Sali Hughes #13 The best new products I’ve been using for years

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Exactly - and then to defend it, and then to blame trolls. So incredibly irresponsible. A public figure with thousands of followers directly going against the advice of the government and top scientific advisors. And advertising the fact.
Sali’s been aware that Corona virus was coming for months and months now, donkeys, even. Didn’t you? 😉🤪 She will behave however she likes during it. How dare we assume she has to listen to government advice? She knows best and her own personal team of spendy scientific advisors (based in her beloved luxury starvation clinic) are way ahead of the normal, ‘high street’ ones and the only opinions she trusts on the matter. She probably has already been given a special weak dilute of the ‘luxe’ Corona vaccine available to all Blue Tickers and which, thank God, comes in a reassuringly heavy vial which looks great on your bathroom shelf at this difficult time. *fuckflattenthecurveface*

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Today’s column. Comparing the cost of a vegan cleanser to that of a block of cheddar seems... clankingly fuckwitted to me.

Oh, and! Later on in the same column, she makes reference to cracking an egg. Dick.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
In the morning, I use a milk or cream because cleansing a makeup-free face with a balm is a bit like cracking an egg with a sledgehammer (sorry, vegans).

So crass and insulting. Also why can’t she just have said it’s unnecessary. Again using her word count for vanity.

Reactions: 9
I'm so grateful that she pointed out the £3.50 cleanser would be good for povfaces on minimum wage compared to the 'much more luxe one'. I would have got confused between the £3.50 cleanser and the £15 cleanser if she hadn't confirmed that the primark one is for min wagers. Thanks Sal!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
In the morning, I use a milk or cream because cleansing a makeup-free face with a balm is a bit like cracking an egg with a sledgehammer (sorry, vegans).

So crass and insulting. Also why can’t she just have said it’s unnecessary. Again using her word count for vanity.
Wilful isn't it? Shoehorning in two entirely pointless references to dairy products. Why not say cracking a nut? I get the feeling the whole article was written around that little witticism at the end 🥚.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
What's the point of including Avon as a vegan option (ah, yes, the podcast) when they announced at the end of 2019 that it had modified and drastically scaled back its product line in China, to become cruelty-free meaning they are not cruelty free now and it's irrelevant how many products they sell, 10 or 10000.

Her egg comment and including Avon is on brand with her sharing vegetarian recipes with Parmesan.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Today’s column. Comparing the cost of a vegan cleanser to that of a block of cheddar seems... clankingly fuckwitted to me.

Oh, and! Later on in the same column, she makes reference to cracking an egg. Dick.
Such a tactless column, including the minimum wage comment especially at this time. Why even mention coconut oil at the end? It's not a cleanser and would make r/skincareaddiction gasp in horror, does she think vegans care for this type of product by default, rather than you know consider the huge range of vegan cleansers available on the high street that don't include MLM companies either?

Reactions: 5
Such a tactless column, including the minimum wage comment especially at this time. Why even mention coconut oil at the end? It's not a cleanser and would make r/skincareaddiction gasp in horror, does she think vegans care for this type of product by default, rather than you know consider the huge range of vegan cleansers available on the high street that don't include MLM companies either?
As a vegan, I find her offensive, ill informed and patronising.

Reactions: 13
As a vegan, I find her offensive, ill informed and patronising.
Patronising, yes that's it!

As for an option, Sukin's cream cleanser is nice, they have a few others but haven't tried them yet. Superdrug's naturally radiant one is lovely also.

There are loads upon loads of good, inexpensive vegan cleansers available right now. My personal fave is the super cheap and widely available Creamy Foam Cleanser from Superdrug (not shilling, I promise, just think it's really good).

If you're buying online Face Theory is really nice too. I use their glycolic acid one.

Of course I would say that though as I'm a poor person 😉

Reactions: 7

As for an option, Sukin's cream cleanser is nice, they have a few others but haven't tried them yet. Superdrug's naturally radiant one is lovely also.
Superdrug has so many amazing ranges!

There are loads upon loads of good, inexpensive vegan cleansers available right now. My personal fave is the super cheap and widely available Creamy Foam Cleanser from Superdrug (not shilling, I promise, just think it's really good).

If you're buying online Face Theory is really nice too. I use their glycolic acid one.

Of course I would say that though as I'm a poor person 😉
I love Superdrug's own brand ranges. Been using them for years and years ;)

Googles Sukin.....

Referring to the Primark cleanser: "But it does its job extremely well on a minimum wage". How much more condescending and patronising can she be?
At this present time (as well as the medical profession obviously) the people currently keeping the country going are the supermarket retail staff, putting themselves at massive risk and doing so while on that minimum wage that Sali sneers at.

As for the 'Cathedral City' cheddar, I've got a block of Aldi cheddar in my fridge at the moment and lucky to have any cheese at all with all the shortages.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Referring to the Primark cleanser: "But it does its job extremely well on a minimum wage". How much more condescending and patronising can she be?
At this present time (as well as the medical profession obviously) the people currently keeping the country going are the supermarket retail staff, putting themselves at massive risk and doing so while on that minimum wage that Sali sneers at.

As for the 'Cathedral City' cheddar, I've got a block of Aldi cheddar in my fridge at the moment and lucky to have any cheese at all with all the shortages.
She's an incredible snob.

Reactions: 12
The current openings in retail dont come with sick pay!

I had a phone interview with sainsbury's - but they refuse to pay sick pay if new 'corona emergency' temps actually get the coronavirus. I'm in two minds as to whether to put myself at more risk for companies who still dont care about their temps. (I know temps dont normally get sick pay, but I was called entitled by the same boomer who complained about supermarket queues...)

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
She's sneery about minimum wages but it's evident that those on minimum wages (cleaners, supermarket workers, etc) are more invaluable in the crisis and work far harder than some spoilt media influencer luvvie in her Brighton bubble.

Also, some minimum wage workers were recognised officially by the government as "key workers". The same key workers that that ghastly woman Priti Patel previously declared "unskilled"

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Screenshot_20200321_115419.jpg

Haaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaahahahahahahahahaaaaaahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahha

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Had never heard of Jack Munroe but I just looked at the thread and it's laughable how a few public figures are rounding up on Jamie Oliver. Jamie Oliver has been a TV chef for decades now and is affable and inoffensive. I guess #bekind is only used by public figures when it suits their agenda

• Heart
Reactions: 6
This place really gets under her skin doesn’t it? She just can’t tear herself away. Defaming? 😂 Needed a laugh thanks.

another week, another piss poor column with added Avon shill to keep them sweet.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.