Sali Hughes #18 No valid criticism, just endless speculation about her height and glasses.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else a bit sad about her transition into influencer? I do honestly think the old Sali we followed would have baulked at such carry on. What happened? I guess it's too tempting not to turn down the opportunity to get lucrative deals for doing naff all except posting on Instagram

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Anyone else a bit sad about her transition into influencer? I do honestly think the old Sali we followed would have baulked at such carry on. What happened? I guess it's too tempting not to turn down the opportunity to get lucrative deals for doing naff all except posting on Instagram
I'm not sad. duck her. And quite frankly duck the entire beauty/skin care industry and the capitalist patriarchy that plays on all our insecurities so that even if we know we're enjoying in something as a hobby, it's built on the foundations of making us feel insecure about ourselves. duck this fake swerve from misogyny to "beauty is power" that she and so many peddle. ARGHGHGHGHGHGH!!!!

Reactions: 24
I'm not sad. duck her. And quite frankly duck the entire beauty/skin care industry and the capitalist patriarchy that plays on all our insecurities so that even if we know we're enjoying in something as a hobby, it's built on the foundations of making us feel insecure about ourselves. duck this fake swerve from misogyny to "beauty is power" that she and so many peddle. ARGHGHGHGHGHGH!!!!
Yeah so true. She is just another cog in that machine

Reactions: 4
spot on. Since she saddled up and leapt onto the Influencer bandwagon that part of her bio is becoming laughable. I also judge her on her very shady selling ‘technique’. Making out she is vilified over the #AD tagging is ludicrous. It’s the LAW.
She wants to have a word with her mate Hirons about that - she’s very much of the opinion that the ones who point out where something hasn’t been correctly labelled as an advert shouldn’t be the ones who are shamed. So grow up Sali and do your job. Stop being petty about saying you paid for stuff yourself, and just label all your bloody adverts and brand partnerships properly.

Reactions: 6
Sali is going to be interviewed by Jo Good on BBC Radio London today after 130 pm. Tel no is 0800 731 2000 in case you want to call in with a question. 😏

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Well, if there's one thing worse than being talked about, it's not being talked about, incorrect name spelling or no. She even sent a number of us here to add to the traffic with her Friday rant!

Incidentally, old news, but I found the beef face married incel twitter chat a bit projecting (from IK IIRC, but within SH's twitter chat). For one, we're all Helen-of-Troy gorgeous, shag bandy and sylphlike but what a strange thing to say when you're notably objectively less lovely looking than your sisters and partnered to a problematic man - per EJs wiki.
Shag bandy 😂😂😂😂😂. Love it 😂😂😂😂

Reactions: 1
Glasses chains are everywhere at the moment, they seem to be a bit of a trend. I bought one for my sunglasses and I LOVE it ;)
I really like the look of that clip that someone posted earlier - it will be great for keeping my wedding ring secure when washing my hands in the loo. (I’ve already misplaced it once!)

what I really want is a chain for face masks. I’ve seen them in the us on IG but not here sadly

Not a fan of this new bling vibe she’s going for, looks very chavvy in that latest story.

Reactions: 2
I think she made some missteps, starting with killing to fb group to launch her own forum & that whole mess. As a result I don’t think she “got” Instagram early enough. I figure she probably has to hitch horse to the influencer wagon because all the other media she works in are dead or dying.

Reactions: 5
I completely agree. I'm a pale brunette and gold looks horrible on me. Silver suits me so much better.
I would expect vermeil - sterling silver underneath the gold - for that kind of money. Sabo (not an ad, not an affiliate link) is doing them in 18ct yellow or rose plating, white or black metal, for almost a tenth of Missoma's

• Wow
Not a fan of this new bling vibe she’s going for, looks very chavvy in that latest story.
Have to agree. What with the gaudy chav chain and C H A N E L stamped across the top of the glasses, she’s well on the way.

• Haha
I really really hope her old articles for The Pool are archived somewhere so we can compare and contrast when the "repurposed" ones come out.

• Haha
I think she made some missteps, starting with killing to fb group to launch her own forum & that whole mess. As a result I don’t think she “got” Instagram early enough. I figure she probably has to hitch horse to the influencer wagon because all the other media she works in are dead or dying.
The forum story is interesting- her now husband and one of her friends were investors, they obviously thought it would be a huge money spinner. She then all but gave up on the forum and website (and her business partner stepped down) and all of a sudden, FB gets reactivated again

Ah thanks!! I'll go and do some deep research on their website.

@CocoCottesmore I have the juicy mist - https://disciplelondon.com/collections/the-range/products/juicy-mist, I think that I have proper beefy skin as little seems to upset it. I have a few bits from the Disciple range, I like it all, the cleansing oil is delicious and I really love the night oil. Hope this helps - may be email Disciple through their website and see if they have any advice re sensitive skin or if they can send you a sample. They are a small brand and hopefully they would be happy to help x

They also put the product ingredients on their website, would that help you?

Right? She could have kept the fb group going and set up a Patreon account (or the whatever the equivalent was back then) and produced relevant content for us on a regular basis in the form of YouTube videos which she could have then posted to YouTube later in order to monetise them after giving us priority access.

She had, what, 6000 followers on FB? If even half of them gave her a £3 a month for proper quality content, that’s over £100K a year in addition to her other income. And then there is the YouTube income on top of that.

I’m just writing off the cuff here, but she could have gone so many ways. The forum was a bust. Poorly designed. And she didn’t put any effort into the content.How many years was it before she had a person of colour on there?! Four was it? Five?

Well, at least her true colours are out and we can see her for what she really is now. A vapid, racist narcissist.

A disgusting practise that is still happening today in the form of legal slave labour. Just beyond awful how the American criminal system treats people in their care, because they are still people. (I say American because that’s the system I’m aware of doing this but I’m sure other countries are also guilty of similar.)
From what I understand the Uighurs are being exploited in the same way by China except their only crime is being Muslim.

Reactions: 7
Right? She could have kept the fb group going and set up a Patreon account (or the whatever the equivalent was back then) and produced relevant content for us on a regular basis in the form of YouTube videos which she could have then posted to YouTube later in order to monetise them after giving us priority access.

She had, what, 6000 followers on FB? If even half of them gave her a £3 a month for proper quality content, that’s over £100K a year in addition to her other income. And then there is the YouTube income on top of that.

I’m just writing off the cuff here, but she could have gone so many ways. The forum was a bust. Poorly designed. And she didn’t put any effort into the content.How many years was it before she had a person of colour on there?! Four was it? Five?

Well, at least her true colours are out and we can see her for what she really is now. A vapid, racist narcissist.

From what I understand the Uighurs are being exploited in the same way by China except their only crime is being Muslim.
The forum design is like something from 1999. When you compare the functionality to Tattle's forum, it's light years behind. And all the articles were basically written by her Twitter luvvie mates

The forum design is like something from 1999. When you compare the functionality to Tattle's forum, it's light years behind. And all the articles were basically written by her Twitter luvvie mates
Exactly I remember there was one Black female writer who was commissioned to write something for the site, but she never wrote for SHB again after criticising Caitlin Moran about her flippant attitude to representation on Girls (or something like that).

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.