Sali Hughes #18 No valid criticism, just endless speculation about her height and glasses.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve often wondered if buying the latest makeup/skincare has put people into debt. I love it all but I try not buy too much and especially now. Luckily I have hooded eyes 😐 so I’m not interested at all in eyeshadow pallets.
Hooded eyes ftw :m:m:m:m

Reactions: 9
I wasted money on so many palettes (luckily I sold them all on). I really couldn't be arsed blending four different colours. Also what would happen is one shade would get used a lot, you'd hit pan on that and others would be untouched. So wasteful

I do love my Parlux, before that I used to buy a hairdryer once a year as they only ever lasted that long
I’m looking to buy a Parlux, I’ve grown my hair over lock down and it takes ages to dry now. The reviews are consistently good so I’m going in, nowt to do with being influenced I hasten to add.

Reactions: 1
Side tip - if anyone has a dyson (non influenced, allows me to wash hair in winter mornings) they have a new "afro" attachment that is great at blow drying my thick 2c caucasian hair straight

Reactions: 3
Yep, endless variations on matte brown
Yup, we’re trudging through The X-files with the kids (1994 onwards) and it‘s all brown, all the time for Scully. There’s an occasional raspberry which really lights up her face, and is noticeable in its rarity, but otherwise brown and drear....

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I have had a parlux and a dyson and I was influenced on both. I have given the parlux to my mum as it was frying my hair a bit but to be fair, I was probably using it too much. During lockdown I’ve basically only air dryed my hair and it looks better than it ever has so I guess I’m a bleeping idiot.

Im pleased I could never get that enthused about blusher though. I remember some people on the forum had about 50. I have about three and I can’t imagine I’ll ever finish them

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Yup, we’re trudging through The X-files with the kids (1994 onwards) and it‘s all brown, all the time for Scully. There’s an occasional raspberry which really lights up her face, and is noticeable in its rarity, but otherwise brown and drear....
Same with the first few seasons of Friends! Why did we think it looked nice? Another former Heather Shimmer girl here with the occasional foray into Black Cherry.

Imagine trying to be an influencer in the 90s. You wouldn't be able to say much about Anne French cleansing milk or Body Shop Dewberry, it'd all get a bit old after a couple of months!

• Haha
Aapri face scrub, Impulse body spray, Boots natural collection, Body Shop lip balms, Wella shaders and toners, So, exclamation! I'd love to have been an influencer in the 90s 😁

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
I met Bradley back in my cabin crew days. He was an absolute gentleman, really lovely, so I don't know what the poor man has done to deserve this, but could someone please warn him so that he can flee the country?!

Screenshot_20200716_003220.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I wasted money on so many palettes (luckily I sold them all on). I really couldn't be arsed blending four different colours. Also what would happen is one shade would get used a lot, you'd hit pan on that and others would be untouched. So wasteful
I've wasted so much money on so many palettes. I honestly don't see myself ever buying eyeshadow again. I have more than enough to get me through this life, and the next. And guess what? Despite what I was told & sold, they're all the bloody same!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I've wasted so much money on so many palettes. I honestly don't see myself ever buying eyeshadow again. I have more than enough to get me through this life, and the next. And guess what? Despite what I was told & sold, they're all the bloody same!
Yep same! I'm very unlikely to every but another, especially as they really irritate my eyes. Make up free eyes for me!

In the 90s I was fully committed to amethyst shimmer (even my eyes could see that heather shimmer made me look dead) and black cherry!

Reactions: 2
There has *got* to be a backlash coming soon against excessive drag queen makeup. The minimalist aesthetic of the 90s was a reaction to the OTT 80s, so surely we must be due a swing in this direction. Although with Insta culture I'm not sure, everyone seems to be doing hair and makeup as though they're about to be photographed under harsh studio lights. Is it here to stay? 🤡 #clownface

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Aapri face scrub, Impulse body spray, Boots natural collection, Body Shop lip balms, Wella shaders and toners, So, exclamation! I'd love to have been an influencer in the 90s 😁
These weren't big 90s beauty trends. They are classic teen trends; all these were around when I was at school in the 80s. I was 20 in 1990. By the mid 90s there were lots of new and makeup artist led brands entering the UK market. The first Space NK opened in Neal's Yard too. In the mid 90s I would stay with my friends in London and go to the first Space NK where there were lots of free samples. The cult scent there was Antonia's Flowers. I went to the first Mac counter in Harrods to buy Russian Red, Viva Glam, Twig lipstick and Spice lipliner ( the latter two on repeat). Bobbi Brown opened in Harvey Nichols where I bought the eyeshadows in Bone and Taupe and my all time favourite (discontinued) lipstick in Ruby Stain. I remember buying Nars and Laura Mercier in Space NK too. Popular mass market scents were CK1 , CKBe and EL Pleasures. Allure magazine was available in the UK from 1991 so there was much more knowledge about US brands. Carmex was launched in the early 90s here too - that was on my "Must Have " list after reading Allure.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
These weren't big 90s beauty trends. They are classic teen trends; all these were around when I was at school in the 80s. I was 20 in 1990. By the mid 90s there were lots of new and makeup artist led brands entering the UK market. The first Space NK opened in Neal's Yard too. In the mid 90s I would stay with my friends in London and go to the first Space NK where there were lots of free samples. The cult scent there was Antonia's Flowers. I went to the first Mac counter in Harrods to buy Russian Red, Viva Glam, Twig lipstick and Spice lipliner ( the latter two on repeat). Bobbi Brown opened in Harvey Nichols where I bought the eyeshadows in Bone and Taupe and my all time favourite (discontinued) lipstick in Ruby Stain. I remember buying Nars and Laura Mercier in Space NK too. Popular mass market scents were CK1 , CKBe and EL Pleasures. Allure magazine was available in the UK from 1991 so there was much more knowledge about US brands. Carmex was launched in the early 90s here too - that was on my "Must Have " list after reading Allure.
I was a teenager in the 90s so my budget didn't stretch to Mac or Nars but I do remember CK One! Other 90s perfumes I loved were Cerruti 1881 and Tommy Girl

Reactions: 7
Guardian Weekend section closing - No more Sali? Or Hadley Freeman?

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I agree. For me the 90s were about Hard Candy nail polishes, MAC spice lipliner, Aveda, pilgrimages to SpaceNK in London (I was too shy to actually enter the first time so just gawped through the window). The fact that I couldn’t afford any of it was beside the point. I’m struggling to remember what I did actually use... Boots No 17 definitely.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.