Sali Hughes #14 Went to the pub during a pandemic, for real! Never mind, feel as you feel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s really commendable that they can pull in enough supplies to help the frontline workers in all hospitals, she cannot be criticised for that.

Is that what she’s saying, all hospitals?
all striving to be the Vera Lynne of coronavirus
😂

I think she is trying to suggest that BB are supplying every single hospital, but I thought BB was to alleviate hygiene poverty? Frontline nhs workers don't fall into that category (and atm big brands are falling over themselves to donate things for the good PR) but they certainly are (currently) more glamorous recipents than homeless people or foodbanks.

Reactions: 8
😂

I think she is trying to suggest that BB are supplying every single hospital, but I thought BB was to alleviate hygiene poverty? Frontline nhs workers don't fall into that category (and atm big brands are falling over themselves to donate things for the good PR) but they certainly are (currently) more glamorous recipents than homeless people or foodbanks.
Anyone would think she was trying to be the heroine the country needs right now. *cough* OBE

• Haha
Reactions: 12
😂

That is interesting - have they addressed anywhere the change of tack? Are they still providing stuff to refuges for example?

Reactions: 4
Anyone would think she was trying to be the heroine the country needs right now. *cough* OBE
I said upthread that it’s commendable work Beauty Banks are doing but the cynic in me feels Sali has nothing to currently flog so is using ‘my charity’ to stay relevant and attract the attention of the award givers when this crisis is over.

Reactions: 13
I imagine she'll be at the top of every list. It's hard to find examples of anyone doing anything more useful and brave, putting their life on the line.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Domestic violence is through the roof and women’s refuges are on their knees due to lost charity income and staff becoming ill - I hope they haven’t been forgotten about.

Reactions: 11
Domestic violence is through the roof and women’s refuges are on their knees due to lost charity income and staff becoming ill - I hope they haven’t been forgotten about.
Yes - please give money though, not (old) toiletries. Deciding that desperate people can have their lives turned around by a multipack of hand cream or a 'red lip' is overstating the importance of the beauty industry (once again). Instead of spending £100 on a moisturiser and donating a box of tampons, spend £20 on a moisturiser and donate the £80, if you've got money you really have no idea what to do with...

Although I suspect there will be very people who will have any money going spare, even for 'spendy treats' for themselves after the recession that's coming.

Reactions: 8
I said upthread that it’s commendable work Beauty Banks are doing but the cynic in me feels Sali has nothing to currently flog so is using ‘my charity’ to stay relevant and attract the attention of the award givers when this crisis is over.
I think she is so disingenuous that I feel this way too. It's all about getting her name in there with the NHS which is pretty low. I don't think the middle man is necessary there, big brands should themselves (and possibly are) piling stuff into the NHS, they also have the logistics to make that happen smoothly instead of the 3 BB volunteers.

I think BB would be better sticking to their business plan, helping people in poverty, they still exist, more than ever. Less chance of an MBE possibly though with that demographic at the moment.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
British Beauty Blogger has a calm tone in her writing doesn’t she? It’s nice to read. I’ll give her a follow. Thank you.

Reactions: 5
Re the "team of 3", she shared a photo of a delivery that one of the trustees had made. He wasn't one of the team of 3 so even that's a pointless stupid lie. Screenshot_20200401-123317.jpg

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 2
Off topic and I apologise. But I've just read Sam Bunting say she nibbles on squares of green and blacks dark chocolate.
I think it's my worst phrase. Either say you eat mars bars or STFU about nibbling at teeny tiny squares of chocolate. You are not a mouse!

(Rant directed at any woman in the public eye using this phrase and not reserved for Sam Bunting)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
And the ones who eat (sorry, nibble) any more than two squares in one day and then declare they’ve been “naughty” :cautious:

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 26
Yes it is nauseating and aimed at making other people feel bad who merrily scoff family sized bars of fruit 'n' nut.
I know I have no self control at all with certain food stuffs, so I can't even regularly have them in the house, or a sort of fog descends and suddenly the stuff has all gone eg cheese, peanuts, crisps. There is no delicate nibbling involved but ramming as much in my gob as possible and snarling like a rabid dog at anyone coming within 10 feet.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Yes it is nauseating and aimed at making other people feel bad who merrily scoff family sized bars of fruit 'n' nut.
I know I have no self control at all with certain food stuffs, so I can't even regularly have them in the house, or a sort of fog descends and suddenly the stuff has all gone eg cheese, peanuts, crisps. There is no delicate nibbling involved but ramming as much in my gob as possible and snarling like a rabid dog at anyone coming within 10 feet.
I can take or leave savoury and always could. I was never too pushed about it, but my God if there's chocolate in the house and anyone else decides to help themselves to it, there will be trouble!
I'm certainly not delicately nibbling a square of it either 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Off topic and I apologise. But I've just read Sam Bunting say she nibbles on squares of green and blacks dark chocolate.
Who is Sam Bunting? Genuine question, not snark!

I too can't stand the "ooo aren't I naughty nibbling on a square of dark chocolate" thing so many of them seem to do.

I may be biased here, I ate a whole Easter egg last week and I'm not sorry. In fact, I'd do it again in a hot minute 😁.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Well I smashed a large bar of that Aldi chocolate that tastes like galaxy. No nibbles here.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.