Sali Hughes #13 The best new products I’ve been using for years

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tk Maxx also seem to be decent paying all staff and taking all their food to foodbanks or NHS.

(Perhaps pink Himalayan salt will have mysterious healing properties... in Poland there is a habit of visiting old Krakow salt mines if you have respiratory issues... I'll wait to see the daily mail outrage of a poor ill old lady eating penis shaped pasta...)

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Liking CH a bit more for this...

If I was an influencer I'd tag everything #yesitsallanad and be done with it.

Then I'd carry on accepting all the freebies in the manner of a miserly horder, making videos like I was Marie Antoinette to show the peasants what they're missing.

Coronavirus has made it clear that they're not performing a public service, despite the slightly desperate tone:
'I had to tell you...'
'I must make a video on...'
'I've been getting so many urgent questions about...'
'Sorry this is a bit rough [pats perfect blowdried hair] but I am so excited to tell you...' yap yap yap etc.

Reactions: 10
wtf did i just read.. it shocks me that these are adults.. this just reminds me why I don't use Twitter
This 'we should out them' business. Like...what are you going to do? Call my office and tell them I was, anonymously, in a way entirely unconnected to the company, mean about someone who sells make up on the internet?

Honestly, go for it. It's quite a boring office. It might brighten the day.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I remember getting the strong whiff of bs when I read this feature about hand creams. I’d never heard of O’Keefes before she’d mentioned it. I’m a healthcare worker and the last thing you want to put on your hands during a shift is a thick waxy cream. Of course the nurse said all her colleagues swore by it. Of course she did. I suppose they had been using it for ages too. After Sali featured it, it was then launched across Boots et el. Funny that.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I’ve seen many news readers wearing lipgloss. I’m sorry but they’re clearly not up to date with current affairs as if they were they would know lipglosses are for teenagers.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I remember getting the strong whiff of bs when I read this feature about hand creams. I’d never heard of O’Keefes before she’d mentioned it. I’m a healthcare worker and the last thing you want to put on your hands during a shift is a thick waxy cream. Of course the nurse said all her colleagues swore by it. Of course she did. I suppose they had been using it for ages too. After Sali featured it, it was then launched across Boots et el. Funny that.
I fell for that and got the cream, what a load of rubbish it was

• Sad
Reactions: 3
😂 “if nothing more interesting is happening” ??? Sali hun, you can put your hand cream and cotton socks on AFTER you wank your husband off don’t you know????

I fell for that and got the cream, what a load of rubbish it was
The lip balms shite too.

• Haha
O'Keefe's is actually effective but absolutely not for between hand washes when you are working. You'd grease up everything you touch.

Reactions: 3
I hadn’t thought of it before, but you’re right. Jesus.

Reactions: 5
This 'we should out them' business. Like...what are you going to do? Call my office and tell them I was, anonymously, in a way entirely unconnected to the company, mean about someone who sells make up on the internet?

Honestly, go for it. It's quite a boring office. It might brighten the day.
The self-importance is staggering. It's all very, DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM? "i'M SaLi HuGheS aNd I sHiLl tit oN tHe InTeRnEt 🤪"

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I appreciate it’s not her tweet but even retweeting something with “time to stockpile” feels incredibly tone deaf right now.
The difference in how she looks on the natural photo shared a few pages back and this! I think she looks nicer on the natural one.

Reactions: 2
What really evaporates my secretions is the way she attempts a veneer of impartiality by criticising some small and usually inconsequential aspect of the product. Whilst still shilling the hell out of it. There are so many examples, but in this case...

6A417053-9D76-4076-920F-EA1D6BB82442.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 8
She's urging people to go to restaurants? Only right-wing wingnuts are doing that here
This post made me laugh - Sali going to the restaurant on Tuesday when we were all told on Monday not to is exactly what 'right-wing wingnuts' Stanley Johnson and Tim Wetherspoon were urging people to do. I'm sure they are not the people she would usually like to be bracketed with.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
This post made me laugh - Sali going to the restaurant on Tuesday when we were all told on Monday not to is exactly what 'right-wing wingnuts' Stanley Johnson and Tim Wetherspoon were urging people to do. I'm sure they are not the people she would usually like to be bracketed with.
I guess it's different if you urge people to go to a bougie eaterie :rolleyes:

After tonight it's even more dumbfounding that she thought it was ok. The PM of our country basically said he'd asked nicely but people weren't listening. Or maybe Sali eating out was just to keep the food and drink industry ticking over until the Chancellor had a chance to get things sorted. Thanks Sal.

After tonight it's even more dumbfounding that she thought it was ok. The PM of our country basically said he'd asked nicely but people weren't listening. Or maybe Sali eating out was just to keep the food and drink industry ticking over until the Chancellor had a chance to get things sorted. Thanks Sal.
Exactly - and then to defend it, and then to blame trolls. So incredibly irresponsible. A public figure with thousands of followers directly going against the advice of the government and top scientific advisors. And advertising the fact.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.