Sali Hughes #18 No valid criticism, just endless speculation about her height and glasses.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
bleeping hell! She never shut up about the sodding Clarisonic! If people broke out it was just a purge and they should keep using it. Unbelievable.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Slightly OT but yes to the horror at ever-younger women getting fillers and botox. Looking at Amber Heard heading into court this week, she's got that very strange puffy "done" look already and she's only 34! She's reached that stage where it's hard to tell if someone is 30 or 40 or 50 because they all look the same:cry:
It's a very weird 'ageless' effect isn't it (not in a good way). See also Lala Kent (age 29):

Edited down to one as didn't know IG links display so massive!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
I have never forgotten when she said matte lipstick looks less pretty after 30 - because for a time, I believed her and didn’t wear it

19C0E017-C9D2-43A0-880F-115560018BB4.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Over 30? I'm sorry but the 30s is still so youthful. It's not like one turns 30 and instantly ages. I can't believe the nonsense she spoke and that I couldn't see it

Reactions: 21
I would be delighted to look like the women in the Robert Palmer video. She’s such a twit.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Anyway, the idea that there's one size fits all is nonsense. She is disdainful of the Robert Palmer video look in that column posted above but some people can pull that off. For someone who claims to loathe rules she sure has a lot

I remember on the forum everyone was talking about Tom Ford platinum eyeshadow (including Sali herself). I got it and it honestly made me look ill. I was told that no that's not possible as it suits everyone and it's probably just that I'm not used to the colour

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I'm pretty resentful about how Sali / Guardian pushed those brushes. I bought the clinique version for my acne and the matching soap, and now trying to cover the broken capillaries (I'm only late twenties)

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
I’m very uncomfortable with a private individual (details from a membership-only forum) being discussed like this.
The individual isn't named or identifiable in any way. I don't see why we can't discuss the dark side of the influencer culture and the complete mishandling of the mods in relation to the issue.

I do take your point though and can ask the mods here to remove my posts if people think I should

Reactions: 4
That was the thing about the forum, if I ever felt like I had excessive amounts, I'd log on and realise that I was tame compared to many
It’s like watching Hoarders, and realising that your house is just a little bit untidy 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I'm pretty resentful about how Sali / Guardian pushed those brushes. I bought the clinique version for my acne and the matching soap, and now trying to cover the broken capillaries (I'm only late twenties)
I'm ashamed to say I bought the flipping Clarisonic Aria because she recommended it, and so did my friend. I haven't used it in literally years.

• Sad
God you have all reminded me of why I bought a clarisonic and a parlux!
What a fool. At least the clarisonic was good for my skin (it gave up after a few years) and the Parlux still going, but no different to any other hair dryer I have had. Wow i really did follow her column religiously 8 years or so ago :cautious:

Reactions: 3
I do love my Parlux, before that I used to buy a hairdryer once a year as they only ever lasted that long

The individual isn't named or identifiable in any way. I don't see why we can't discuss the dark side of the influencer culture and the complete mishandling of the mods in relation to the issue.

I do take your point though and can ask the mods here to remove my posts if people think I should
Same here.

God you have all reminded me of why I bought a clarisonic and a parlux!
What a fool. At least the clarisonic was good for my skin (it gave up after a few years) and the Parlux still going, but no different to any other hair dryer I have had. Wow i really did follow her column religiously 8 years or so ago :cautious:
My hairdresser told me not to use Parlux as it was too hot and would fry my hair.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I have switched to a Dyson since though, it was a birthday present a few years back (so not a Sali influenced buy). I keep the Parlux at my boyfriends place

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.