Sali Hughes #13 The best new products I’ve been using for years

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Here is the reddit take on article posted upthread:

The comments are far more sensible than the article itself which seems to say (as a poster pointed out) the author felt toxic posting and reading a gossip site therefore everyone should. Surely she can only speak for herself?
The reasons people like a gossip/commentary site are plentiful. Reducing it to 'women are witches' is dangerous nonsense.

Reactions: 5
I really want my ‘elevens’ forehead lines botoxed. Largely vanity, but also I’ve had years of anxiety and depression, and I love the idea of being able to erase that from my face. It may be a fantasy, and it’s definitely extremely privileged, but the thought that a relatively harmless procedure could possibly do that is very appealing. Even if I could only keep it up for a few years.

Reactions: 9
I really want my ‘elevens’ forehead lines botoxed. Largely vanity, but also I’ve had years of anxiety and depression, and I love the idea of being able to erase that from my face. It may be a fantasy, and it’s definitely extremely privileged, but the thought that a relatively harmless procedure could possibly do that is very appealing. Even if I could only keep it up for a few years.
i am in the same boat and took the plunge. I find it soothing to know that how I’m feeling isn’t showing on my face.

Reactions: 8
So many stories like that on these threads. Yet the response would be (and actually has been by some on twitter not long ago about here) -
'well nobody held a gun against your head'
'you are an adult with free will'
'boohoo buying stuff you didn't need'
'Ooh Sali Hughes forced me to buy something I couldn't afford'
'Yes I walked into a car showroom and ordered a car I couldn't afford because Sali told me to. Lol'.

Which of course is absolutely true and nobody is denying that. I don't think anyone blames SH, they blame themselves for falling for it all. I know I do. It doesn't take into account a variety of reasons one person falls for the tricks in an influencer's arsenal, while another remains immune. That is where the shame element comes in that so many people have mentioned. Not anger against her or other influencers but personal shame.
In my case it started back in the early days of her FB group (which I really did love then). I *think* there was soft selling going on then (eg Whistles, Hershesons) and also linking in with the column. I obviously can't prove this and no doubt it would be dismissed as the ravings of a conspiracy theorist.
Again if I purchased a product through it then that was my free choice and entirely my decision. Not saying otherwise.
The thing is, the whole purpose of an influencer is to sell us stuff. They might not like the grubby truth of it and prefer to dress it up as ‘journalism’, but it’s a fact that it’s advertising by stealth. A focussed strategy, targeting a specific audience through messaging tailored to trigger insecurity. And then the influencers blame the consumers when the strategy works!
It’s the exact opposite of caring about the people they’re talking to. The influencers give so few fucks about their audience, they’re basically giving minus fucks.

Reactions: 7
i am in the same boat and took the plunge. I find it soothing to know that how I’m feeling isn’t showing on my face.
I’ve had it done too. It’s not all the time, just when it gets really bad again. I have fewer headaches because I’m not scowling as much.

Reactions: 7
Dreadfully awkward new IG video up. It’s all quite a lot of nothing, nothing new anyway. Odd.

Dreadfully awkward new IG video up. It’s all quite a lot of nothing, nothing new anyway. Odd.
I disagree. She’s done a total U-turn on excessive, pointless packaging since Saturday!! A new direction!

“Comes in this nice bag...”

D493771C-DFE4-41A5-9563-76DD6B8050E7.jpeg

“Then you get this tin...”

5756E531-364F-4F24-87FA-B0E8B61613BD.jpeg

For five small cosmetics.

#Greenwash #SustainableAF

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
I suppose it is utterly futile to point out again that free #presssamples are still an #AD under the ASA rules.

I really am boring myself now.

Reactions: 12
I hate to say it but she looks almost jaundiced her face is so yellow. And that excess packaging for Estee Lalonde is an absolute joke.

Reactions: 3
And she’s got those weird, froggy lips now. They don’t move properly when she speaks, same as with Nadine B.

Reactions: 1
Her videos are the opposite of ASMR, aren't they? Seriously though, perhaps she is asthmatic? If I were gasping like that while talking, I'd be getting a lung function test. It seems like air hunger

• Haha
Reactions: 3
They just bore me rigid as they are so similar. And I really hate the flounce round the hem - like those bottom sheets on a bed.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.