Sali Hughes #16 The sell-out who couldn't sell out, and that is a legal fact.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My beefy face couldn't tolerate retinol at all. I tried Pestle an Mortar retinol oil and my face looked crumpled like a five week old apple at the bottom of the fruit bowl. Not exactly a youthful look. After a little while the oil went off and smelled vile (despite all the vitamin a in there ...) so I just stopped. Another expensive mistake. Now I'm tempted to try one of the recommendations on here.
Brilliant description, I know exactly what you mean! 😂😂😂

Reactions: 1
Doesn’t it burn? If my face isn’t totally dry, it burrrns when I apply retinol.
There are some videos online about how to gently get used to retinol. Apparently the effects are delayed over a few days, so people can think their skin can take it and use it everyday then they shed like a snake on day 4. Some suggest working up from low potency, or buffering with moisturiser, or applying and then washing off shortly after (like exposure therapy) increasing wait times, or every third day to start with

Reactions: 1
On twitter Sali and a blue ticker called Robyn Wilder commiserating on how horrible and hateful Tattle are.
Robyn Wilder is a good friend of Susie Villiers. Susie Villiers (who incidentally is Greg Rutherford's wife) is an influencer and has had numerous horrific racist tweets just shown on her thread here on Tattle Life (because she was talking about BLM and it seemed utterly hypocritical). The tweets amongst many included comments that: black people can't ski, Indian accents made her want to chop her ears off, Romanian women are hairy perverts.
Robyn Wilder has defended Susie Villiers after she 'apologized' and has blamed Tattle. Sali has weighed in with how horrible Tattle is. Seriously?

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
There are some videos online about how to gently get used to retinol. Apparently the effects are delayed over a few days, so people can think their skin can take it and use it everyday then they shed like a snake on day 4. Some suggest working up from low potency, or buffering with moisturiser, or applying and then washing off shortly after (like exposure therapy) increasing wait times, or every third day to start with
There's definitely a lag of two or three days for the peeling. I've made that rookie mistake several times

On twitter Sali and a blue ticker called Robyn Wilder commiserating on how horrible and hateful Tattle are.
Robyn Wilder is a good friend of Susie Villiers. Susie Villiers (who incidentally is Greg Rutherford's wife) is an influencer and has had numerous horrific racist tweets just shown on her thread here on Tattle Life (because she was talking about BLM and it seemed utterly hypocritical). The tweets amongst many included comments that: black people can't ski, Indian accents made her want to chop her ears off, Romanian women are hairy perverts.
Robyn Wilder has defended Susie Villiers after she 'apologized' and has blamed Tattle. Sali has weighed in with how horrible Tattle is. Seriously?
I don't know who any of those people are, but Robyn Wilder seems relatable and funny. Sali must search for tattler mentions on the reg

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I don't know who any of those people are, but Robyn Wilder seems relatable and funny. Sali must search for tattler mentions on the reg
I don't know of RW at all either tbh. It really was just that any anger directed against Tattle in this case was misguided if it is in defence (as it seemed to be) of Susie Verrill and those tweets.
And oh yes I think probably Sali (or her friend) is always on red alert for TL mentions.

RW is another guardianista along with her husband Stuart Heritage. She has reinvented herself as a parenting expert with humour.

Reactions: 2
Perhaps I missed some tweets. The ones I saw she seemed to be blowing it off

I follow Robyn and Susie - have done for a long time and it seems as though Susie has made some massive errors regarding racist language and stereotypes in fairly recent history (talking a few years ago).
Someone contacted her on twitter privately to raise it with her and susie ‘owned’ up to it and apologised publicly for her behaviour.
Robyn is standing by her.

It looks very hypocritical given she berated Clemmie Hooper.

Robyn also used to do a column for the pool.

The impression I got from her insta wasn’t anything tattle related.

RW is another guardianista along with her husband Stuart Heritage. She has reinvented herself as a parenting expert with humour.
Oh great. The world definitely needs more "humorous" parenting experts. Lt me guess, she mentions "wine o-clock" and being the scruffiest mum in the playground.

Florals, for Spring? How original.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Marilyn Monroe always wore a bra to bed - maybe she thinks it smacks of old Hollywood Glamour to do it?

I rip my bra off the minute I get through the door. Even the most comfortable bra is much less comfortable than free boobs.

Reactions: 7
Oh great. The world definitely needs more "humorous" parenting experts. Lt me guess, she mentions "wine o-clock" and being the scruffiest mum in the playground.

Florals, for Spring? How original.
Fwiw, I've been aware of Robyn's writing for nearly a decade (way before she was a parent) and she's not like this AT ALL. I didn't read The Pool but follow her on twitter and have read stuff she's written elsewhere - she seems lovely, and she's written very honestly about health issues she's experienced and on at least one occasion about her difficult relationship with her mother due to her mum's mental health issues, the total antithesis of Sali. She was owed a lot of money when The Pool went under, to the point where it seriously affected her livelihood - her husband went batshit on twitter over it at the time. I'm surprised she's sticking up for a racist (I don't know who this Susie is) but I'm not going to question a POC's judgement when it comes to whether this person's apology and further actions were genuine and sufficient.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I had a look at the Susie Verrill thread and found a good comment (from @Pommes):

'Tattle completely calls out these ‘influencers’ and holds them to account. We are essentially their shadow cabinet. (Clearly been watching too much PMQs).'

In the strange world of online influencing Tattle does seem to be the nearest there is to HM's Loyal Opposition.

I wouldn't defend everything on Tattle but I dare say SH wouldn't defend everything on Instagram.

Reactions: 10
Sali must literally just troll (pun intended) around Twitter and IG looking for mentions of Tattle so she can insert herself into the conversation. Regardless of what the conversation is or who it is with. She also did it not too long ago didn’t she with some other influencer type who normally Sali would cross the road to avoid.

nice to see her BB detour on to the NHS bandwagon got her a mention in Vogue. I wonder if she will get the MBE/OBE she craves. I know the accepted nominees have been contacted for the birthday honours this year.

9F134649-3E2D-4100-92EB-CA195722AEDA.jpeg

• Sick
nice to see her BB detour on to the NHS bandwagon got her a mention in Vogue. I wonder if she will get the MBE/OBE she craves. I know the accepted nominees have been contacted for the birthday honours this year.
All the best people - David Bowie, Alan Bennett, Nigella Lawson - decline honours.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
All the best people - David Bowie, Alan Bennett, Nigella Lawson - decline honours.
absolutely. Not even the remotest chance she would decline. Would turn up at the opening of an envelope if it got her a mention.

• Haha
Fwiw, I've been aware of Robyn's writing for nearly a decade (way before she was a parent) and she's not like this AT ALL. I didn't read The Pool but follow her on twitter and have read stuff she's written elsewhere - she seems lovely, and she's written very honestly about health issues she's experienced and on at least one occasion about her difficult relationship with her mother due to her mum's mental health issues, the total antithesis of Sali. She was owed a lot of money when The Pool went under, to the point where it seriously affected her livelihood - her husband went batshit on twitter over it at the time. I'm surprised she's sticking up for a racist (I don't know who this Susie is) but I'm not going to question a POC's judgement when it comes to whether this person's apology and further actions were genuine and sufficient.
It’s worth reading some of Susie’s tweets and having a look at the thread here.

Robyn may be a good person who writes well and was treated badly by The Pool when they went under. But I don’t understand why she is not calling Susie out for the things she has said. It’s not just racist tweets about POC, but also some fatphobic and ableist tweets. Properly vile stuff all round.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.