Sali Hughes #2 Pretty Dishonest

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
:sick: :sick::sick: Wtaf. Are we all supposed to be incredibly jealous? She is 45 ffs. Not a teenager. Runaway or otherwise.
Didn’t she also some time ago post about earning more than him or something like that. Bet he was great in bed that night.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
When she wrote about getting remarried in The Pool she said he was perfect for her because she likes big noses. Couldn't help wondering if he does too.

Years ago (maybe around 2010?), she wrote an uber smug article about being a mum of boys and was talking about being married too. I think it was for Red or maybe a Sunday supplement type magazine. It was nauseating. Lots of smug married bollocks (I say that as a person who has been married for almost 20yrs). Like most of her back catalog, it seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth so I can’t find it. It just stuck with me and so I was quite surprised when I read she had separated from her first husband. It’s always dangerous, publicly proclaiming how marvellous your relationship is.

Years ago (maybe around 2010?), she wrote an uber smug article about being a mum of boys and was talking about being married too. I think it was for Red or maybe a Sunday supplement type magazine. It was nauseating. Lots of smug married bollocks (I say that as a person who has been married for almost 20yrs). Like most of her back catalog, it seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth so I can’t find it. It just stuck with me and so I was quite surprised when I read she had separated from her first husband. It’s always dangerous, publicly proclaiming how marvellous your relationship is.
I also read this article. The smuggest part of it was when she wrote something along of the lines that her husband was also wonderful to her friends and they all got on so beautifully. Must have really stung when the tit hit the fan and he left her.

Reactions: 1
sadly I have gone down the rabbit hole of looking at old Sali articles.... this one particularly irked me.... why do mums have to be categorised and why does Sali have to pretend to be one of those ditsy disorganised ones.

Reactions: 2
sadly I have gone down the rabbit hole of looking at old Sali articles.... this one particularly irked me.... why do mums have to be categorised and why does Sali have to pretend to be one of those ditsy disorganised ones.
It’s not very wokeBrightoncoolmum to be on the PTA

I also read this article. The smuggest part of it was when she wrote something along of the lines that her husband was also wonderful to her friends and they all got on so beautifully. Must have really stung when the tit hit the fan and he left her.
Do we know anything about the ex husband?

"I am better at beauty because I wasn't beautiful enough, and so I became funny, happy and beautiful"
This one is the worst! She really tries to shoehorn reality into her unique angles, doesn’t she? Her beautiful peachy skinned friend’s talents weren’t noticed because of her beauty?! That is such bollocks - beautiful people often get more opportunities to pursue their dreams, not less.

I can’t stand how judgemental she is about everything, here even beautiful people. Just leave everyone alone you absolute cow! She clearly is not happy with being plain because she’s had her ears pinned, her face filled up and an absolute entourage on call.

Agh! I want to write a 5 page essay deconstructing why that piece was absolute trash. She learned to be funny to get attention? Funny? That’s the funniest thing she’s ever said.

Reactions: 5
I remember her saying numerous times on old GTL how she would never get married again even showing a picture of a kooky dress saying if she ever got married she would wear it but she never ever would. Now of course totally fine to change your mind, we all do it, but I'm sure I remember a Pool article when she had just got engaged again going on about how sad it was when people were so closed minded about marrying again and how lovely it is to feel secure in a marriage. She just is always so bloody vociferous and righteous and judgy whatever choice she makes. No nuance. This sounds awfully judgy myself as of course people change their minds about big things but it was just the smug tone that irritated.

Reactions: 3
‘Rather ironically I also became obsessed with beauty’

Oh no no, it wasn’t at all about trying to be pretty! I’m above that you silly idiots. Me, I’m more of an enigma. I’m outward looking that’s why I’m a journalist and I’m hilarious (see my recent iPhone charger joke on twitter that some evil buffoon ruined). Every beautiful person is flawed. Underdeveloped. God, sorry everyone, it’s just occurring to me more and more all the time how brilliantly perfect I am. Like I could’ve been born with a lovely face but then I would’ve just sat staring into a mirror all day. Now I..... oh wait.

I remember her saying numerous times on old GTL how she would never get married again even showing a picture of a kooky dress saying if she ever got married she would wear it but she never ever would. Now of course totally fine to change your mind, we all do it, but I'm sure I remember a Pool article when she had just got engaged again going on about how sad it was when people were so closed minded about marrying again and how lovely it is to feel secure in a marriage. She just is always so bloody vociferous and righteous and judgy whatever choice she makes. No nuance. This sounds awfully judgy myself as of course people change their minds about big things but it was just the smug tone that irritated.
I think that’s exactly it - she’s so condemning of any choice that isn’t her own in that moment. It isn’t that she changes her mind, it’s that she’s just so judgemental and then does a 180 with a totally straight face and equally aggressively.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.