Sali Hughes #14 Went to the pub during a pandemic, for real! Never mind, feel as you feel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That is interesting. An impartial observation from someone. Quite telling I suppose that interest here in Sali is lacklustre these days - which I'm sure she should be happy about.

A bit of a bold worrying claim too, to suggest people will commit suicide directly because of here. I (and I'm sure others here have too) have had a horrible experience of this close hand. It is a complex and desperate thing. Not sure where I'm going with this, but it is not language that should be bandied about lightly.
She calls people 'mental' and such and now suddenly she's worried about mental health issues?
(And why does she keep promoting this place...)

• Angry
Reactions: 10
Influencers are now officially offering their services to the NHS frontline. Sali is now on call...

8BFF6771-54FF-46CB-89D6-7E7E038D0109.png

26E83400-F6CB-4F45-92CA-844DECDD6181.jpeg

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
Morale boost? I’m sure most NHS workers just want adequate PPE and a rest from work. Is anyone really arsed about skincare/make-up at the minute?

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Just f*ck the f*ck off, influencers

Stop making everything about you

Although the comments on her IG are favourable and people have booked appointments

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Although the comments on her IG are favourable and people have booked appointments
What is anyone really going to say in these consultations? Wear moisturiser! Have you got sunscreen? Apply body lotion! Do you use an acid peel?! What about a spendy treat! Wear a red lip!

FFS...the beauty industry is patronising and infantilising at the best of times, but this takes the cake. Do grown women really need this?

Reactions: 21
If my significant other was a Tory voter - and I'd written about it for The Pool - then I'd also want to offer what I could to NHS workers who've been fucked over my the Tories the last 10 years. But I think it's pretty patronising to nhs staff to be honest. Not deep research, not libel, just my opinion. Also, did EL give to Beauty Banks before the NHS pivot? Or were poor, homeless people not glamorous enough? Again, just a hypothetical question.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Are you bleeping kidding me? Have I travelled back in time to April 1st?

The last thing I want after a day at work of trying to support seriously mentally unwell people is make up advice by smug people who haven’t got the faintest clue about actual life.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Influencers are now officially offering their services to the NHS frontline. Sali is now on call...

View attachment 114160
View attachment 114159
Yes come on NHS workers - you may be facing death, fear and misery on a daily basis but that is no excuse to let standards slip. You may want to just go home and cry or have some wine in the bath but instead use your valuable time to brush up on your makeup skills and skincare routine.
Brilliant (y)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I just can't help thinking this initiative, though I'm sure is meant well, is like something from the 1950s. Appearance for women is everything.
I genuinely can't quite put my finger on exactly what it is that makes me a bit uneasy.

Last edited:
Reactions: 20
I’m a cynic too, it’s all about the cosmetic industry and the influencers role in supporting that industry and keeping themselves relevant.

Reactions: 16
I just can't help thinking this initiative, though I'm sure is meant well, is like something from the 1950s. Appearance for women is everything.
I genuinely can't quite put my finger on exactly what it is that makes me a bit uneasy.
Same. It’s like it’s reminding women not to let all this slip, even now.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.