Sali Hughes #20 Private Sali, always on parade

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yep def new strategy which will probably be ascribed to boob op - feeling liberated and like a new woman. I think she may move into fashun as well as beauty. Stand by for more vain selfies and OOTDs.
I think you may have called it - I remember reading years ago that she privately consulted on fashion as well as beauty, but I can't for the life of me remember where? Anyway I think it was probably a reach, just to appear to have added another string to her bow (one of five jobs etc etc)

Along with "Unleash Emergency Bruce" :rolleyes:
I don't know this one?

Edit: typos

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Not sold on that foundation/CC cream she's wearing. It could use a bit more blending between the eyebrows and a bit of setting powder. Hadn't read the manifesto underneath the photo, maybe there's more about it there.

these gazey, half mouth open pictures
She uses this expression for pictures quite often. I suspect what's she trying to portray, but it's not coming off as intended.

EDA Spelling!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
What is she trying to portray? I think everyone’s stopped smiling in photos because smiling scrunches the ole cheeks up and makes us all look like chipmunks. Plus with selfies you can pull whatever facial expression you want because you’re not having SAY CHEESE hollered at you.

That is a real cute holiday outfit.

Reactions: 4
I’m going to be brutal - why would I want to buy something having seen it worn by a not very attractive middle aged woman? Her make up doesn’t look very good, she doesn’t represent my body type & she’s short so I’ve got to try & workout where it would fit on me.

I really don’t understand influencers & the way they are used to sell things.

Reactions: 3
Sali would love Australia. We’ve plenty of fun spiders! 🤣 There’s a pepa pig episode with a friendly spider they don’t air on TV here in case children start thinking all spiders are safe.
Hello fellow Aussie 👋

But, imagine posting that picture in the first place hoping for these comments...

I mean I assume that's why she posts these gazey, half mouth open pictures? For people to tell her she is glorious?

And... and! Imagine being the type of person who tells someone you don't know "oooohhh you are glorious" What is the function of this type of action? A moment of glory when you get a response from them?

There is just so much to unpick.
It's so baffling. I am sure there will be a time in the future when sociologists and psychologists study this weird time in history when people posted photos purely for ego strokes and dopamine hits

Oh, and worse yet, called it a job

manifesto
âš°âš°âš°

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
What is she trying to portray? I think everyone’s stopped smiling in photos because smiling scrunches the ole cheeks up and makes us all look like chipmunks. Plus with selfies you can pull whatever facial expression you want because you’re not having SAY CHEESE hollered at you.

That is a real cute holiday outfit.
An effortless look like it didn't take 100 selfies to get to there and using the standard dreamy eyes and half open mouth like models in perfume ads which looks more confused/sad.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
I’m going to be brutal - why would I want to buy something having seen it worn by a not very attractive middle aged woman? Her make up doesn’t look very good, she doesn’t represent my body type & she’s short so I’ve got to try & workout where it would fit on me.

Well, she’s more attractive than me, so could have the potential to be aspirational for me. The appeal is surely also that she is not a model and so is relatable as a working mum blah blah.

I do agree that her makeup is unappealing in recent photos. I think she’s been trying to hit a holiday vibe, but it just looks badly applied and unflattering to me.

Reactions: 5
Well, she’s more attractive than me, so could have the potential to be aspirational for me. The appeal is surely also that she is not a model and so is relatable as a working mum blah blah.

I do agree that her makeup is unappealing in recent photos. I think she’s been trying to hit a holiday vibe, but it just looks badly applied and unflattering to me.
Natural light vs ring light

Reactions: 19

I think she's an attractive woman by any metric. Also, this sounds a bit ageist. I want to see more women in their 40s and 50s, not fewer

Instagram is littered with 20-somethings, and I cannot relate to them at all

Reactions: 34
Not sold on that foundation/CC cream she's wearing. It could use a bit more blending between the eyebrows and a bit of setting powder.
My first thought on seeing that pic was how distracting this was! Mainly because she's looked very good with minimal makeup in most of her holiday pics, and this looks cakey.

Edit: typo again!

Reactions: 6
Natural light vs ring light
I’d have thought she’d have packed a ring light in her carry on, her addiction is so strong.

Not sold on that foundation/CC cream she's wearing. It could use a bit more blending between the eyebrows and a bit of setting powder. Hadn't read the manifesto underneath the photo, maybe there's more about it there.
Is that area her melasma, possibly? Either way, it’s no advert for the products used, and that’s her main purpose so...

Reactions: 3

She uses this expression for pictures quite often. I suspect what's she trying to portray, but it's not coming off as intended.

EDA Spelling!
That moisture surge was one I bought off the back of her recommendation last year. Too orange on my olive skin :(

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.