Sali Hughes #14 Went to the pub during a pandemic, for real! Never mind, feel as you feel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder if she’s been influenced by the success of the Hirons beauty boxes, fancies getting in on the action.
probably. She is always so slow to the trend isn’t she. She was way behind embracing IG videos (and has never actually mastered them) and now she has 🤑 over schilling a beauty box.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I thought the language was interesting - about how SH helps 'her community navigate all of the industry noise...'. Her community. Is this the new, public-spirited, we're-all-in-this-together, way of referring to followers?
By 'industry noise' does she mean all the other yapping influencers, or just any beauty publicity?

SH (and she must be grinding her teeth at it) never quite hits the beat. Hirons presents a positive 'these are the products I love' (I mean, we know it's all horseshit and is just who will pay her for the privilege but whevs). SH goes for a negative 'you will not be able to cope without my help'. Hirons goes in up to her neck superschilling and gets in quick before her moment might pass, so is already onto her second box. SH tries to hang on to 'integrity' (whatever that means as an influencer) and with spectacular timing, her box launches just as thousands are losing their jobs. CH sticks to skincare and lip balms and her only objective is to pack as many expensive products on your skin as possible. SH casts her negative net wide and curates a judgemental aesthetic (spendy treats, red lips = good. Lipgloss, facial wash etc = bad) thereby limiting herself to only those followers who are 'mean girl cool enough'. The rest of us are mental, beef faced trolls.

I note it's only a waitlist at the moment...wondering if they'll see what the take up is. And no idea what rubbish will be in it yet...

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I’m actually dumbfounded that something like this is being touted right now. Talk about tone deaf, or do these people really just live in their bubble and not give a tit what’s going on in the world around them???

By 'industry noise' does she mean all the other yapping influencers, or just any beauty publicity?

SH (and she must be grinding her teeth at it) never quite hits the beat. Hirons presents a positive 'these are the products I love' (I mean, we know it's all horseshit and is just who will pay her for the privilege but whevs). SH goes for a negative 'you will not be able to cope without my help'. Hirons goes in up to her neck superschilling and gets in quick before her moment might pass, so is already onto her second box. SH tries to hang on to 'integrity' (whatever that means as an influencer) and with spectacular timing, her box launches just as thousands are losing their jobs. CH sticks to skincare and lip balms and her only objective is to pack as many expensive products on your skin as possible. SH casts her negative net wide and curates a judgemental aesthetic (spendy treats, red lips = good. Lipgloss, facial wash etc = bad) thereby limiting herself to only those followers who are 'mean girl cool enough'. The rest of us are mental, beef faced trolls.

I note it's only a waitlist at the moment...wondering if they'll see what the take up is. And no idea what rubbish will be in it yet...
I take your point about the waitlist thing. Hopefully hardly anyone signs up - is there any indication as to price, or contents?

• Heart
I reckon the beauty box is a move to secure more regular income in uncertain times where revenue from other promotional work she may have relied on in the past has all but dried up. Nothing wrong with any of this, but call a spade a spade! She is firmly in influencer territory now.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I really do not understand the appeal of a 'curated' beauty box

curated for who exactly? Just those with more money than sense?

Reactions: 11
I’m dying to see what’s in it, I must say. With Hirons you can often guess 50% of it, but I’ve got nothing for this one.

Reactions: 3
That’s it, at least with the CH ones you’re given a heads up what’s in them, so anyone signing up has a good idea what they’re getting into. It seems bizarre to go on a waitlist to buy an expensive beauty box (let’s face it, it’s not going to be buttons) without having any clue of what’s inside...

Reactions: 3
I might be the only one, but I can totally live without beauty boxed. I’ve dabbled in couple of subscription ones and have bought or been given a few as presents. They’ve always been a bit of a disappointment to be honest.
Maybe more suitable for someone who has ‘easy’ skin and likes to be surprised. I got given a super swanky one for my bday by a lovely friend and it was full of organic essential oil-based skincare- my skin is sensitive to fragrant essential oils. The only thing I could use from it was the lip balm. :sleep:

Reactions: 2
@Jaeme thats why I’m so intrigued. These things are not cheap. Maybe- maybe- the price will include a charitable donation, but I suspect not.

Reactions: 1
I'm still on GTL (completely forgot I was until I started getting notifications again last year. I have NO idea how they still haven't rumbled me because I don't post anything and just nose on there)

Anyhow, cult beauty and her 'curated box' (snigger 😂) has been mentioned and her sheep are wetting themselves over it.
It would seem that there really is one born every minute :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Omg the timing is completely terrible.
And I just don't get the interest in a curated box - why not just buy the stuff you need when you need it? Or am I missing something?
I suppose the transition to influencer is now complete.
For sheep who can't think for themselves! Sorry, I mean Salinistas

• Haha
They think they’re buying a bit of her glitter. (Oh, actually, prediction! There will be an Hourglass glitter eyeshadow in the box. They are gorgeous, sorry.)

Usually the cost of the box is less than the combined cost of the contents, so you could theoretically save money if you were going to buy all of the products separately. I don’t know though. I’m lucky not to have lost my job or been furloughed so far, and I still can’t imagine spending (what will be at a guess) £230+ on anything right now.

Reactions: 1
Agree with @rosemarina 100%. I feel very lucky to still have my job but am being super cautious about spending. No one knows how this situation will pan out. No one knows how bad the financial fall out will be. Who in their right mind, other than the super wealthy, would consider spending so much on a beauty box?

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.