Sali Hughes #2 Pretty Dishonest

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her face looks shiny and hard now. She is still a very attractive woman obviously but in the earlier photo she just looked I think prettier as her face had a natural beauty. I think it is just sad that she looked at that face in the mirror and thought it needed botox. The pressure is awful. A few years ago a friend of mine on a night out in front of everyone (when I was about 45) said 'you'd be so beautiful if you had some botox'. It made me awfully upset as I had thought I looked OK. Anyway I ignored her as I genuinely don't find lines and wrinkles unattractive. I wish beauty experts would acknowledge an older face is nothing to be scared of. People like Sali bang on about how a face like Lauren Bacall's is beautiful with lines but won't do it themselves.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
What is it about our foreheads we're supposed to be unhappy with? Lines?

Reactions: 2
I don't know. It is this unwritten rule - celebrate and acknowledge aging is wonderful and empowering but don't actually look old. This is where Sali is selling a lie. Gunk, potions at vast expense will do the job but ignore the botoxed elephant in the room.

Reactions: 3
I haven’t got forehead lines yet at 37 but of course I will, probably sooner rather than later, and I hope I’ll embrace them. I find the waxy strange botoxed look really sad. For example I was a huge Gwen Stefani fan growing up and thought she was the most gorgeous woman. She’s late forties now I think and has had work done and looks wrinkle free yet has lost her own ‘look’. She reminds me of a mannequin. Kind of soulless. I noticed her in a magazine the other day and her beauty for me has disappeared. I’m sure if she’d not had Botox and fillers she’d have some lines but would still look like the Gwen I used to love and, for me personally, would be a hundred times more attractive. No shade on women that choose these procedures, btw. Each to their own. I love that women have the choice. The pressure on women is just bleeping awful and makes me really angry. Wrinkles can look very nice. No one can stay 25 forever 🤷‍♀️

I remember her once saying lines on her face wouldn't bother her, it was the uneven skin tone and lack of glow which concerned her ( iirc) and she’d want to tackle those issues .

At some point you just look like a mature woman obviously injecting it to try to look smooth and it looks plain odd , especially if you have a craggy neck and hands.

You are so right about Gwen Stefani, she looks dreadful IMO. Just stuffed full of filler.

Reactions: 1
I'm 36 and the only lines I have are horizontal forehead ones. They are from raising my eyebrows and making sarcastic faces. If I had botox presumably I wouldn't be able to do that, and it's one of my great joys in life, so duck it.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I haven’t got forehead lines yet at 37 but of course I will, probably sooner rather than later, and I hope I’ll embrace them. I find the waxy strange botoxed look really sad. For example I was a huge Gwen Stefani fan growing up and thought she was the most gorgeous woman. She’s late forties now I think and has had work done and looks wrinkle free yet has lost her own ‘look’. She reminds me of a mannequin. Kind of soulless. I noticed her in a magazine the other day and her beauty for me has disappeared. I’m sure if she’d not had Botox and fillers she’d have some lines but would still look like the Gwen I used to love and, for me personally, would be a hundred times more attractive. No shade on women that choose these procedures, btw. Each to their own. I love that women have the choice. The pressure on women is just bleeping awful and makes me really angry. Wrinkles can look very nice. No one can stay 25 forever 🤷‍♀️
Yes yes yes. This is why I often only look at French beauty vloggers. Some have craggy faces and are so beautiful and sexy. Their faces are alive with fun and joy and don't equate beauty with youth. As you say of course it is a woman's right to chose but I think people like Sali are closing off those options. A lined face is not an option. 'Look at me, I'm 45 without a line on my face'. This is not normal, it happens of course but it is not the norm. It is not a shameful thing to have wrinkles. I really feel as a beauty expert she should 100% be upfront about procedures she has had. 100%. Stop pretending it is all down to the various potions you are sponsored to sell us. Stop making women feel insecure.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
You are so right about Gwen Stefani, she looks dreadful IMO. Just stuffed full of filler.
I felt so genuinely sad when I saw how much work she’d had done. It’s not badly done at all and objectively she is still beautiful but she just wasn’t Gwen any more to me and it really made me think a lot about whether I’d ever have anything done to my face.

She was so fun and cool back in the day and I loved watching her on stage, saw No Doubt once and it was an amazing experience. I might be going too far here but I can’t help but feel slightly let down that she’s let the enormous pressure of having to look a certain way negatively influence how she sees her own ageing process. The industry she’s in must be so tough for women over 35.

Yes yes yes. This is why I often only look at French beauty vloggers. Some have craggy faces and are so beautiful and sexy. Their faces are alive with fun and joy and don't equate beauty with youth. As you say of course it is a woman's right to chose but I think people like Sali are closing off those options. A lined face is not an option. 'Look at me, I'm 45 without a line on my face'. This is not normal, it happens of course but it is not the norm. It is not a shameful thing to have wrinkles. I really feel as a beauty expert she should 100% be upfront about procedures she has had. 100%. Stop pretending it is all down to the various potions you are sponsored to sell us. Stop making women feel insecure.
Very true. Everyone is different. Everyone will age differently. I happen to think that wrinkles look great as a 60 year old without any just looks strange to me. Take Debbie Harry for example. She looks stunning in her late 60s (?) but I’ve seen snarky misogynistic articles written about how she looks old and wrinkly nowadays. Yes. She has aged. And? How could she not?? Until men have to face the same ridiculous beauty standards as us women do I’m really not inclined to listen to any more crap on how women aren’t allowed to get old

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
For example I was a huge Gwen Stefani fan growing up and thought she was the most gorgeous woman. She’s late forties now I think and has had work done and looks wrinkle free yet has lost her own ‘look’.
I remember reading a Gwen interview years ago and she was v honest about the fact that she ate very little to conform to the fashion she wanted to wear. At the time I thought it was sad but the honesty was refreshing compared to the 'I have a fast metabolism' lies of models. There was an interesting take in the graun (not sali) that skin obsession has replaced body size obsession. (Glass skin and body 'positivity' replacing the long-lens shots of the 00's, it really assumes that we all have the potential for flawless skin, which is just as much of a falsehood as all having the potential for a 26inch waist)

Yes yes yes. This is why I often only look at French beauty vloggers.
ooh do you have any recommendations? (I can't speak french though)

Reactions: 4
View attachment 387178

If that isn't a tattler then they need to be! Perfection!

Also. Never happened.View attachment 38712
I wouldn’t believe RuPaul said that to Sali even if I saw a video of it happening 😂

another Sali classic!! How does she find the time to wear every make for years and eat out everywhere trendy often. She must have 48 hours in every day
She has five jobs, so I guess she fits 5 days into one. We obviously just don’t know how to manipulate time as well as she does!

@Jellybean I’m sorry that happened as it’s so horrible in the moment
I’d love some recommendations for French beauty gurus! I’m in France at the moment and I am in awe of the women: braless, very often messy hair, busy, not on their phones 😍. Everything I want to be!

I come here often. Love it.

Hmmmm...the thing I like about French women is a lot about attitude to life. Doesn’t make me feel inferior. The idea of it in my head gives me a role model.

We do fetishise glamorous women the world over and it’s probably unhealthy. But.... SH is not the woman to critique this 😂

Sali and Zanna back on IG tv. SH's body language 👀

Sets my teeth on edge.
I’d like to see a rotation of experts in place of the SH column:
Posture (maybe from Alexandra technique practitioner)
Dentist on how to brush your teeth properly and which toothpastes do what
A GP on simple skin complaints like mild eczema and dermatitis
A pharmacist on over the counter tips
A yoga instructor and Pilates instructor on simple daily stretches
A bra fitter on different styles of bra or how to fit it
The new(ish) period pants and if they’re any good
A true capsule make up collection and which items can double up.

Sets my teeth on edge.
I’d like to see a rotation of experts in place of the SH column:
Posture (maybe from Alexandra technique practitioner)
Dentist on how to brush your teeth properly and which toothpastes do what
A GP on simple skin complaints like mild eczema and dermatitis
A pharmacist on over the counter tips
A yoga instructor and Pilates instructor on simple daily stretches
A bra fitter on different styles of bra or how to fit it
The new(ish) period pants and if they’re any good
A true capsule make up collection and which items can double up.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.