Sali Hughes #13 The best new products I’ve been using for years

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This place really gets under her skin doesn’t it? She just can’t tear herself away. Defaming? 😂 Needed a laugh thanks.

another week, another piss poor column with added Avon shill to keep them sweet.
She is obsessed. Doesn't waste any opportunity to mention it

Reactions: 5
I’d read a few comments here but nothing prepared me for the awfulness of the column... So weird and gas-lighty. How on earth did it get past the sub-editor??!

2E949249-5C51-4F3A-AA2F-2FCE4F0C3641.jpeg

I guess no one at The Guardian gives a toss now.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
So weird and gas-lighty. How on earth did it get past the sub-editor??!
Exactly. I don't get all the non-vegan references. Obvs she's hoping for some free 'Cathedral City Cheddar' by giving them a name check, but could she not use a carton of almond milk as the comparison?

I'd say she definitely reads this column (Hi Sally!) and she's trolling us...

• Angry
So strange - why even mention the minimum wage? The product either does a good job or it doesn't. Not just 'good enough for those who can't afford more'. Does she mean 'for a small price'? So in a few small paragraphs she has managed to offend vegans and those on a minimum wage 👏
If someone was writing an article about Jewish food would they say 'bringing home the bacon (sorry Jewish people)'.

Reactions: 15
In the morning, I use a milk or cream because cleansing a makeup-free face with a balm is a bit like cracking an egg with a sledgehammer (sorry, vegans).

So crass and insulting. Also why can’t she just have said it’s unnecessary. Again using her word count for vanity.
This is terrible writing. Doesn't even make any sense. If this is really the best comparison she could come up with then she should not have a column with the Guardian..

Does Sali scour Twitter looking for mentions of Tattle, or what?
I bet she does. Thinking about it, this is a useful forum for her because the existence of this thread gives her credibility (particularly now her column deserves to go back to Lauren Luke, frankly), helps unify her followers against the nasty 'trolls' and also means that she can mine 'victimhood' for commercial opportunities. If you're an influencer, it's all gold.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.