Sali Hughes #15 Ugg slipper, a red lip, when dressing for Leonard don't let standards slip

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hairdressers will prob come out of this okish? Assuming they are furloughed / can show taxes for self employment. They'll be 80% now, but will be in 2x demand for once this is over, and the overtime/tips will more than make up for a 20% drop.

*apart from the apprentices

Reactions: 4
Lots of complaints were received because he said that home dyes are made of the same stuff as salon dyes.
What? The man said the emperor is naked and the emperor is not amused?

Certainly there is a difference between brands, ingredients, like with anything, but it is, as you've said, a matter of skill, training and talent. Peroxide is peroxide regardless of the brand.

Reactions: 8
Just in case anyone missed today’s Hershesons promo, there’s a double down in the Insta comments... 🥱

653CAB69-B495-4366-B9A8-00EDE45ABFDA.jpeg

E82A4181-CC0A-4215-BC5A-6D40F32B6B0E.jpeg

#nailedit #diggingdeep #FFS

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
Am I missing something? I get doing lots of catwalks jetlagged is tiring - but she just needed to be still for 2 seconds at a time and that's 'digging deep'?
Perhaps we should clap for Sali on a Thursday evening. Such bravery. The like of which we have never seen before or since.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I’m aware of someone who is a hospital patient at the moment. The nurses have asked that hair conditioner is brought into the hospital for them. It got me thinking about the whole beauty banks thing. NHS workers genuinely deserve the moon on a stick right now, although what they probably want is adequate pay, enough PPE and tolerable work conditions rather than a bottle of bath oil. But... shouldn’t this whole beauty banks thing be aimed at patients? Most people end up in hospital pretty suddenly. Most hospitals do have a mechanism that their belongings can be taken to them despite no hospital visitors (though it’s tricky if you’re still working full time to actually get the stuff there). Enter beauty banks and enough luxury products to make people in hospital feel a bit more human. I can’t imagine how scary it must be faced with nurses and Drs with heavy levels of PPE on all around you, far less if you’re unwell enough to actually be in hospital.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
We really should be honouring her for her service, never mind all the keyworkers. Let's clap for Sali!

Also, I dislike her use of 'product' as singular.
EVERYTHING is singular with Sali. "A red lip, a leopard boot, a pink tight, an Ugg slipper" etc.
I remember asking on a previous thread if perhaps we should call her Sali Hugh. Singular.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Just in case anyone missed today’s Hershesons promo, there’s a double down in the Insta comments... 🥱

View attachment 121639
View attachment 121640

#nailedit #diggingdeep #FFS
It is nice Sali has such a good and friendly relationship with her hairdresser, but does this not further make her realise the regular promotions for his business by her in a national publication *could* be seen as a conflict of interest?
Especially she gets the treatments for free #presstreatment.

Reactions: 14
4 pages too late but... ugh grl pwr gang. also why are they not 'grl pwr gng'? inconsistent (ncnsstnt)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Sali's latest Guardian column -

There are some 42,000 hair salons in the UK and at the time of writing, every one is closed. I miss them dreadfully – the roar of competing dryers, the fug of lacquer, the happy chatter between trusted stylist and loyal client – but nothing like as much as salons miss their livelihoods.
Now we all miss our hairdressers, but I suspect I'd miss them more if I wasn't paying either?

Reactions: 13
There has been some interesting pieces on the food donations over the past few days - I can imagine it’s the same for beauty related donations.

Reactions: 10
Oh sorry this was reported as in the wrong forum.

Infuencers is the everyone else forum as everyone is an infuencer. It's super busy and threads are put there if they don't fall into any other category.

As she's beauty gurus does seem the best place, it's very much "gurus 🙄😆"

We're forever trying to move people out of there so don't really want to add to it, hope that makes sense.

Reactions: 7
The more I think about her claiming that hairdressers (or the service industry, to be exact) are particularly impacted, the more I wonder how out of touch she is.

Yes, hairdressers are struggling at the moment, as so many of us are, but ultimately when they’re able to reopen (assuming they are in a position to) they’re in a good position to bounce back.

When this is all over, it’s very likely that whole sections of the arts will never be the same again, some airlines will no longer exist, and as we emerge out of this into a recession we’ll likely lose a huge amount of the high street. And all of this will take people’s jobs with it, as well as impacting our day to day lives.

Obviously we should feel for hairdressers and do what we can to support any small businesses struggling at the moment, but what universe are you living in to single them out as taking the biggest economic hit?

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.