Sali Hughes #18 No valid criticism, just endless speculation about her height and glasses.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That’s a shame about Nuface , do you mind me asking about your chops. I’m loaded with fillings from my youth and the gadget hasn’t caused me any grief ( only two days in mind).
Sure. I’ve had this thing where the muscles in my face go into constant spasm. It’s incredibly painful so much I ended up in A&E and they put me on fast track for cancer. They had no idea what the problem was. I clamp my jaw when sleeping so probably the cause. You can’t see anything when I had it. Thankfully, finally diagnosed now. Just 2 instances in 3 years but I wouldn’t be keen to set it off again. I found out that Botox works for it and I almost did it but muscle relaxant via Valium sorted it second time. So, wary of the nuface unfortunately.

Sure. I’ve had this thing where the muscles in my face go into constant spasm. It’s incredibly painful so much I ended up in A&E and they put me on fast track for cancer. They had no idea what the problem was. I clamp my jaw when sleeping so probably the cause. You can’t see anything when I had it. Thankfully, finally diagnosed now. Just 2 instances in 3 years but I wouldn’t be keen to set it off again. I found out that Botox works for it and I almost did it but muscle relaxant via Valium sorted it second time. So, wary of the nuface unfortunately.
So nothing to do with fillings - got loads of those too from my youth!

Reactions: 1
Check out her reply- it's like she's talking to a child
Agreed. She shouldn’t have bothered if she wasn’t even going to answer the question asked. Also side eyeing her implying the commenter can’t afford the one Sali has as she needs to look for a cheap ‘dupe’ instead on the googles. Obviously no blue tick equals no money.

As I’ve been working through the threads I find it amusing how many times Sali chucks a fit over people misspelling her name particularly on comments here. I mean the more correct ‘Sali’ spellings there are, surely the more it links to her in the google search results. Whereas the wrong Sally would be less likely to link to her, right?

Reactions: 3
Has anyone tried a LED mask thing? I can’t do nuface cos of dodgy chops. Saw the Beauty Maverick review on Current Body and it was positive.
I've found Andy's IG video. The originaFaceLite can be rebranded for retail, (eg the one I have is called Boost from the Light Salon, which is the same gadget underneath, by the same manufacturer but doesn't have the metallic pattern on the front. I bought mine from VH when there was an offer on). You can see the Cureent Body one is the same mask with their own branding and pattern superimposed - their price at the moment is very keen.

As I’ve been working through the threads I find it amusing how many times Sali chucks a fit over people misspelling her name particularly on comments here. I mean the more correct ‘Sali’ spellings there are, surely the more it links to her in the google search results. Whereas the wrong Sally would be less likely to link to her, right?
Well, if there's one thing worse than being talked about, it's not being talked about, incorrect name spelling or no. She even sent a number of us here to add to the traffic with her Friday rant!

Incidentally, old news, but I found the beef face married incel twitter chat a bit projecting (from IK IIRC, but within SH's twitter chat). For one, we're all Helen-of-Troy gorgeous, shag bandy and sylphlike but what a strange thing to say when you're notably objectively less lovely looking than your sisters and partnered to a problematic man - per EJs wiki.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
@Sheeeet true, I was forgetting Sali as a narcissist has to redirect the conversation back to her whenever the thread gets quiet or veers into genuine beauty recommendations. After all when tattlers influenced nuface Sali redirects with sexface #pelaton

• Haha
Well, if there's one thing worse than being talked about, it's not being talked about, incorrect name spelling or no. She even sent a number of us here to add to the traffic with her Friday rant!

Incidentally, old news, but I found the beef face married incel twitter chat a bit projecting (from IK IIRC, but within SH's twitter chat). For one, we're all Helen-of-Troy gorgeous, shag bandy and sylphlike but what a strange thing to say when you're notably objectively less lovely looking than your sisters and partnered to a problematic man - per EJs wiki.
And don't forget her first husband turned out to be gay. When she said we obviously hated Sali because we were jealous of her being so pretty, she was definitely projecting. Maybe that's how *her* mind operates

And don't forget her first husband turned out to be gay. When she said we obviously hated Sali because we were jealous of her being so pretty, she was definitely projecting. Maybe that's how *her* mind operates
When I read IKs books I wondered how much was autobiographical and some of the criticism e.g. of women partnered with younger men, too vitriolic to be hypothetical. I would guess there's a LOT of projecting in IK's world. Off topic I know, so...

On the SH side, the repeated public reference to this place seems designed to remind people of how much EVERYONE is OBSESSED with her and CONSTANTLY talking about her. I shun attention, so can't understand if she finds the chat here so objectionable, why draw more of an audience to it?

This thread title is like a self-fulfilling prophecy. I certainly never expected to be speculating about her glasses and yet here I am.

My speculation is this: is the ostentatious 'designer' branding knowingly, ironically vulgar or just vulgar?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
This thread title is like a self-fulfilling prophecy. I certainly never expected to be speculating about her glasses and yet here I am.

My speculation is this: is the ostentatious 'designer' branding knowingly, ironically vulgar or just vulgar?
Ah yes fondly remembering 90s Moschino...

Not sponsored, affiliated, required etc etc. Sali love, they didn’t give you a bleeping 40% discount code for you not to share it with the world you absolute fool! What do you take us for???

Also, just to add, Arket top - another influencer staple. She has well and truly jumped on board the gravy train.
Those bloody poo coloured T shirts - they are hideous. Another example of emperors new
clothes

• Haha
Only thing worse than being talked about ....

(this may have been referenced up thread already, or perhaps another thread I read - soz)

I mean we do become part of the problem as we give her ammo to feed her victim complex...what to do?? I say we keep comparing her to Lisa Eldrige and how much better she is than her, even though she's only a lowly make up artist.

Reactions: 2
I'd rather judge her on what she purports to be - a serious writer and "proper" journalist. Neither of which I've seen any evidence of.
Apart from a few paragraphs in the Guardian each week what does she write?
She said the other day her new book includes an old Pool column she's "repurposed" - all about sustainability is our Sal, endlessly recycling the same old opinions for publication.

Reactions: 11
I'd rather judge her on what she purports to be - a serious writer and "proper" journalist. Neither of which I've seen any evidence of.
She said the other day her new book includes an old Pool column she's "repurposed" - all about sustainability is our Sal, endlessly recycling the same old opinions for publication.
A hundred percent everything you said.

My exact thought. Using a byword for slavery a month after posting BLM stuff (which hasn't been mentioned since).
I hope she reads this post and acknowledges what she posted is offensive. It's ok if she didn't but just own up to it if you truly believe black lives matter. I just heard about one of those gangs who collectively drowned in a river because they were all tied together and couldn't do anything about it. Disgusting racist tit.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
I hope she reads this post and acknowledges what she posted is offensive. It's ok if she didn't but just own up to it if you truly believe black lives matter. I just heard about one of those gangs who collectively drowned in a river because they were all tied together and couldn't do anything about it. Disgusting racist tit.
A disgusting practise that is still happening today in the form of legal slave labour. Just beyond awful how the American criminal system treats people in their care, because they are still people. (I say American because that’s the system I’m aware of doing this but I’m sure other countries are also guilty of similar.)

• Sick
spot on. Since she saddled up and leapt onto the Influencer bandwagon that part of her bio is becoming laughable. I also judge her on her very shady selling ‘technique’. Making out she is vilified over the #AD tagging is ludicrous. It’s the LAW.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.