Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Disillusioned

VIP Member
I don’t get that from what she’s said at all @Curio. More: ‘None of us are utterly innocent, but that lot [on Tattle] are anonymous scum.’ Or rather, “garbage”.

I’m increasingly tempted to contact her directly in my own name. But - and may be this is a bit paranoid - she must have lots of data/information about me from my membership of GTL/SHB. And I no longer trust her to behave within legislation or with decency.

Also: Eric 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I regret 90% of the makeup purchases (though none of them are high end!) as I wear the same stuff every single day. I’m donating some of my unused beauty stuff to a homeless charity. The rest I’m going to actually focus on using as part of self care rather than the weird hoarding I was doing of it all (I’m still going into work as it’s an essential service, and it’s quite a draining time!). For me personally, it’ll make me evaluate what’s actually a worthwhile spend for me and what was totally pointless, which I hope will curb my spending again. I spent a couple of years renovating a house, as a first time buyer with no skills or knowledge I walked blindly into a house that needed a lot of work without realising it at the time. We had no money and we moved into my in laws house with 2 weeks worth of items, putting everything else into storage. I couldn’t afford to buy anything that wasn’t essential. It made me realise how little I needed, but most of my bad spending habits have crept back in again. I’m hoping to put an end to that once and for all this time around! Though I am a little grateful for my stockpiling of my usual products (tend to stock up in Superdrug when the offers are on!), because I don’t really want to be buying my cleanser at the moment when businesses need to focus on selling essentials.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
The teachers thing is indeed strange. And why shouldn't teachers who have a private life on a forum be allowed to teach for eg chemistry or woodwork? I am fairly confident if my son's teacher was uncovered to be a contributor to a gossip forum, or indeed any other forum (unless it was the dark web obv) I would be baffled as to why anyone thought I needed to know that. It would be like 🤷‍♀️
It is no wierder than being endlessly on Twitter as far as I can see.

Pixie06

VIP Member
I've never seen a more wooden, humourless, supercilious, unlikeable woman in front of a camera EVER! I watched a few "in the bathrooms with", Claudia Winkleman was brilliant fun, didn't take herself seriously, Sali has zero rapport with anyone, even with her "bestie" Caitlin, seems about as much fun as an STD.

• Haha
  • Heart

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
And she's off again over on Twitter right now. To be fair she has been using soap for years and years and years so she would know.....
It's soap. It's not a new amazing discovery made glamorous by Elizabeth Taylor. Does it have a Nanna smell? The dogs in the street know the benefits of fucking soap. Oneupmanship over soap. Wtf.

• Haha

Minniemousesshoes

View attachment 101151
More unnecessary curt snippiness

‘ Yay! I’m so glad it worked for you. Happy when tips I’ve written help people. ‘

There you go Sali. I’ve fixed that response for you. (Still getting to be superior about having written the tip in question. But hopefully not making someone feel shit)

Does she not realise engagement is the true influencer currency? It’s what drives brands to work with her.

• Haha

GrunkaLunka

VIP Member
She has to say she hasn't read it, so that she can spout utter shite about what people are supposed to have said.
I love the fact that one of the most mentioned thing on these threads has been her botox and yet it's the one thing she won't ever say.
She says that we are talking about someone's weight (she loves repeatedly getting that dig in to her employee), her family and a dead person's mum (?Wtf?), deflecting all the criticism on to other people.
No, we are talking about you Sali. Stop with the bs.

Disillusioned

VIP Member
I can’t get over “we’ll get back to you on Monday”. ICU staff can’t say that can they?! The nature of helping the NHS during a crisis is that their needs are 24/7.

The voluntary groups I’m trying to help with are running constantly, just trying to keep ahead of demand.

And that “But...” 🤯 I’m calling this as her most dickish tweet.

36FDD5E0-695C-4B8D-94A8-1B3E23D42FC0.jpeg

Last edited:

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I thought that 'contacts' was the whole point of Beauty Banks. Isn't it based on SH and JJ leveraging their contacts with beauty brands and PRs (and, before the pandemic, their large number of social media followers) to donate supplies?
Mm yes that is what I thought too. How can they operate otherwise?
And I'm still baffled why they can't get the wheels in motion for that person this weekend - she didn't even say to email now and they'll try to get it processed for delivery on Monday. Really weekends are largely irrelevant at the moment aren't they?

Gentlemensrelish

Chatty Member
wtf did i just read.. it shocks me that these are adults.. this just reminds me why I don't use Twitter
This 'we should out them' business. Like...what are you going to do? Call my office and tell them I was, anonymously, in a way entirely unconnected to the company, mean about someone who sells make up on the internet?

Honestly, go for it. It's quite a boring office. It might brighten the day.

• Haha

melfish

VIP Member
Flogging make-up and influencing is non-essential. Stay at home Sali.
Influencers are non-essential also when there's no pandemic

When we come out the other side of this, it will be abundantly clear what's important. And it won't be a red lip

• Heart
  • Haha

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
After tonight it's even more dumbfounding that she thought it was ok. The PM of our country basically said he'd asked nicely but people weren't listening. Or maybe Sali eating out was just to keep the food and drink industry ticking over until the Chancellor had a chance to get things sorted. Thanks Sal.
Exactly - and then to defend it, and then to blame trolls. So incredibly irresponsible. A public figure with thousands of followers directly going against the advice of the government and top scientific advisors. And advertising the fact.

melfish

VIP Member
I hope this crisis prompts influencers to reflect, cut through the beauty-industry propaganda they've internalised, and realise that posting endless selfies and "aspirational" lifestyle nonsense is ultimately just meaningless consumerism designed to deceive and manipulate

• Heart

Tesla's Ghost

VIP Member
Something that has been puzzling me. Does anyone wash their bras while they take a bath?
How can she write this and not expect people to make fun of it? Relaxing in a bath while your bras float around you? Like Kramer from Seinfeld washed his food in the shower? New curly girl method: plop your hair in a big cabbage leaf.

• Haha

Gentlemensrelish

Chatty Member
I think there has been some mention here regarding the dog and Lauren (?!) so I thought I'd share this in case anyone is interested.

View attachment 100721

Lauren has her dog for lockdown. Can't imagine being without a member of my family during lockdown, but "you feel how you feel" right?
If Lauren is completely on her own, this is quite a sweet thing to do. I am and the dog isn't completely keeping me sane, but he is taking the edge off a bit.

• Heart