Sali Hughes #13 The best new products I’ve been using for years

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They can make normally stylish women look so frumpy. SH on her wedding day is the only time I've seen that dress look half decent - she did look lovely I thought.
Agree on both counts. She looked stunning and those dresses are frumpy

Reactions: 1
So far I've only watched the primer bit of her latest video - I found 2 things baffling: 1. the assumption that most women wouldn't use the same primer every day (I mean, I probably live behind a rock, but most women I know don't use primer at all, and if they do they only have one) and 2. she wouldn't rely on the SPF primer for sun protection - but didn't she say the other week she sometimes gets her only SPF from foundation?

Reactions: 11
So far I've only watched the primer bit of her latest video - I found 2 things baffling: 1. the assumption that most women wouldn't use the same primer every day (I mean, I probably live behind a rock, but most women I know don't use primer at all, and if they do they only have one) and 2. she wouldn't rely on the SPF primer for sun protection - but didn't she say the other week she sometimes gets her only SPF from foundation?
Yes that primer comment also baffled me. Why wouldn't people use the same primer every day? I don't use primer as it seems like an unnecessary extra step but if I did I'm not going to buy multiple ones

Same! I use the same primer every day. Talk about inventing a need and then selling the solution.

Reactions: 5
I don't use primer either - a good foundation doesn't need one imo and the ones I've tried (loads - I felt it was something I NEEDED) didn't vow me at all.

I never use primer - well that is a lie in that I have, but don't think it made a scrap of difference so just forgot from then on. Possibly because I never used a decent one? But I am more than satisfied with my basic skincare, then base so I won't be starting. And the having more than one at a time? I just don't believe that, unless they are #presssamples.
I assumed most people were like me with skincare - fairly monogamous if you are happy until it runs out when you might try something different.
But remember this is advice from a world where a tin of 5 smallish items at £70 is seen as good value. A week's benefits for some people.

Reactions: 7
studying children and mothers with pumped faces it was discovered that the children have less empathy because they don't learn to read the micro expressions.
My God, I'd never even considered this but now I'm thinking about it.. Of course, it makes such sense. That is so horrible.

Reactions: 3
I use primer because the only foundation I've found that suits me in terms of shade sits horribly on my skin without one. As it happens I do have a couple of them, one that’s just silicone-y for the texture and one for a bit of glow, but I’m sure I’m not most women! And I only wear foundation once a week at the most, so it all lasts forever.

Is a primer the only way to stop foundation from settling in my large pores? Today I've tried my sample of the new Estee Lauder Futurist Hydra foundation for the first time and it's not good on my skin but I don't know what I'm doing wrong! I usually use a moisturiser, wait ten mins while I dry my hair and then apply foundation. I feel like such a beef face :(

This looks completely ridiculous. It’s of her own making, but to end up needing to state that you paid for your own dinner... 🙄

0D983937-61B3-4275-9163-D502D94AC9F2.jpeg

And all to avoid actually following the regulations properly...

• Haha
Reactions: 11
This looks completely ridiculous. It’s of her own making, but to end up needing to state that you paid for your own dinner... 🙄

she just makes herself look a dick doing that. All because she knowingly and willingly breaks all the #AD rules when she does her shady beauty posts.

Re primers, I do quite like the Smashbox regular one, only use it for maybe nights out etc, couldn’t be arsed every day.

Is a primer the only way to stop foundation from settling in my large pores? Today I've tried my sample of the new Estee Lauder Futurist Hydra foundation for the first time and it's not good on my skin but I don't know what I'm doing wrong! I usually use a moisturiser, wait ten mins while I dry my hair and then apply foundation. I feel like such a beef face :(
I don't know but possibly a primer would help that? Are other foundations normally OK on you?
Funnily enough in the comments under her IG someone else said the same - that they were so looking forward to trying it and it was just all wrong on her skin, sort of streaky and blotchy.

As for the pass ag labelling of dinners out. This is just so people can say 'oh poor you forced to these lengths because of those disgusting WOMEN trolls'. Sigh. :rolleyes:

labelling of dinners out
I thought she found labeling deeply satisfying. Even has a label-maker.

Is a primer the only way to stop foundation from settling in my large pores? Today I've tried my sample of the new Estee Lauder Futurist Hydra foundation for the first time and it's not good on my skin but I don't know what I'm doing wrong!
Nothing! :D
Some foundations just don't mesh well with certain skin types. I hate it when I have to work around foundation, mix it with this, layer with that, count from 100, walk a straight line... F that!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Try the Smashbox photo finish minimise pores one - https://www.smashbox.co.uk/product/...hoto-finish-foundation-primer-pore-minimizing I use it on and around my nose, and sometimes I use a different primer on the rest of my face, sometimes I don't bother.

Reactions: 3
Thanks for the replies @Jelly Bean @Tesla's Ghost @skronkywildcat :)

I think I was expecting miracles from this EL foundation as it's far more expensive than the one I am currently using which doesn't seem to do this weird settling thing at all. I have been using KJH's techniques since I read one of her tutorials and the cheap foundation works fine. So I'll go back to that! Thank god for samples!

• Haha
Reactions: 4

View attachment 94623

What really annoys me about these is nobody even wants to see your dinner/ t-shirt/ hairband or cares where you got it from. So just stop taking and sharing photos of them and then you won’t feel the need to ‘overdeclare’ all the time 🤬

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.