Sali Hughes #18 No valid criticism, just endless speculation about her height and glasses.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can I just say I LOATHE Sarah Millican with a passion I never thought possible.
Me too - I’m from the same part of the world as her. I’m sure she puts in her accent more thickly it makes me cringe and her ‘comedy’ is completely devoid of humour.

Reactions: 10
I like the new specs - vast improvement on the over sized black ones. I just don’t get the spec chain? It’s hideous and yes, like a door security chain. I can understand that they might be a trend but a more understated one would be cooler and not in gold - maybe black or pewter.

Reactions: 5
I like the new specs - vast improvement on the over sized black ones. I just don’t get the spec chain? It’s hideous and yes, like a door security chain. I can understand that they might be a trend but a more understated one would be cooler and not in gold - maybe black or pewter.
True, but Missoma only does that egregious ultra-yellow gold.

Reactions: 4
@fakebaker is it the balancing mist you use? I didnt really know this beand before and whilst I'm sure the QoH is fantastic, I'm loathe to spend that much when my skin is so sensitive. I.e I would want to know it wasn't going to massively set it off first. Not that £15 is cheap of course but you know what I mean

I saw a great Lisa Eldridge video, the buy nothing make up tutorial. A total breath of fresh air when most YT videos exist to make us dash out and buy more.

Re mists/spritzes, I love them. I have a feeling that they are 99% pointless in terms of adding anything of value to the skin but I like them when I am hot and bothered (most of the time now that it is the school holidays) and just when I feel like I want a bit of a wake up. I was in hospital for two weeks in February (and like the micellar water for cleaning my face) a mist just made me feel less awful and like I cared. So yes, I think they add something in a self care way. Have any of you used anything from Disciple London? They have a 'juicy mist' and I just love it, smells great and cheaper than Queen of Hungry (although I love Omorovicza...once had a facial at their store in Budapest, it was incredible also made the husband have one, his skin has never looked so good - before or after!).

Reactions: 1
@fakebaker is it the balancing mist you use? I didnt really know this beand before and whilst I'm sure the QoH is fantastic, I'm loathe to spend that much when my skin is so sensitive. I.e I would want to know it wasn't going to massively set it off first. Not that £15 is cheap of course but you know what I mean
@CocoCottesmore I have the juicy mist - https://disciplelondon.com/collections/the-range/products/juicy-mist, I think that I have proper beefy skin as little seems to upset it. I have a few bits from the Disciple range, I like it all, the cleansing oil is delicious and I really love the night oil. Hope this helps - may be email Disciple through their website and see if they have any advice re sensitive skin or if they can send you a sample. They are a small brand and hopefully they would be happy to help x

They also put the product ingredients on their website, would that help you?

Reactions: 3
I have just looked this up, wish I hadn’t!

Anything orange blossom I have to have...

I saw a great Lisa Eldridge video, the buy nothing make up tutorial. A total breath of fresh air when most YT videos exist to make us dash out and buy more.

Re mists/spritzes, I love them. I have a feeling that they are 99% pointless in terms of adding anything of value to the skin but I like them when I am hot and bothered (most of the time now that it is the school holidays) and just when I feel like I want a bit of a wake up. I was in hospital for two weeks in February (and like the micellar water for cleaning my face) a mist just made me feel less awful and like I cared. So yes, I think they add something in a self care way. Have any of you used anything from Disciple London? They have a 'juicy mist' and I just love it, smells great and cheaper than Queen of Hungry (although I love Omorovicza...once had a facial at their store in Budapest, it was incredible also made the husband have one, his skin has never looked so good - before or after!).

I appreciate I'm a lurker, but I've applied the same half-arsed attempts as Sali writing her Guardian column, and will lob this particular tin foil hat in to the ring for the next thread title:

Sali Hughes #19 Snide, snippy, invented red lippy, not half as bright as her beloved ring light

Having said that, this current thread title is my favourite on the whole site *bows beef face in deference*

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Despite it being well expensive, it looks as though it would turn your neck green in no time, or the gold colour would flake off. Nobody would believe it cost that much it looks gaudy and ridiculous.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Personally I don’t think gold looks that good on pale skins with dark hair. It looks good on blondes and/or people with warmer and darker skin tones - and rose gold too. Just my opinion tho.
Just glad I don’t suit it and I’m therefore quite cheap. 😂

Reactions: 4
Personally I don’t think gold looks that good on pale skins with dark hair. It looks good on blondes and/or people with warmer and darker skin tones - and rose gold too. Just my opinion tho.
Just glad I don’t suit it and I’m therefore quite cheap. 😂
I completely agree. I'm a pale brunette and gold looks horrible on me. Silver suits me so much better.

Reactions: 9
Has anyone tried a LED mask thing? I can’t do nuface cos of dodgy chops. Saw the Beauty Maverick review on Current Body and it was positive.

Has anyone tried a LED mask thing? I can’t do nuface cos of dodgy chops. Saw the Beauty Maverick review on Current Body and it was positive.
That’s a shame about Nuface , do you mind me asking about your chops. I’m loaded with fillings from my youth and the gadget hasn’t caused me any grief ( only two days in mind).

Reactions: 1
I have the FaceLite which is actually recommended by Andy Millward who's very careful about what he recommends. I think it's helping my hypersensitive type 2 rosacea skin (but have only been using it consistently for a couple of months so it's hard to tell - my skin went crazy during lockdown and I actually begged my gp for a prescription over the phone)
I just put it on before bed and listen to a YouTube for 10 minutes.

I completely agree. I'm a pale brunette and gold looks horrible on me. Silver suits me so much better.
Me too. Though I could get used to platinum...

Reactions: 3
"The world's leading manicurist" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
How hard can it be? I mean, surely there are loads and loads of people who can do nails just as well

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.