Sali Hughes #20 Private Sali, always on parade

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
thread 21. "What's in a name? That which we call a Sali by any other name would smell as squalid"

No wait.."would smell as cheerless".

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
thread 21. "What's in a name? That which we call a Sali by any other name would smell as squalid"
Goodness knows what brought this to mind, but have just remembered one dry wit describing the Bros documentary as "the tragic tale of twin boys born without a sense of humour"

PERFECT

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Of course she hasn't. we don't go to her, she comes to us. and then cries about feeling bullied. These threads about her came about because people genuinely felt duped.

Reactions: 10
I hope Sali's read (and understood) the charity's explanation of key terms

Trolling
The act of causing problems on the internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory messages. It is done with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response

Doxing
The unauthorised retrieving and publishing, often by hacking, of a person’s personal information, including, but not limited to, full names, addresses, phone numbers, emails, spouse and children names, financial details. “Dox” is a slang version of “documents” or .doc. Causing fear, stress and panic is the objective of doxing, even when perpetrators think or say that their objective is “harmless.”

Reactions: 10
Yes, she uses the term trolling for anyone who disagrees with her and a bunch of beef faced married incels chatting discreetly in a random corner of the internet. Incorrect!

Reactions: 9
I see Sali's getting ready to promote her "documentary".
Thanking her contributors, like
and

From the charity Seyi Akiwowo set up, I don't think Sali has experienced any of this, not here, anyway. https://fixtheglitch.org/online-abuse/

https://twitter.com/salihughes/status/1304027400569868288

Is this about Eric being upset they're no longer interacting on line or is it some poor pleb who asked about Botox?
I think it might be the Laurence Fox / Rebecca Front thing today, but it’s vague. Is there a Laurence Fox thread? There should be!

Reactions: 5
There was some spilll over into Instagram about the Botox though right - so she can legitimately call troll? But those people were challenging her about Botox use I think? And were presumably pretty easily identifiable which suggests to me they didn’t think they were doing anything problematic, and didn’t mind identifying as themselves (as opposed to her under a handle).

I don’t know. I’ve been reading all this ever such a long time, may have misremembered, may be stone cold wrong. But those were the people she found across the internet and got her friends to follow, or liked photos, and blocked?

Reactions: 2
There was some spilll over into Instagram about the Botox though right - so she can legitimately call troll? But those people were challenging her about Botox use I think? And were presumably pretty easily identifiable which suggests to me they didn’t think they were doing anything problematic, and didn’t mind identifying as themselves (as opposed to her under a handle).

I don’t know. I’ve been reading all this ever such a long time, may have misremembered, may be stone cold wrong. But those were the people she found across the internet and got her friends to follow, or liked photos, and blocked?
Its a fair point but isnt trolling repeated? One-off questions about botox (if the response to sali's response wasnt fawning it was a prompt block - she didnt give anyone a chance to troll)

I was looking earlier! Doesn't look like it.
The thing with Laurence Fox is that he’s friends with RF and RF blocked him I think, due to his views. He got upset and shared a private conversation they had. Now he’s apologised and there’s an uproar about how he shared that. Therefore the point of how being muted etc isn’t being cancelled. I think? I don’t know!

Asking an Instagram infuencer who regularly uses photographs of their own face to promote beauty products whether they have had Botox is surely not an unreasonable thing to do - even if asked in a challenging way.

She was asked recently on the Fortunately podcast whether she'd had any cosmetic procedures. Would anyone have considered that Fi and Jane were 'trolling' her?

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I completely agree with you Aude and I think you’re right. But it seems it’s what she hangs the trolling accusation on?

Babbling on in this corner of the internet isn’t trolling no.

Reactions: 3
I was going to try and write something insightful on the trolling thing but I just bleeping can’t be arsed. It’s just absolutely ridiculous.

Sorry for swearing but it’s so boring - not what has been discussed on here 100’s of times but the constant circling back by SH. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Of course she hasn't. we don't go to her, she comes to us. and then cries about feeling bullied. These threads about her came about because people genuinely felt duped.
Very duped. And she sent most of us here. We read the threads, identified with the sentiment already shared here and were aghast at the information she gave on freaky Friday as it bore no resemblance whatsoever to what she was saying. To the extent many people have wondered if she was talking about another site.

new thread ...

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.