Sali Hughes #12 This is not a thread. It is not paid for, not sponsored, nor required by Sali

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her columns reminds me of the word bingos lawyers used to have at work with points for including odd words in court cases.

They also remind me of how much the guardian uses language that made younger me feel too uneducated to read it

• Haha
Reactions: 8
She is rubbish at describing scents. Musc Ravageur apparently smells like a vanilla coke float but is also bold and grubby?!
she is totally rubbish at it. Whoever told you it was one of your strengths LIED to you Sali. You just come over as pretentious and trying too hard.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
On the topic of perfume, I ordered the perfume parlour version of Mojave Ghost and oh man I love it. Byredo is overpriced and overhyped IMO but yeah I’ve been smelling my own wrists for a week so there you go 😂
Oh I didn’t know they did a copy of this, my favourite perfume ever. I’ll have to take a look as Byredo is just a rip off. Thank you!
In other news one post on here has led me to being blocked on twitter and Instagram.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
She has that one high eyebrow arch thing that too much Botox gives you. Like she’s constantly giving the evil eye 😆
FDE99405-6A96-468C-9819-C0FED306DA53.png

Oh I didn’t know they did a copy of this, my favourite perfume ever. I’ll have to take a look as Byredo is just a rip off. Thank you!
In other news one post on here has led me to being blocked on twitter and Instagram.
Bloody hell, I made a joke recently about Lauren updating her spreadsheet on us all but didn’t think she was still at it. What a life she leads.

Mojave Ghost - it’s fast becoming mine as well. So enigmatic and beautiful. I’m intrigued to know what sapodilla smells like on its own. Tempted by Rose Of No Man’s Land and La Tulipe now 😵

(Btw in case it helps - I am a convert to the perfume parlour oils over the sprays as the scents are more true without the alcohol and longer lasting too).

Reactions: 3
She reminds me of a high school English student doing their best to impress the teacher with overwrought language from a thesaurus.
Orwell's six rules:
  1. Never use a metaphor, simile, or other figure of speech which you are used to seeing in print.
  2. Never use a long word where a short one will do.
  3. If it is possible to cut a word out, always cut it out.
  4. Never use the passive where you can use the active.
  5. Never use a foreign phrase, a scientific word, or a jargon word if you can think of an everyday English equivalent.

Sali, of course, being such an iconoclast ... 💤

Big of character. Deep of pocket ..... tEaChErS oF cHiLdReN 🤪

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Oh wow, same username?
Yep. So looks like she does indeed have a spreadsheet 🙈

Bloody hell, I made a joke recently about Lauren updating her spreadsheet on us all but didn’t think she was still at it. What a life she leads.

Mojave Ghost - it’s fast becoming mine as well. So enigmatic and beautiful. I’m intrigued to know what sapodilla smells like on its own. Tempted by Rose Of No Man’s Land and La Tulipe now 😵

(Btw in case it helps - I am a convert to the perfume parlour oils over the sprays as the scents are more true without the alcohol and longer lasting too).
Thanks for the advice. I can see me spending a fortune trying them out.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
On the topic of perfume, I ordered the perfume parlour version of Mojave Ghost and oh man I love it. Byredo is overpriced and overhyped IMO but yeah I’ve been smelling my own wrists for a week so there you go 😂
Just ordered some!

I got a sample of this. It smelled like grannies.
Right up her alley then

[...] a gentle, casual, deceptively mucky modern musk: think cashmere tracksuit in scent form.
Oh god. So many adjectives, and alliteration to boot. This would never have got by me. Is there no subs desk on the Guardian anymore?

Last edited:
  • Heart
😮 I saw your post and it was just honest and saying you had been a fan and weren't anymore. Hardly trolling or bullying. Sorry but I really think tracking a person down after a post is pathetic.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
How long has L been her assistant? 5 years? 6? Longer? Does she get annual appraisals? Professional development? I'm always thrilled when my assistants moved on and up to bigger things.

SH doesn't strike me as the mentor type. More like the professional jealousy type

"I paid for my lunch." It's a freaking burger. Jesus, can she get any more petty?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.