Sali Hughes #2 Pretty Dishonest

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What the actual duck. That is just.... poison.
While I wouldn't 100% disagree that that particular type of girl (not woman, as grown ups don't behave like that) exists, it's sad that Feminist Sali didn't seem to understand that that type of behaviour is created by society and not necessarily a reflection of a bad person. Then again, the article is very old so one may hope her views have expanded since!
Geez, I almost defender her for a minute, I'll go take a shower!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Sorry you had a bad day 😐

Here is something to cheer you up - as soon as challenged Sali has no interest in arguing. Super.

Much better to write 2000 words stream of consciousness about touchy political issues, making them all about oneself
Ahaha that was so funny. Sali being all woke and an intelligent person challenging it. So she shuts it down and gets all passive aggressive. She has NO debating skills at all.
I love this thread too. For so long I liked her then thought something was very definitely off about her - a real mean girl. Judging women while pretending not to. Plus I listened to that podcast against my better judgment and got so irritated with a bit at the end. Hirons and her blithely saying that having no lines and wrinkles reflects the light so aim for a plumped up skin. Fair enough but they have this assumption that a line or wrinkle is a horrible shameful thing. This is their bottom line. Surely since she is so fearless she could address the fact most women have them and so what. I know I do and I know I look fine but her shiny taut face pretending its all down to a bleeping moisturiser is disingenuous.

Reactions: 5
Ahaha that was so funny. Sali being all woke and an intelligent person challenging it. So she shuts it down and gets all passive aggressive. She has NO debating skills at all.
I love this thread too. For so long I liked her then thought something was very definitely off about her - a real mean girl. Judging women while pretending not to. Plus I listened to that podcast against my better judgment and got so irritated with a bit at the end. Hirons and her blithely saying that having no lines and wrinkles reflects the light so aim for a plumped up skin. Fair enough but they have this assumption that a line or wrinkle is a horrible shameful thing. This is their bottom line. Surely since she is so fearless she could address the fact most women have them and so what. I know I do and I know I look fine but her shiny taut face pretending its all down to a bleeping moisturiser is disingenuous.
Yes to this! They can't claim to be pro-real women and real beauty, and feminists, and at the same time peddle skincare and beauty the way they do (before anybody jumps on me, I am not saying you can't care for your skin or use makeup and be a feminist at the same time: I'm saying that you can't declare aging a sin and profess to be super pro-women doing what they want.) Their hypocrisy is amazing, honestly.

Reactions: 8
I’m just reeling at Sali owning M&S pyjamas. She wouldn’t write that nowadays.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
While I wouldn't 100% disagree that that particular type of girl (not woman, as grown ups don't behave like that) exists, it's sad that Feminist Sali didn't seem to understand that that type of behaviour is created by society and not necessarily a reflection of a bad person. Then again, the article is very old so one may hope her views have expanded since!
Geez, I almost defender her for a minute, I'll go take a shower!
😂 you’d better get on twitter immediately.

Seriously I do recognise the behaviour she’s talking about and it’s annoying but got a little feeling some of those details might’ve been exaggerated....

Reactions: 4
😂 you’d better get on twitter immediately.

Seriously I do recognise the behaviour she’s talking about and it’s annoying but got a little feeling some of those details might’ve been exaggerated....
Oh yes, definitely, because Sali always has to dial up to 11 for effect! That's her brand of "journalism"...well, that and accepting gifts and getting annoyed about people pointing out that she's a sell out :D

Reactions: 2
What the actual duck. That is just.... poison.
I would hazard a guess it’s also 100% not true. Made up article fodder for her. That chip on her shoulder is so large it’s going to need a bigger Hill & Friends bag to balance it out.

Reactions: 3
Yes to this! They can't claim to be pro-real women and real beauty, and feminists, and at the same time peddle skincare and beauty the way they do (before anybody jumps on me, I am not saying you can't care for your skin or use makeup and be a feminist at the same time: I'm saying that you can't declare aging a sin and profess to be super pro-women doing what they want.) Their hypocrisy is amazing, honestly.
Yes it's the beauty influencers assumption that showing signs of aging and being beautiful are mutually exclusive. They pretend to acknowledge aging and how they admire older women but sneakily have their 'treatments' to shame everyone else. It is an awful pernicious mindset. They pretend to be pro women and choice but they really aren't. It involves buying stuff and looking a certain way. That is the choice.

Reactions: 6
I've just spent an entertaining time reading the comments under this ghastly article - hilarious. A lot of them pointing out how smug and superior (whilst pretending to be inferior) she is plus an unfailing belief in how odd, quirky and cool she is. Particularly like 'Cece' s comments.
These comments are fabulous. When did everyone get so sycophantic? Or are they just more heavily modded now? I LOVE to see her unhealthy assumptions challenged in public. It’s almost sinister that comments on her output now are basically ‘oh hi can you recommend a nail varnish for me?’ Or ‘love you Sali!’

Reactions: 3
From the Cosmo piece "because she constantly feels the need to show the boys how sexually liberated she is (like the rest of us have taken a vow of celibacy!)"

hmm this reminds me of somebody...

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Oooh interesting. Now if anyone could establish who Grace Dent's husband ex husband is I've been trying to find that it for donkey's 🤥

Reactions: 1
Grace’s ex husband is a (very nice) music PR called Jon Wilkinson. She was not, let’s say, a keen fan of monogamy.

There was an incredible rumour (and I have no idea if it was true) that Sali and her first husband parted ways in part because she was *addicted* to masturbating. There’s a nice image for you as you have your Sunday breakfast.

• Haha
Grace’s ex husband is a (very nice) music PR called Jon Wilkinson. She was not, let’s say, a keen fan of monogamy.

There was an incredible rumour (and I have no idea if it was true) that Sali and her first husband parted ways in part because she was *addicted* to masturbating. There’s a nice image for you as you have your Sunday breakfast.
I’m sorry but I find that masturbation comment highly amusing😁😁😁

Cor.

I wonder if that's why there seems to be schism between her and the rest of the woke sistas brigade. She was an established member with Moron and Lozza back in the day.

Thank you!

What I’d heard was there was a massive falling out between Grace and the rest of them. All manner of suggestions of unhinged behaviour, some very dark bullying and general unpleasantness. Part of this was related to Grace meeting someone much younger who was as fond of monogamy as she was but she refused to believe it and lashing out. Hence the ructions in their social media “power bubble”.

Was that Wayne? (Lol) I followed him on the socials when I figured out he was her beau - until he deleted them presumably because because of The End with GD. She was very pleased with her younger, beardy lout wasn't she? (I thought he was grimly laddish).

My mate theorised GD went a bit mental when she got divorced and maybe spurned her Girl Gang because of not being able to handle The Truth. Or something. So this is real interesting @AvonCalling!

I had wondered if Wayne wasn't approved of. Makes sense if he was a slag.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1
Well, I heard the new boyfriend was from Manchester or thereabouts and met Grace and split his time between there and London. He forgot to tell Grace that he still had a girlfriend back home. Some of Grace’s mates found out and told her that this new guy was a wrong ‘un, Grace refused to believe them, went nuclear and fell out with all that lot. But I think there was a whole battle to be Alpha Female in that group and she was losing out to Caitlin. So this allowed her to strop off without conceding Caitlin was the “leader”. The politics within that gang are a) toxic and b) incredibly fragile. All the minor and bit part players (basically anyone who is not Caitlin or Lauren) is terrified of rocking the boat. Hence them a turning a blind eye to all the staffers and freelancers at The Pool who never got paid when the whole thing collapsed. Lauren had “conveniently” jumped clear mere months before the tit really hit the fan (i.e. writers going on Twitter to shame it into paying them). But if you look at their books on Companies House, the previous financial year was a disaster. Lauren must have known it was going to tit and managed to step down from the board and stood by as the new editor (who was not a director) had to take all the flak. Obviously Sali and crew can’t be seen to acknowledge this uncomfortable truth lest Lauren shitcan them.

Reactions: 5
Well, I heard the new boyfriend was from Manchester or thereabouts and met Grace and split his time between there and London. He forgot to tell Grace that he still had a girlfriend back home. Some of Grace’s mates found out and told her that this new guy was a wrong ‘un, Grace refused to believe them, went nuclear and fell out with all that lot. But I think there was a whole battle to be Alpha Female in that group and she was losing out to Caitlin. So this allowed her to strop off without conceding Caitlin was the “leader”. The politics within that gang are a) toxic and b) incredibly fragile. All the minor and bit part players (basically anyone who is not Caitlin or Lauren) is terrified of rocking the boat. Hence them a turning a blind eye to all the staffers and freelancers at The Pool who never got paid when the whole thing collapsed. Lauren had “conveniently” jumped clear mere months before the tit really hit the fan (i.e. writers going on Twitter to shame it into paying them). But if you look at their books on Companies House, the previous financial year was a disaster. Lauren must have known it was going to tit and managed to step down from the board and stood by as the new editor (who was not a director) had to take all the flak. Obviously Sali and crew can’t be seen to acknowledge this uncomfortable truth lest Lauren shitcan them.
It sounds messy , however they all love the drama by the sounds of it.

So Lauren’s a bit of a cow?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.