Sali Hughes #12 This is not a thread. It is not paid for, not sponsored, nor required by Sali

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's like the "THEY CALLED MY FRIEND INDIA KNIGHT OF PRIMROSE HILL LONDON FAT" posts.
IK wrote a book called From Pig to Twig, so she pretty much insulted herself.
Can anyone give me a run down of what exactly she did to Esther Coren, please? I've googled and it's all rather vague...
I can't guarantee it will be exact, but Sali tore on Twitter some piece Esther wrote, here's the tweet. And here's the page that might provide more info https://tattle.life/threads/sali-hu...vented-the-aubergine-penis-emoji.2970/page-42

Attachments

Reactions: 1
Lord knows. It's like the "THEY CALLED MY FRIEND INDIA KNIGHT OF PRIMROSE HILL LONDON FAT" posts. Jeez man. With friends like that....

Can anyone give me a run down of what exactly she did to Esther Coren, please? I've googled and it's all rather vague...
It is all a bit odd. Esther wrote a piece for a magazine (I think a supermarket one or somesuch) and she said how she would want her young daughter to wear makeup (again I'm not 100% sure - haven't read it) but apparently it was clearly tongue in cheek. SH picked up on this, tweeted it and said things like she pitied the children having Esther and Giles Coren as parents (amongst other things). There was a huge backlash and pile on against Esther from other people including private messages saying how awful she was apparently causing her to feel deeply depressed and almost suicidal (this isn't gossip - Giles mentioned it at some point - he said 'people have killed themselves over less'). SH distanced herself from it saying it had nothing to do with her as in the original tweet she hadn't directly @ Esther. Now obviously SH is not responsible for people being idiots and writing bullying messages but she definitely set the tone and started it.
Giles did an IG story after SH rant saying pot/kettle when it comes to being mean about your children. It is on here somewhere.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
The only time her children were mentioned on here was to critique Sali’s decision to put her elder son on her IG feed after she said she’d keep them private and off limits.
This is true. Why does she continue to mislead her followers as to the nature of this forum?

Because she has to continue to justify the video and the huge amount of sympathy she got - and continues to get - as a result? Because she's convinced herself that she's upset about here because it spreads lies and attacks her family and friends, not because it's critical of her (and because she can't acknowledge any shortcomings)? Because someone is misleading her as to its nature? And, if so, why on earth would they? I am genuinely puzzled.

Giles video can been seen in the first post here in thread #4 The Keats of Foundation.

Reactions: 3

From there. She didn't @ Esther but the tweet she quoted did so that is really splitting hairs if she said that.

Thank you, Jelly Bean.

Crikey. I just watched GC's clip. She really has ZERO self awareness.

• Sad
She really was such a bleeping abusive tit to Esther Walker :mad: I think there was serious envy and jealousy at play there as Esther comes across as a really lovely and genuine person.

Reactions: 11
Yes I'm afraid if you live your life in public you can't pick and choose the aspects people comment on. You have made it all fair game if people only comment on the information you give them. It really isn't deep research but a half decent memory. For eg her 'dead mother' (her words) she discussed at length in various mediums. And honestly I don't recall anyone here being mean about that? (I may be wrong).
Nothing disrespectful was ever said here about her parents or her relationship with them. The only mention of her parents was - in the context of 'honesty' - about seeming discrepancies in different articles and posts about her background.

Reactions: 3
Esther Walker is properly gorgeous, isn't she?

By India Knight's reductionist assertion that we only slate SH because we're jealous of her for being pretty, SH must be absolutely green over Esther.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
They speak to her briefly on the phone and ask her about weird beauty products/treatments and says she sent a product testicles.
I feel like I've ruined the magic a little.
I'm just going to run with the version in my head :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 5
In the wee small hours I glanced at some old threads here and Dawn O'Porter did actually block SH at one point on Twitter. There was a tweet from someone saying '@Salihughes you haven't missed anything since DP blocked you - she is still a tit atm'.; Possibly from the same person who wrote '@Salihughes I read and enjoyed your Porter bashing very much. x'.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
I don’t see why asking her about Botox on insta is trolling. People frequently ask her how does her skin look so amazing, and never once have I seen her mention Botox. So it seems entirely fair enough to ask her about it.
There’s the level of deception around her answers as well. When she posts the pic of the five-six products in her current night routine, people ask a variation of “is this why your skin is so good” and the response will be “a good routine helps, yes”

In other words duck no but that won’t keep me rolling in the big bucks because you poor fuckers would be less likely to buy all this crap.

Nothing disrespectful was ever said here about her parents or her relationship with them. The only mention of her parents was - in the context of 'honesty' - about seeming discrepancies in different articles and posts about her background.
I think that’s a really important point to make as well. A lot of the discussion here was due to discrepancies in ALL her stories. Did she meet her husband on twitter or when they were both wearing diptyque in a department store? (For example). If it was all clear there wouldn’t be anything to discuss.

And for the record I don’t think anyone gives a damn how she met her husband etc, it’s just that how can there be discrepancies in ALL these things? Does she reinvent stuff every time she gets (or got, lol) a new commission? Is it not clear in her head? Or (my view) she likes to claim everything for herself (eg we met online, we’re so modern as well as, we’re so into perfume that’s part of our meet story). Very odd for someone who goes to great lengths to peddle herself as honest. Almost like she’s telling herself...

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
So frustrating that she can just say what she likes about what was actually said and her dim followers believe her.

There’s the level of deception around her answers as well. When she posts the pic of the five-six products in her current night routine, people ask a variation of “is this why your skin is so good” and the response will be “a good routine helps, yes”
I don't believe these influencers use most of the products they shill. SH has that skin disorder, so there's no way she'd be piling on loads of random, untested products. She's mentioned before that friends and family "help her test"...but what does that mean? Nothing. Anyone can slap this stuff on and say "yeah, that felt nice".
How CH gets through the stuff she goes through in her videos, I have no idea - so clearly her whole family are using it all, not her. Although I think she uses more of them than SH, judging by how CH makes little comments about her skin being irritated/red/pigmented/peeling/spotty "just now", which I think is more truthful.

Also, you have to use products for at least a month to see any benefit and for your skin to get used to it (it took me 6 weeks to see any improvement from my Ordinary regime last year) Just how much time does she have?

Reactions: 2
Esther Walker is properly gorgeous, isn't she?

By India Knight's reductionist assertion that we only slate SH because we're jealous of her for being pretty, SH must be absolutely green over Esther.
This is so utterly sexist isn't it? To use Sali's favourite Film Critic comparison, is a male film critic jealous of a pretty male film director if he doesn't 100% like the film?

• Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.