Sali Hughes #2 Pretty Dishonest

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m still sniggering that her favourite restaurant ; The Chilli Pickle , is owned and run by non Indian people .

Is this cultural appropriation? 🤔😉

Reactions: 5
sadly I have gone down the rabbit hole of looking at old Sali articles.... this one particularly irked me.... why do mums have to be categorised and why does Sali have to pretend to be one of those ditsy disorganised ones.
I've just spent an entertaining time reading the comments under this ghastly article - hilarious. A lot of them pointing out how smug and superior (whilst pretending to be inferior) she is plus an unfailing belief in how odd, quirky and cool she is. Particularly like 'Cece' s comments.

Reactions: 1
I love her ugly duckling narrative. “OMG I’m sooo ugly so I had to be smart and funny!”. So she craps on “beautiful people”, who couldn’t possibly be smart as well, managing to also crap on everybody who doesn’t fit that narrow-minded as hell standard of “beauty” at the same time. Then she reminds her ugly-ass reader that she at least manages to escape the drudgery of not looking like Gigi Hadid by being super funny and cool.
To think that this woman has convinced herself that she is in any way “woke” or a feminist...everything out of her mouth is an outrage to feminism but she’s too dumb and conceited to realise it.
She’s so vile.

Reactions: 3
Can I just say, this thread has been my favourite Tattle thread this week by miles. Well done everyone 🏆

She just is always so bloody vociferous and righteous and judgy whatever choice she makes. No nuance. This sounds awfully judgy myself as of course people change their minds about big things but it was just the smug tone that irritated.
Since were all reminiscing about Ye Olde Smug Sali Articles, I also remember her smugging on about having homebirths and hanging onto an antique wing backed chair during contractions.

Not to mention the article she once wrote (might have been The Pool, so it’s long gone) about tattoos and how deep and meaningful hers were. Now I have nothing against tattoos - I have a big one - but Sali was so annoyingly smug about hers.

I’m still sniggering that her favourite restaurant ; The Chilli Pickle , is owned and run by non Indian people .

Is this cultural appropriation? 🤔😉
Not sure about cultural appropriation (I’d say it’s borderline) but it is WRONG. SO WRONG.

Reactions: 4
Since were all reminiscing about Ye Olde Smug Sali Articles, I also remember her smugging on about having homebirths and hanging onto an antique wing backed chair during contractions.
Nowadays it would be 'an antique wing backed chair. I paid.'

Poor Sali though, could you imagine the horror of having to wash her own hair at the time and no Mary Greenwell on standby?

I love her ugly duckling narrative. “OMG I’m sooo ugly so I had to be smart and funny!”. So she craps on “beautiful people”, who couldn’t possibly be smart as well, managing to also crap on everybody who doesn’t fit that narrow-minded as hell standard of “beauty” at the same time. Then she reminds her ugly-ass reader that she at least manages to escape the drudgery of not looking like Gigi Hadid by being super funny and cool.
To think that this woman has convinced herself that she is in any way “woke” or a feminist...everything out of her mouth is an outrage to feminism but she’s too dumb and conceited to realise it.
She’s so vile.
Absolutely! How does she have such a platform? It’s mortifying. I don’t know what the editors at Red were thinking of.

I can’t overstate it 😂. That is one of the worst articles I’ve ever read.

1. It’s highly offensive to beautiful people
2. It assumes that everyone, everywhere is just ranking all women on looks
3. It assumes most people can’t function in the presence of beauty
4. It has so many logical holes my head is spinning
5. It repeatedly explains why she is so superior to everyone

Can I just say, this thread has been my favourite Tattle thread this week by miles. Well done everyone 🏆

Not to mention the article she once wrote (might have been The Pool, so it’s long gone) about tattoos and how deep and meaningful hers were. Now I have nothing against tattoos - I have a big one - but Sali was so annoyingly smug about hers.

Not sure about cultural appropriation (I’d say it’s borderline) but it is WRONG. SO WRONG.

Lol, same re. This thread 🥇🏆🥇🏆I am just so glad that I’m not the only person in England who can see how toxic she is!

And big 😂 @ ‘smugging off’ that is amazing shorthand for her articles and would be a good way to inform her editors to edit better and edit more 😂😂😂

Dear editor,

Please do add excessive smugging off to your checklist with this one.

Whilst you’re at it, you could probably cut her word count in half (why use 10 words when 2 would do?)

We are in the midst of a slight over consumption problem in the western world but I do understand that you may find it safer for her to see out her contract with lists of things to buy. It is completely inappropriate and in contrast to the ethos of your newspaper but actually so is everything she writes...so...

Best wishes,

A concerned citizen

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
"And so now, while I do tell my sons that they’re beautiful, I don’t offer qualifying statements as proof. They’re not beautiful because they have blue eyes, or blonde hair, or small noses"

:rolleyes:

And odds on aryan Rebecca at school having never existed?

She’s so vile.
I can tell by the quality of the contributions on this thread that you must all be very plain looking. If any of you were beautiful you would just be simpering at your rich boyfriends all day, valiumed up to the eyeballs. Maybe watching the hands of a clock turning around dreading each second of ageing.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
This thread is the dogs bollocks. Exactly what I needed after a particularly crap day.

The Mum article is beyond trying, the school one a pile of manufactured woe. She is so frugal with the truth in any form, so judgmental and self opinionated, the irony is amazing at times when you know her back catalogue.

This thread is the dogs bollocks. Exactly what I needed after a particularly crap day.

The Mum article is beyond trying, the school one a pile of manufactured woe. She is so frugal with the truth in any form, so judgmental and self opinionated, the irony is amazing at times when you know her back catalogue.
Sorry you had a bad day 😐

Here is something to cheer you up - as soon as challenged Sali has no interest in arguing. Super.

Much better to write 2000 words stream of consciousness about touchy political issues, making them all about oneself

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
Janice Turner would hang Sal out to dry if they got into a ‘debate’. It’s inevitable that gender identity and feminism gets raised on her FB page at some point and she’ll have to pick a *side*, that’ll be worth getting the popcorn out for.

I can tell by the quality of the contributions on this thread that you must all be very plain looking. If any of you were beautiful you would just be simpering at your rich boyfriends all day, valiumed up to the eyeballs. Maybe watching the hands of a clock turning around dreading each second of ageing.
HOW DARE YOU 😆

• Haha
Oh god the home births!
I remember her saying “I could open my own window if I wished, bliss”, as if that’s the thing everybody should take into consideration when weighing up home v. hospital.

Calling women ‘dog whistles’ is repulsive, even if they are complete scoundrels, how very feminist of you Sali 🤪

I’m just reading the “I’ll never be a proper mum” article (which, let’s face it, is a mid 30s rehashing of “I’m not like the other girls”) and have two things to say:

1. One girlfriend of mine recently organised what she thought was a dump'n'drop, to find that not only had mum decided to stay, but she'd brought her husband along too. Both stood at the doorstep in matching Boden knitwear, grinning like maniacs and proffering a recently shot pheasant.

#THATHAPPENED

2. One mention of a dreaded playdate on Twitter one day caused an avalanche of support from parents based up and down the country, in every imaginable job from stay-at-home mums and teachers, to a prominent actor and a newsreader.

Never misses a chance to show off about her famous friends, does Sal 👍

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.