Sali Hughes #2 Pretty Dishonest

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sets my teeth on edge.

I’d like to see a rotation of experts in place of the SH column:
Posture (maybe from Alexandra technique practitioner)
Dentist on how to brush your teeth properly and which toothpastes do what
A GP on simple skin complaints like mild eczema and dermatitis
A pharmacist on over the counter tips
A yoga instructor and Pilates instructor on simple daily stretches
A bra fitter on different styles of bra or how to fit it
The new(ish) period pants and if they’re any good
A true capsule make up collection and which items can double up.

Sets my teeth on edge.

I’d like to see a rotation of experts in place of the SH column:
Posture (maybe from Alexandra technique practitioner)
Dentist on how to brush your teeth properly and which toothpastes do what
A GP on simple skin complaints like mild eczema and dermatitis
A pharmacist on over the counter tips
A yoga instructor and Pilates instructor on simple daily stretches
A bra fitter on different styles of bra or how to fit it
The new(ish) period pants and if they’re any good
A true capsule make up collection and which items can double up.
Please tweet the Guardian. Your ideas sound great.

Reactions: 5
She didn’t even make the beauty influencer shortlist. She’ll claim that she works for The Guardian so the Sunday Times would never promote a writer from a rival publication. And that’s why she didn’t make the list. No other reason. And it has nothing to do with other writers leaving her in the dust. Nothing to do with that. At all. Just newspaper politics.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Please tweet the Guardian. Your ideas sound great.
I love my own ideas so much I posted them twice 😂. Sorry about that.

I don’t use twitter but I have honestly wondered about emailing a pitch to whoever the relevant person is because the nonsense is out of control! I’m a bit disenchanted with the publication overall because I think it’s very predictable and tired. Rarely read something and think about it afterwards. Is SH the beauty editor these days? 🙄.

Does anyone know if the Times Influencer list is anywhere without a paywall? I’d love to have a look!

Oooh ouch...
Well that was wierd. The crossed arms and legs and her staring at Zanna. It looked like she is self conscious about her tummy. She doesn't have a natural warmth at all - at least it doesn't come across anyway. Compare it to the most recent makeup tutorial with Lisa Eldridge and Alexa Chung on Alexa's YT channel (I love them both though so am possibly biased) where it is warm and fun. That is it - Sali just doesn't come across as fun. It is all very serious and important.

Reactions: 1
I think with the move into IGTV, maybe with less control than her ITBW YouTube channel, she just doesn't seem at all comfortable. I think she's very aware of herself too which is why she can't just have a laugh or smile or kick out any warmth.

Reactions: 3
I think with the move into IGTV, maybe with less control than her ITBW YouTube channel, she just doesn't seem at all comfortable. I think she's very aware of herself too which is why she can't just have a laugh or smile or kick out any warmth.
Yeah maybe although I can’t recall ever witnessing any warmth from her. It’s always that eye closed pompous inhale whilst the other person is speaking. She’s literally just gearing up to speak again 😂

• Haha
No there's never been any warmth but I think under her angles and her light with her camera man, she was selling it as SH is cool, journalistic questioner, not giggly beauty fan girl. But, to me, IGTV is showing it's pure discomfort and standoffishness.

It's very true that she's just waiting to speak.

Reactions: 4
Yes that's funny because she's never been a cardi roller upper before now.

Reactions: 1
Oh God.

The looking at the ceiling when she’s talking to Zanna, the folded headmistress arms, the dismissive attitude ‘some people are scared of sticks but I’M not’ (always loved them, natch). I’m literally seconds in and already I want to shake her. She looks so uncomfortable and stiff, the lack of eye contact thing is odd too. She definitely seems uncomfortable with it.

Reactions: 3
So true, the IG thing was really uncomfortable to watch, and she did indeed look hostile! I wonder why? Poor Zanna - the camera at least got the odd smile (or silly flirtatious look) from Sali while Zanna barely got a false, brief grimace of a smile on one or two occasions! Cringe.

The constantly-crossed arms made it look as though she was trying to hide a stain on her dress, but I agree that she was likely trying to draw attention to her watch /'enormous' boobs /both...

Reactions: 2
Do you think it boils down to a bit of good old fashioned green monster stuff? People like Zanna, KJH are just a bit more effortlessly cool, younger, more on trend?

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.