted here, probably because they know they'll get away with it.

The forum has very little activity now
I'd forgotten Sali had a failed forum, that must really boil her piss that these threads rank higher when you Google Sali Hughes forum 😆. It explains why she's so bitter and twisting things 😂

I listened to a Chris Evans radio show podcast of a Mrs Hinch interview and she was in tears when they talked about online bullying, whatever the perception vs the reality it obviously genuinely impacts her. I don’t think I could be in her job if I reacted to it that way. Having said that, in the same interview she says that women have told her that they know people who’ve come off anti depressants due to following her!

I think the drive for women to belong to tribes is responsible for a lot of this and then the ego of the influencers can’t handle the inflation and criticism at the same time, so the whole thing implodes. It’s the same for all groups, for gods sake, women are even arguing about dungarees these days, they’re probably the same women that were having an argument about baby slings five years ago.

Reactions: 2

Yel

it obviously genuinely impacts her
Does it though? Or is it a handy tool for engagement and a way great to sell more books?

She had made a fortune before giving birth. If the negative comments about herself really had impacted her would she really have started pimping out her child to do adverts for pampers and a plethora of other children's products? Or would she have done all she can to protect him?

I don't believe for a second Mrs Hinch is affected by the commentary else she wouldn't have used her child to make money. She had no need as was already doing very well from the cleaning stuff and she's the sole earner in the house from social media. She's another cunning one that has complained about "trolls" for years, long before she even had a following.

It's easy to act emotional on a radio interview while you're selling a book imo. Her and her husbands actions tell another story if they're both willing to sell their child for ads since he was a baby.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Does it though? Or is it a handy tool for engagement and a way great to sell more books?

She had made a fortune before giving birth. If the negative comments about herself really had impacted her would she really have started pimping out her child to do adverts for pampers and a plethora of other children's products? Or would she have done all she can to protect him?

I don't believe for a second Mrs Hinch is affected by the commentary else she wouldn't have used her child to make money. She had no need as was already doing very well from the cleaning stuff and she's the sole earner in the house from social media. She's another cunning one that has complained about "trolls" for years, long before she even had a following.

It's easy to act emotional on a radio interview while you're selling a book imo. Her and her husbands actions tell another story if they're both willing to sell their child for ads since he was a baby.
I think it does, but I think there’s a lot of cognitive dissonance going on. They’re not going to want to believe what’s being said as it would have them question their whole existence. Hence why it’s so difficult to hear.

As soon as Sali posted her rants, and then began to insert the topic randomly on Twitter, I thought she was laying the groundwork for some kind of money maker.
I distinctly remember her posting somewhere once (it would have either been Facebook or the forum) that she had been told about a ‘breakaway group’ who she implied were trying to set up without her or something. She made a very terse statement that this had happened before, the groups were never a success and she did not wish to be told about them or anything that was being said about her behind her back. Well that’s changed a bit hasn’t it? I wonder if she’s so pissed off with her because this is a breakaway group which is doing pretty darned well.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
She's got admins from the forum, her FB group and her family estrangement group. The forum has very little activity now so it wouldn't be asking anyone to do something extra, just something different. I've put two things up that FeeBee has then referred to on twitter in exchanges with SH, one of which was up for very little time as I edited the post to remove it - what's the cut off time for editing a post, 5 minutes? Yet she clocked it.
I don't know, just theorising.
Channeling Wagatha Christie! #topical

• Haha
I think the breakaway group was the WhatsApp group of people who fell out with her on the forum?

I think the breakaway group was the WhatsApp group of people who fell out with her on the forum?
It could be but I thought it was at a different point. I was in that group briefly! It happened following the Reine (creepy dude) and moderator kerfuffle. I hadn’t fallen out with her I just wanted to know what was going on.

Mrs Hinch has released a book this week that has downright lies about what's posted here, probably because they know they'll get away with it.
A book? Seriously? About what? Just people not liking her? FFS

have never followed or been into her so don’t really know much about her story apart from seeing cutouts of her in the cleaning aisle at Home Bargain. If these people are so successful, making money hand over fist, why does Tattle get under their skin so badly? Just do your shill and stay in your safe place.

It always raises my hackles when people use their little kids to make money, bit like the Chapman sister. Really think there should be guidelines in place if there aren’t already.

Reactions: 5
It could be but I thought it was at a different point. I was in that group briefly! It happened following the Reine (creepy dude) and moderator kerfuffle. I hadn’t fallen out with her I just wanted to know what was going on.
I remember him. Creepy as hell. Dodgy as the day is long! 😲

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.