Sali Hughes #12 This is not a thread. It is not paid for, not sponsored, nor required by Sali

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve only just seen those Tweets (I was blocked ages ago for some minor misdemeanour). If that’s true, then why the heck didn’t she ‘own her tit’ on the Freaky Friday video & say that she’s been a trolling perp but learned from her mistakes? And the more recent EW & OJ stuff is just what - a relapse?! Honestly. And still poor old Lauren Luke. Bet she never got a visit. If Sali winds her neck in & stops bad mouthing people then that’d be one less thing for TL to talk about wouldn’t it.

Reactions: 10
If D'oP did anything, I dont really care if its minor as it seems she kept it private?

I do understand the gut wrench of seeing people write about you.
(I did a FOI/subject access request from uni, and saw tutors writing that I have "undiagnosed MH problems" which they said meant I shouldn't be allowed a year abroad and it really isn't nice (technically discrimination) My face flushed and I was incredulous. What I would do if I was SH was take a breather, and ask someone else to read her, and to summarise the critique for me, so it would feel like less of a personal attack but still give a reflective chance to see how I'd lost my target audience. If SH sees herself as a brand this is an useful and free opportunity for objective market research to inform her how to position herself within the writer/blogger/influencer market and she could be savvy.

Reactions: 5
Joining this thread my concerns were along the lines of undeclared gifts/partnerships, the question marks over treatments/tweakments, the integrity of the guardian column in the face of increased influencer work and how those two roles integrated, the snippy/petulant tone to genuine questions, the seeming lack of interest from someone claiming to be a journalist in what was happening in their industry from a news (as opposed to PR) perspective, what seemed to the rewriting of history of opinions on ingredients/products, etc.

In my mind the LL, DoP, EC examples were only that - examples of hypocritical behaviour as a result of us here being accused of being nasty trolls. To me it seemed hard evidence of how someone expects a different standard of behaviour when it’s directed at them. Even if it was a long time ago it felt to me that it said a lot about someone’s character that it was ever ok to make fun of someone’s face in that way for a laugh and in order to gain likes and new followers.

I need to give it more thought but I have to say.. I am reserving judgement about (what seems to me to be) a new and sudden ownership of stuff evidenced years ago... when it was only ever the sideline and a result of kicking off that these threads ever existed.

I also wonder about the disproportionate focus in tweets about the mentions of her family here. I really don’t think that’s ever been the case? I’d say the vast majority had been on her influencing work? Perhaps the big exception being in the aftermath of rage Friday when it really did feel like everyone’s gloves were off. (And writing professionally about one’s family does not make them fair game but it does muddy the water slightly in my mind.)

Anyway... the reflection continues. And I continue to be appreciative of everyone’s thoughtful input.

Reactions: 10
The over-arching theme that knits all of Sali’s actions together is a “do as I say, not as I do” mentality. Be that squaring the shilling influencer vs impartial journalist circle, the pitching of products rather than ‘owning’ Botox & fillers; the online viciousness that she can dish out but not take; the peevishness about declaring ads when she claims to care about beauty industry ethics & transparency. All of this under her brand USP of ‘honesty’. It is hypocrisy & double standards. It gets my goat more than it probably should because I feel duped & deceived by someone I once respected & whose opinions I valued. I bought the books & contributed to the Blue Tick status, I improved her engagement rating. Then that all unravelled when TL shone a spotlight on it all & her former fans and supporters were threatened & insulted and we’re now made to feel guilty for not ‘owning our tit.’ It feels unjust.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
It’s a hard one. I’m one of the people who like a lot of Sali’s content and actually enjoy influencer content in general (after the first ‘stupid me’ moment of believing they were actually looking for the perfect black jacket, nude lipstick etc vs selling it to me 🤣).

But I did find the Esther thing at the time pretty bad, it was, I don’t know.. vicious?! Also, the bit about Dawn apologising seems like shoehorning in an oblique reference to ‘well it wasn’t all me, she did something too’ which, I dunno, maybe is unnecessary. Anyway, I’d be a tit influencer as I’d hate knowing people’s opinions so it’s not a job I could do.

Reactions: 8
Interesting. On Dawn's podcast with Matt Haig recently he asked her if she had ever heard of Tattle Life and she said 'No - what is it?' - so just wondering which trolls SH asked her to address?

I have some sympathy with the fact that tattle threads come up when you google someone. Is there a way to only view threads if you’re logged in? Didn’t the GG forums work like that? SH’s main argument seems to be that this is so public.

Reactions: 2
It is public & easy to find via a Google search - as was the video she made that drove most of the people here who read/contribute to this thread. This whole situation would’ve been a non-event if she’d played her hand differently. But that video was a post-rationalisation of her own dubious & stalker-y online behaviour - liking photos of TL contributors children on FB, looking up their jobs & locations on LinkedIn, issuing threats to ‘out’ people to employers etc.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Out of interest I googled SH and Tattle results didn't come up on the first few pages. I don't know if they eventually come up as I didn't keep looking

Reactions: 3
Ah, sod her. Even her Dawn O'P "apology" admission was a conduit to express how much better she is than other people that also witch on the internet. "I saw she was hurt so I stopped, but the Tattle trolls won't..."

She's still a nasty piece of work, as are the rest of the coven, she's just better or more inclined to hide it behind being passive-aggressive.

Reactions: 8
Ah, sod her. Even her Dawn O'P "apology" admission was a conduit to express how much better she is than other people that also witch on the internet. "I saw she was hurt so I stopped, but the Tattle trolls won't..."

She's still a nasty piece of work, as are the rest of the coven, she's just better or more inclined to hide it behind being passive-aggressive.
And it's hardly the same thing, a small handful of randoms on a niche forum vs SH and the coven on Twitter.

Here:

.....and this regarding Esther and Giles.
Those screenshots - her excuse that she didn’t realise how it would hurt her is a bullshit excuse. And that she didn’t have many followers.
She’s just a mean girl, and the only reason she apologised was because it’s making her look bad.
If someone was apologising to me for bullying me online (which is what she’s been doing) and then shoehorned in that I had also apologised I would be pretty annoyed - it’s not a proper apology and it’s her deflecting the blame.

Reactions: 15
She also said she was sorry Dawn was hurt and she stopped being a cow online when that became apparent . She also disclosed that she ripped the piss out of her before knowing her.

She doesn’t regret her being part of the coven who enjoyed laughing at Dawn , that’s what I’ve interpreted from what she said.

Also wasn't there evidence of tweets that someone told them that Dawn knew but they carried on? Not sure if SH was one of the people who carried on though.

She does completely give the wrong impression of the tone of this thread though. Evident by the number of people who have come here after her video and expected absolute monsters yet been surprised about how tame it is. Not sure if this is deliberately done, or whether she genuinely doesn't read here and the people reporting back to her and not giving the full picture.

I haven’t had a chance for a proper catch-up. Some very thought out and well crafted posts here considering you are cave dwelling sides of beef.

I digress, but only to point out a couple of ‘insults’ that WE were called.

If Sali has apologised to Dawn and Esther, good, she should have. She was whipping up a Twitter feeding frenzy, deliberately. Her insults aimed at them were very public, I think her apology should also have been public. Not sure Lauren Luke has been mentioned as getting an apology, perhaps her lack of blue tick status meant she wasn’t worthy. Or perhaps trampling all over someone to get the job you want is considered fair game.

Twitter is a public social media platform used by individuals, companies, etc etc. Tattle is not that. I don’t wander on to many other threads so not sure what the level of vitriol is there, but it hasn’t been seen much on Sali’s threads.

I am not interested in Sali’s family, husband, parents, not in the slightest. I am interested in her shady sales pitches, disingenuous admittance to her tweaks and smidges in articles and posts, her complete inability to take criticism, her complete unwillingness to accept anothers opinion if she doesn’t share it and her shocking double standards, why? Because she is an Instagrammer/Influencer whatever you want to call her. By her own admittance she isn’t a journalist. Her prime objective is to sell to you, not care about you and if you can afford it, that there is the schill.

To sling her saddle onto the back of public discussions about Caroline Flack, trying to gain sympathy, is a disgrace in my opinion. Caroline could have been anyone, her saddle would still be there as once again, it suited her purpose right here, right now.

For what it’s worth, I didn’t know too much about Caroline Flack apart from my Auntie loving her on Strictly. She presented shows I don’t watch so can’t comment on what she did. The loss of her life, any life, in those circumstances is brutal. The press, the media organisations who groom these people and then discard them might one day have someone at the helm with an actual beating heart in their chest who will think twice.

p.s. Apologies for typos/bad grammar, coffee break drive by posting

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.