Sali Hughes #12 This is not a thread. It is not paid for, not sponsored, nor required by Sali

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also, at the end of her video tantrum, she says she's a journalist? She's a beauty writer. She writes about face creams and mascaras. I thought that a journalist broadcasts information in the public interest? There's nothing wrong with being a writer. Why does she need to embellish?

Reactions: 7
Sali needs to shut up about diagnosing mental health issues on Twitter when she's happy referring to us (some of whom have openly discussed our mental health problems on threads her friends and family are reading on her behalf) as lunatics on Instagram.
'Lunatic'? I'm hurt. When I was a GtLer I was 'a smart sassy funny woman' (or something like that).

• Haha
Reactions: 11
🧐
Who else do we reckon was in on the article about remembering sitting in her high chair at the age of two? Just how far do her claims to have both bought her anglepoise on ebay and been given it by her former husband (LinkedIn attached) reach?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Also, at the end of her video tantrum, she says she's a journalist? She's a beauty writer. She writes about face creams and mascaras. I thought that a journalist broadcasts information in the public interest? There's nothing wrong with being a writer. Why does she need to embellish?
This reminded me and I keep forgetting to post: a friend who works at Radio 4 (I think it was Woman’s Hour at the time) told me MONTHS AGO how SH got angry she was once being introduced as a ‘beauty journalist’ and was insistent she was just ‘journalist’ 😐

• Haha
Reactions: 17
What conspiracies is she even referring to? Genuinely baffled? The Lauren Luke stuff? Can't be it as it was widely reported way before here. SH did a couple of interviews outlining how she got that job.
I really can't think of anything else she could mean.
This reminded me and I keep forgetting to post: a friend who works at Radio 4 (I think it was Woman’s Hour at the time) told me MONTHS AGO how SH got angry she was once being introduced as a ‘beauty journalist’ and was insistent she was just ‘journalist’ 😐
Ahaha that is PRICELESS 😂 I thought taking an interest in beauty was nothing to be ashamed of :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I guess she got sick of police and court rounds, and the long stretches in Parliament

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I thought taking an interest in beauty was nothing to be ashamed of :unsure:
According to Sali, it is totally empowering, particularly if you spend all your money on stuff she gets for free.
In fact, rehashing press releases and incorporating your 'honest' professional opinion is obviously investigative journalism. How can anyone not see this? (example: "This [product] is really lovely, particularly for all skin types. It feels really nice on, you can apply make-up on top, and it feels really luxurious to use. And the packaging is recyclable, apart from the pump, cap, label, security seal, mini spatula and plastic film sealing the box. A spendy treat!!! For you. Obvs I got it free #gifted").

• Haha
Reactions: 22
"This [product] is really lovely, particularly for all skin types. It feels really nice on, you can apply make-up on top, and it feels really luxurious to use. And the packaging is recyclable, apart from the pump, cap, label, security seal, mini spatula and plastic film sealing the box. A spendy treat!!! For you. Obvs I got it free #gifted".
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: ⚰ ⚰

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I sort of see her point here. It winds me right up when men ballache about women in the public eye having the temerity to not be attractive enough to appeal personally to their over-inflated sense of selves.
Oh I agree but why insert SJP into the debate when it wasn't even about her

Reactions: 2
I remember. I followed it and had a look 🤪

Yes, commentary under Instagram posts about Botox was linked to posters also, er, posting here about Botox. Handmaiden was one of them that stood out to me because she was very eloquent and a former GTLer.
Aw thank you! Still here lurking (when I’m not being a teacher of children). Sali and the walker of the dog still hovering here too, it seems. 🙄

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
I don't blame Sali for being pissed off, she should stick to appearing on Heart Radio podcasts were she's shown the respect she deserves.
Screenshot_20200211-212944_Spotify.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
If I remember correctly, the whole MN kerfuffle was because IK had made some nasty slur about mental health and lots of MNers took umbrage to that. SH turned up to defend IK. It seems that they both enjoy making derogatory remarks about mental health.
yup she has form on her mental health slurs.

Just reading that shot that @Mselvista posted is mind boggling. I think without exception she has written posts or vanity ‘columns’ on everything mentioned there husband, father, friends, kids, mother. She has thrown them all into the melting pot. You can’t just make it go away because people don’t fawn, same as you can’t make your very public bad behaviour go away either, you know? the stuff you used to be proud of, like getting the Graun column. Own it Sali, fess up, people might respect you for it.

Reactions: 6
The only time her children were mentioned on here was to critique Sali’s decision to put her elder son on her IG feed after she said she’d keep them private and off limits.

Reactions: 10
The “my dead mother” mention?! Iirc she wrote a very raw article about what her family was like growing up and her siblings asked her to take it down so then she circulated it amongst her Facebook group of followers. Of course that’s going to be mentioned.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Oh I agree but why insert SJP into the debate when it wasn't even about her
Lord knows. It's like the "THEY CALLED MY FRIEND INDIA KNIGHT OF PRIMROSE HILL LONDON FAT" posts. Jeez man. With friends like that....

Can anyone give me a run down of what exactly she did to Esther Coren, please? I've googled and it's all rather vague...

Reactions: 1
Yes I'm afraid if you live your life in public you can't pick and choose the aspects people comment on. You have made it all fair game if people only comment on the information you give them. It really isn't deep research but a half decent memory. For eg her 'dead mother' (her words) she discussed at length in various mediums. And honestly I don't recall anyone here being mean about that? (I may be wrong).

The “my dead mother” mention?! Iirc she wrote a very raw article about what her family was like growing up and her siblings asked her to take it down so then she circulated it amongst her Facebook group of followers. Of course that’s going to be mentioned.
Yes! Just saw your post now.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.