Sali Hughes #14 Went to the pub during a pandemic, for real! Never mind, feel as you feel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
MK’s not trying to flog them I don’t think?

I think perhaps if you’ve (generic) followed MK, read her and consequently (usually) end up fond of her you know make up is her pleasure, and seeing her take her pleasure is sort of uplifting because she was in a bad way for so long.

edit: clearly I am fond of her so I am biased to the above view rather than being critical of her. #transparency
It was actually a friend of mine that said to me go and have a look. I don't follow her myself.
Maybe I'm being a bit biased because I don't like her. I find her incredibly false. I know she's suffered badly with depression, I'm not doubting that at all, but I've never found her likeable. I've always thought that she's very attention seeking.
This was confirmed when I met her.

No, I know she's not trying to sell them. I don't think she'd be classed as an 'influencer' as such, but something about showing off expensive make up and looking for validation on it at this time just left a bad taste in my mouth.
It just seems a bit boastful.

Reactions: 10
Also, she did a poll and people voted for her to do this foundation World Cup so she did test the water/ read the room first.

Reactions: 2
I'd tend to agree. The high end foundation world cup is a bit tone deaf. Anyone who is a public figure who gets sent free stuff is an influencer, regardless of their day job

Reactions: 6
Also, she did a poll and people voted for her to do this foundation World Cup so she did test the water/ read the room first.
Fair enough. As I say, I don't follow her myself so didn't see that.
Still can't warm to her though.

Reactions: 2
God I don’t want to advocate for her but she buys her own make up. And now I will rest m’lord.

(I actively like and follow MK but I’m not watching the World Cup - zero interest in high end foundations).

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
No, I know she's not trying to sell them. I don't think she'd be classed as an 'influencer' as such, but something about showing off expensive make up and looking for validation on it at this time just left a bad taste in my mouth.
"Read the room." innit 😁

A friend of mine has recently had her team furloughed. Two fit and healthy friends both had to attend A&E struggling to breathe (they are both OK). Others who work in healthcare are terrified of becoming unwell. Seeing celebrities, influencers, whatever you want to call them finding thinly-veiled ways of seeking validation. Yeah, eye-roll, no time for it. The NYT piece nails it.

Reactions: 12
"Read the room." innit 😁

A friend of mine has recently had her team furloughed. Two fit and healthy friends both had to attend A&E struggling to breathe (they are both OK). Others who work in healthcare are terrified of becoming unwell. Seeing celebrities, influencers, whatever you want to call them finding thinly-veiled ways of seeking validation. Yeah, eye-roll, no time for it. The NYT piece nails it.
Exactly - it really is like they just don't get it. Attention seeking is OK, even mildly amusing when times are alright for most people. Now they aren't.
I get that celebrities/influencers can't win - they talk about the virus and it is obvious most of them are very nicely cushioned financially so can't possibly understand, do a post being light hearted and they are accused of being tone deaf.
They need to understand their every thought and utterance is not required. They aren't the NHS and providing a vital backbone for a despondent and frightened nation. They just have to suck up the fact they aren't important.

(Hope your friends are all OK by the way :()

Reactions: 11
Celebs/influencers need to recognise their own superfluousness within this crisis. Just pipe down for a while. Nothing you say or are selling is anything anyone will need right now.

But alas. Their hungry, needy egos get the better of them and they start to jitter and panic when they haven’t posted any bolloxy content in the last five minutes.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Celebs/influencers need to recognise their own superfluousness within this crisis. Just pipe down for a while. Nothing you say or are selling is anything anyone will need right now.

But alas. Their hungry, needy egos get the better of them and they start to jitter and panic when they haven’t posted any bolloxy content in the last five minutes.
BINGO their own ego won't let them recognise their complete and utter irrelevance in this current situation. From MK and her foundation bullshit to Sali and her constant desperation on Twitter. They are completely tone deaf to what is really going on in the world in terms of jobs, supplies, outlook. I just wish a lot more of them would sit down and STFU.

BINGO their own ego won't let them recognise their complete and utter irrelevance in this current situation. From MK and her foundation bullshit to Sali and her constant desperation on Twitter. They are completely tone deaf to what is really going on in the world in terms of jobs, supplies, outlook. I just wish a lot more of them would sit down and STFU.
I don’t even think it’s a matter of their being tone deaf. I think it’s more a case of their egos and neediness overriding any sense of ‘other’ in favour of the me me me. Feed me some likes! Pay me some attention! Need me want me! I know it’s a global crisis but I need to fit into it somehow!

God I don’t want to advocate for her but she buys her own make up. And now I will rest m’lord.

(I actively like and follow MK but I’m not watching the World Cup - zero interest in high end foundations).
She gets sent a lot of stuff too, as she has written various beauty columns. She has said so herself in the past

Reactions: 3
I don’t even think it’s a matter of their being tone deaf. I think it’s more a case of their egos and neediness overriding any sense of ‘other’ in favour of the me me me. Feed me some likes! Pay me some attention! Need me want me! I know it’s a global crisis but I need to fit into it somehow!
I think a lot of them are cynically looking to the future and how they will be remembered for this time - all striving to be the Vera Lynne of coronavirus.

Plus being ignored for 5 minutes as something actually important is happening worries them in case people wake up to how irrelevant they are.

Reactions: 10
It’s really commendable that they can pull in enough supplies to help the frontline workers in all hospitals, she cannot be criticised for that.

Is that what she’s saying, all hospitals?

I think BBB used to be a journalist, and it really shows

Her articles are thoughtful and critical and tell us behind the scenes stuff and the like.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.