Sali Hughes #18 No valid criticism, just endless speculation about her height and glasses.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 182334View attachment 182336

Wonder what Sali's recommending at the moment that she'll disavow in 8 years' time. I do hope it's not something thst costs over a hundred quid this time.

I'll include the screenshots for completeness. There was aldo a competition on SHB to win one.
If the Clarisonic had an adverse effect on your skin it was probably your fault for not using it properly. At the time that is, it seems like nowadays it may have been the product after all.

View attachment 182345View attachment 182346View attachment 182349
So quite a bit of difference between 'I'm not a fan at all' and 'the facial one is wonderful' :unsure:
Not even a 'I used to like it but...'. Now why would you possibly recommend something you didn't like? 🧐

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Regarding flicky eyeliner, I have dug out my copy of Pretty Honest and here is what she wrote on the very same subject

"Those iconic feline flicks of liquid eyeliner, beloved by Bardot, Monroe, Fonteyn and so many other glamorous women, will never go out of style. I wore flicky 60s liner for years and while it will always be a look I love, I've parked it momentarily until its huge moment in fashion passes. Because the point for me is that flicks are special- they require effort, patience, maintenance, occasion and a half-decent outfit. I don't want to wear them when everyone's at it. There are still times, though, where only a flick will do and I'm terribly grateful for my ability to draw then"

So, they will never go out of style but you're waiting until their "huge moment in fashion passes". Which is it?

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I love it when influencers slag off products they've previously pushed hard, Caroline Hirons has done it several times. Stick around long enough and you'll notice they all slip up and do it.

Carefully chosen collaborations, my ass!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I love it when influencers slag off products they've previously pushed hard, Caroline Hirons has done it several times. Stick around long enough and you'll notice they all slip up and do it.

Carefully chosen collaborations, my ass!
Or vice versa, when they start loving brands they previously slagged off. Hirons is guilty of that. Her stance on Sunday Riley also seems to change month to month, probably depending on whether she's on the payroll

• Heart
Reactions: 11
It is interesting, and no doubt Sali would class it as one of those petty things that happens here, raking over every thing she says looking for discrepancies, but the Clarisonic thing - without @Mselvista remembering that no doubt some of us would be scratching our heads going 'but I'm sure she recommended them on a few occasions? And thought they were wonderful?' - and on the strength of that purchased one for themselves or as a gift.
No doubt the Sali Hughes Beauty agony aunt would find this hilarious - buy something Sali said is good? Because you trusted her? Only to find out she never liked it? Fools.
What next - she never rated Whistles?

• Haha
Reactions: 17
It is interesting, and no doubt Sali would class it as one of those petty things that happens here, raking over every thing she says looking for discrepancies, but the Clarisonic thing - without @Mselvista remembering that no doubt some of us would be scratching our heads going 'but I'm sure she recommended them on a few occasions? And thought they were wonderful?' - and on the strength of that purchased one for themselves or as a gift.
No doubt the Sali Hughes Beauty agony aunt would find this hilarious - buy something Sali said is good? Because you trusted her? Only to find out she never liked it? Fools.
What next - she never rated Whistles?
It reminds me of high school behaviour, when a certain product/brand is all the rage and your social standing is influenced by whether you have one. Then, at a potentially arbitrary point in the future, someone decides that that thing is no longer desirable, the rug is pulled out and you are sneered at for still having/liking it.

Reactions: 14
Sali never really grew out of high school behaviour, much as she's keen to point out at every opportunity that she escaped as soon as she could

Reactions: 9
View attachment 182334View attachment 182336

Wonder what Sali's recommending at the moment that she'll disavow in 8 years' time. I do hope it's not something thst costs over a hundred quid this time.

I'll include the screenshots for completeness. There was aldo a competition on SHB to win one.
If the Clarisonic had an adverse effect on your skin it was probably your fault for not using it properly. At the time that is, it seems like nowadays it may have been the product after all.

View attachment 182345View attachment 182346View attachment 182349
Thank you for the receipts on this because I remember the Clarisonic being raved about out on GTL Facebook back on the day. Was thinking “oh it must have been other people or SH herself recommending it”

We may have beefy faces but the memories of elephants

One of my friends is becoming an influencer, I don’t want to unfollow her but it’s hard to like her - everyday she posts photos of herself in items she’s been gifted. She’s very honest & puts gifted clearly but it’s off putting as I know she’s only recommending freebies now.
Yes I have a friend/acquaintance who is clearly trying to make their Instagram “happen” and it is both painful and entertaining to watch.

Not in the same field, to be clear. A different area but the process seems to be the same.

Reactions: 6
This drives me mad. She always drove me mad to be fair.

some unflattering on most people cheaply made but very expensive Whistles dress makes her feel amazing they will buy it because that’s what they want. They just will. She’s an influencer, not a serious journalist.
Something just occurred to me. Is Whistles a male-gaze reference, ie if you wear out clothes, men will whistle at you? Because if it is, that's gross

• Wow
Reactions: 3
It's a very weird 'ageless' effect isn't it (not in a good way). See also Lala Kent (age 29):

Edited down to one as didn't know IG links display so massive!
I think she has replaced one addiction with another. It's such a shame, as she was a very beautiful young woman

I have never forgotten when she said matte lipstick looks less pretty after 30 - because for a time, I believed her and didn’t wear it

View attachment 182360
She (mis)uses "self-awareness" like it's a bad thing

I have never forgotten when she said matte lipstick looks less pretty after 30 - because for a time, I believed her and didn’t wear it

View attachment 182360

View attachment 182360
The 90s were a brilliant decade for me - yes, Sali, there is such a thing as subjectivity - and it definitely wasn't all lipgloss. Matte lips were big too. They were the years of Poppy King

Reactions: 3
I think she has replaced one addiction with another. It's such a shame, as she was a very beautiful young woman

The 90s were a brilliant decade for me - yes, Sali, there is such a thing as subjectivity - and it definitely wasn't all lipgloss. Matte lips were big too. They were the years of Poppy King
That's an excellent point about the 90s. Actually, wasn't there a recent trend of 90s style lipstick, a matte brown shade? She's full of rubbish

Reactions: 4
What she never wore Coffee Shimmer? Not even once? Bollocks.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.