Sali Hughes #14 Went to the pub during a pandemic, for real! Never mind, feel as you feel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Omg that is brilliant. Didn't she say the reductive twit is the one who buys the present? Bit rude about India.
Yes! I realises this when I reread her tweet after posting. Oh, well, as you say it works for India too.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I thought Ugg boots were passé. Filed under ‘bad shoe choices’ somewhere near crocs. I mean. Don’t get me wrong, I have a pair of Ugg boots and a pair of crocs (excellent gardening shoes. Ugly as sin but super comfy. Do not @ me, etc.) so it’s not my actual opinion, but it’s the more commonly held view amongst the ‘cool kids’.
Me, I love an Ugg boot. Had mine for YEARS.
I *think* a croc was designed to be quite functional wasn't it? For sailing as it has good grip and is light, yet water can drain through it. I've never got on with an ugg type boot, other than as a slipper, as I find the extremely flat sole quite painful. I remember so well the sound of the Ugg shuffle as so many girls shuffled along the street in it.
(duck it's tiring writing things that are a natural plural in the singular).

Reactions: 2
I *think* a croc was designed to be quite functional wasn't it? For sailing as it has good grip and is light, yet water can drain through it. I've never got on with an ugg type boot, other than as a slipper, as I find the extremely flat sole quite painful. I remember so well the sound of the Ugg shuffle as so many girls shuffled along the street in it.
(duck it's tiring writing things that are a natural plural in the singular).
I think you’re right about the croc. Hospital workers like them too I think? My first pair were fake crocs bought in Canada, and I wore the for a summer working in a kitchen on my feet all day. So comfortable!

Reactions: 1
As my crumpets were toasting I thought... I bet Sali is neutral about marmite.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
This was on an Insta story of alifetostyle this morning (Belfast based blogger, has written some really interesting stuff about blogging with children & work lost because she won’t feature them, the all pervasive influencer marketing model, refusing to a link during the current crisis but featuring lots of local businesses trying to sell online etc.
Altogether “good people”, etc )

Tempted to message her and say “don’t bother” and send her here...

Attachments

Reactions: 15
This was on an Insta story of alifetostyle this morning (Belfast based blogger, has written some really interesting stuff about blogging with children & work lost because she won’t feature them, the all pervasive influencer marketing model, refusing to a link during the current crisis but featuring lots of local businesses trying to sell online etc.
Altogether “good people”, etc )

Tempted to message her and say “don’t bother” and send her here...
That is so interesting - well spotted!
Maybe Sali turned her nose up at influencers back then, before she became one herself.

Reactions: 5
Omg that is brilliant. Didn't she say the reductive twit is the one who buys the present? Bit rude about India.

And let us never forget 'Lipstick, Literature, Liberalism'
Don't! I almost bought one. I cringe for two years ago me

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I saw this on her Instagram this morning - she's actually being nice for once at someone offering help. Screenshot_20200429-085634.png
Screenshot_20200429-085634.png

Screenshot_20200429-085634.png

Reactions: 3
So she's doing a beauty box. In this climate? Unless all the profits are going to beauty banks, I really don't see how now is the time.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
My heart just goes out to anyone at home with little ones - especially if they're trying to work as well. I'm on my own with one good natured teenager but I well remember how tough it can be.

My heart definitely does not go out to well off, pampered influencers who can afford the treats which makes lockdown a bit more bearable.

Reactions: 6
So she's doing a beauty box. In this climate? Unless all the profits are going to beauty banks, I really don't see how now is the time.
Although I saw something about a collaboration with an online beauty retailer, I wouldn't have known from the blurb that it was a beauty box - which of course it must be.

I thought the language was interesting - about how SH helps 'her community navigate all of the industry noise...'. Her community. Is this the new, public-spirited, we're-all-in-this-together, way of referring to followers?

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
I wonder if she’s been influenced by the success of the Hirons beauty boxes, fancies getting in on the action.

Reactions: 5
Although I saw something about a collaboration with an online beauty retailer, I wouldn't have known from the blurb that it was a beauty box - which of course it must be.

I thought the language was interesting - about how SH helps 'her community navigate all of the industry noise...'. Her community. Is this the new, public-spirited, we're-all-in-this-together, way of referring to followers?
To be fair, I made an assumption it was a beauty box. Probably completely wrong.

Reactions: 2
The community mention will be because of her success with building a Facebook group and then a forum. I was part of that community and really valued it, and now my unease comes from feeling like my contributions to it are now being unethically monetised and I question her transparency in the past.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.