Sali Hughes #14 Went to the pub during a pandemic, for real! Never mind, feel as you feel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t agree about the supermarket deliveries. They already prioritise the vulnerable when allocating slots, so I don’t have an issue with anybody getting their groceries delivered. A lot of people in city centres don’t have a reasonably-sized supermarket near them, for one thing. Also, I think it’s understandable to be scared or wary of going into one even if you do.
Many people who are not on the government’s ‘extremely vulnerable’ list, but who still need to be self-isolating due to age or illness, are finding it very hard or impossible to get deliveries.

Reactions: 2
Screenshot_20200419-181025_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20200419-181313_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200419-181617_Gallery.jpg

Oldies but goodies. I wonder if SH's thinking has evolved since then. Those comments were post Leveson and I found them astonishing at the time which is why I remembered them.

I don't really care about hypocrisy, we're all hypocrites in some way or another. It's the arrogance of rather mediocre thinkers setting themselves up as moral arbiters and guides to modern life and thinking themselves superior.

The certainty with which SH imbues her every statement whether it's about an acid toner or the guilt of Christopher Jefferies is one of the things that realy grates for me.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Many people who are not on the government’s ‘extremely vulnerable’ list, but who still need to be self-isolating due to age or illness, are finding it very hard or impossible to get deliveries.
They are, but in many of those cases, you or me holding back from booking a slot wouldn’t actually help anyway. I think they should widen the definition of vulnerable to capture those people if needed, and extend the priority slots to them. I live in an urban area where the local Co-op is closed indefinitely, as is the corner shop. I have nowhere else to buy groceries without walking a couple of miles each way, presumably wearing a rucksack to carry everything. It is possible, for sure, but there’s a reason I shop online in the first place. I have no idea what Sali’s personal circs are (deep research notwithstanding 💅), but if she’s always shopped online as I have, I get it and don’t see an issue with it.

Those tweets have NOT aged well, good grief.

View attachment 112718View attachment 112719View attachment 112720

Oldies but goodies. I wonder if SH's thinking has evolved since then. Those comments were post Leveson and I found them astonishing at the time which is why I remembered them.

I don't really care about hypocrisy, we're all hypocrites in some way or another. It's the arrogance of rather mediocre thinkers setting themselves up as moral arbiters and guides to modern life and thinking themselves superior.

The certainty with which SH imbues her every statement whether it's about an acid toner or the guilt of Christopher Jefferies is one of the things that realy grates for me.
Oh dear. So does writing about all those things she cites for The Pool and elsewhere mean she should acknowledge she has sold her private life by her own criteria? I imagine The Pool paid her for those think pieces. She chose to write about her sex life. I can't imagine anybody here would chose to speculate about it otherwise. She seems to have a problem with people remembering stuff she wrote. Remembering things = trolling.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
She also mentioned the maintenance shag on some podcast a couple of years ago. This one.

3BD01D65-AEF6-4F4B-972C-AC1D67301EA6.jpeg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Is it just me or does maintenance shag suggest that sex is just something women do to keep man happy? Lie back and think of England for the sake of your relationship? Such an outdated way of thinking

Reactions: 14
I don’t think it’s about just submitting to it, just more like making the effort to have some time alone together when you’re not just parents, or whatever. Anyway, I assume she is rueing the day now, because that phrase will probably find its way into her flipping obituary*.

(*Not a death threat, just an expression. Chill your tits, Hughes, as Hirons would say.)

• Haha
Reactions: 6
so the impartial observer just got the whole Sali liefest thrown at her.
Never misses an opportunity. And you're so right about the list

These things were merely touched upon, and then only in relation to STUFF THAT SHE HAD WRITTEN PUBLICLY ABOUT. God it makes me mad, her spin

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Ahahaha these are so funny. She writes extensively about her sex life. We comment on what she has written about her sex life. Yet she sees that as us delving into her sex life. Can she really really not see she did this to herself?

• Sad
Reactions: 13
I don’t think it’s about just submitting to it, just more like making the effort to have some time alone together when you’re not just parents, or whatever. Anyway, I assume she is rueing the day now, because that phrase will probably find its way into her flipping obituary*.

(*Not a death threat, just an expression. Chill your tits, Hughes, as Hirons would say.)
Actually I don’t imagine CH would give a flying f what people say on here or wherever about her.

She really is laughable😁.

She can write about anything and anyone but if anyone else writes or comments about those articles or her comments in a less than favourable light .... we’re trolls ???

Okay then Sali🤔🤔

Reactions: 6
She really is laughable😁.

She can write about anything and anyone but if anyone else writes or comments about those articles or her comments in a less than favourable light .... we’re trolls ???

Okay then Sali🤔🤔
Yup that seems to be it really.
That apparently is 'deep research'.

Oh my god, she’s OBSESSED with this place! Grateful to her really, I hadn’t even heard of TL until she kicked off. And I didn’t know what an awful time Dawn O’Porter had had of it until I saw the tweets on here, so again, thanks Sali

Reactions: 12
Remember when Sali's husband posted a picture of their wedding and there were a few "cor you're punching mate" type comments. She then replied to them going on about how great a shag he was.

Also, the tattle "response" about Giles Coren? One poster made a joke about Giles being more fanciable, it's not like there was a conference to agree the official Tattle line on the subject. Several other posters also said her husband was handsome

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.