Sali Hughes #12 This is not a thread. It is not paid for, not sponsored, nor required by Sali

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I only came here when SH mentioned this place in her histrionic video. I'd never heard of it.
Yep, me too.

I thought she'd be all over the sad news about Caroline Flack so that doesn't come as a surprise.

I didn't know that D O'P was good friends with CF - How awful for her. As well as the terrible pain of losing a friend it may also act as a trigger regarding her own experiences. I hope she's OK and getting support.

I think if SH was genuinely remorseful about the bullying from her and her (self described) coven she'd leave Dawn alone to grieve in peace.

Reactions: 10
Yep, me too.
Me three! And a teacher of children (not in the UK, so everyone can breathe a sigh of relief).
Didn't know anything about her online behavior prior to reading threads about her, so thank her for directing me here. I own every post I wrote, every snarky/bitchy remark regarding her writing, passive-aggressive hashtags and whatever else. And I've restrained myself in almost all of them (a saint, I know). If that makes me a sad, deluded turd-troll hybrid, so be it.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Sorry for delayed response, by the way. Have been dealing with premature birth of triplets! 😬 They arrived day after election. I blame Corbyn. He gets so much tit, why not blame him for that too! 😝
OMG missed this! Massive congratulations 🎉🎊

No complaints at SH's properly flagged ad for estee lauder, for the new foundation she suggests she's been continuously wearing for free since last year, having asked for repeated press samples. Bravo!

Just laughing at how many foundations she's flagged during that time as being personal favourites/best in class/blah blah...there was a whole campaign for bobbi brown of stuff she can't live without, then her foundation series, and that's just scanning through a few months of instagram.

Seriously....it's not just SH, it applies to all shillers, but now they're having to flag things as ads, it means the hyperbole becomes ludicrous given the speed and number of #ads.

Reactions: 8
:m :m :m :m :m :m :m :m :m :m :m :m :m :m Huge congratulations, @GTL Old-Timer 🎉
:m:m:m:m:m:m:m:m:m:m:m:m:m:m:m:m

This weekend has definitely given me pause for thought, as some of you know from private messages.
Then, yesterday evening I read SH's messages which I interpreted as her asking for us to stop commenting and an acknowledgement that she's acted in ways she's not proud of in the past (not that I think she's required to atone for stuff in public).
She referred to comments continuing after she has spoken about the harm they've caused. She's said this a few times, I'm not aware of when she has actually said they've caused her harm or upset her. Possibly in the original video but because that also contained exaggeration and wilful misrepresentation of comments here, I dismissed it as more exaggeration.
Anyway, realising it's the closest SH can probably come to saying she's hurt by the stuff here, I'd kind of made up my mind to stop posting.
Then she mentioned me, using my initials and, in my opinion , misrepresenting tweets I'd sent her at the start of September (still up @salihughes @la_elvista, if anyone cares. I can't be arsed with a tit for tat about it.) I was livid at the manipulation and the doubts I'd had went straight out of the window.
I have enjoyed posting here, SH is right about that. I have really laughed and have enjoyed making others laugh. I've enjoyed being a witch and feeling righteous. I've also gone too far when experiencing a very prononced manic episode. And because of the nature of bipolar mania, I've enjoyed that too as well as at times feeling disturbed by it (if you've ever taken acid, the heightened emotions of biploar mania are very like that but lasting a month or two). Judgement and perception of boundaries also get fucked up during a manic episode.
Anyway, I'm not making excuses. I'm not passing judgement on anyone else posting but I think I'm going to stop posting here.
I don't think the threads are trolling (they're not intended to provoke a response from the subject) and I think a lot of what SH does is worthy of scrutiny.
Apologies for long boring post.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Hmm, not convinced she's suddenly had a Road to Damascus moment and suddenly correctly labelled the EL foundation as AD but anyway.

I wish these companies would stop adding SPF to their products. Saying it's SPF 45 will not give SPF 45 protection, as women aren't going to use the recommended 1/4 teaspoon for their face in foundation. So SPF 45 spread uber thinly as foundation is, is likely to be SPF 10/15 which is pointless.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
T
I honestly don't believe I've ever posted anything over the line on here. I've never been nasty in my posts. All I write about is when influencers break the rules and behave questionably. I don't see that as bullying or hate or trolling. I wouldn't dream of sending people abuse directly on social media, or writing anything abusive on here. I feel like forums like this only started when influences starting deleting any comments and feedback that weren't glowing praise. Why should they be above any scruitiny? I certainly aren't in my job, and I'm glad of it as it makes me work better and improve.

I don't think I have any tit to own in regards to posting here.

But at the same time, if Sali is saying this forum is affecting her mental health then that does make me uneasy. Especially in light of what has happened to Caroline. Although no longer a fan and irritated by how she gets away with pulling the wool over her followers eyes, and seems to have gotten away with being a bully herself, I don't wish any ill to Sali at all.

To be honest I wish I could just tweet her or have a conversation with her about it, and her to own her tit and admit where she has been wrong. But any mention on Twitter you can imagine how she would respond..
Totally agree. I feel terri
:m :m :m :m :m :m :m :m :m :m :m :m :m :m Huge congratulations, @GTL Old-Timer 🎉
:m:m:m:m:m:m:m:m:m:m:m:m:m:m:m:m

This weekend has definitely given me pause for thought, as some of you know from private messages.
Then, yesterday evening I read SH's messages which I interpreted as her asking for us to stop commenting and an acknowledgement that she's acted in ways she's not proud of in the past (not that I think she's required to atone for stuff in public).
She referred to comments continuing after she has spoken about the harm they've caused. She's said this a few times, I'm not aware of when she has actually said they've caused her harm or upset her. Possibly in the original video but because that also contained exaggeration and wilful misrepresentation of comments here, I dismissed it as more exaggeration.
Anyway, realising it's the closest SH can probably come to saying she's hurt by the stuff here, I'd kind of made up my mind to stop posting.
Then she mentioned me, using my initials and, in my opinion , misrepresenting tweets I'd sent her at the start of September (still up @salihughes @la_elvista, if anyone cares. I can't be arsed with a tit for tat about it.) I was livid at the manipulation and the doubts I'd had went straight out of the window.
I have enjoyed posting here, SH is right about that. I have really laughed and have enjoyed making others laugh. I've enjoyed being a witch and feeling righteous. I've also gone too far when experiencing a very prononced manic episode. And because of the nature of bipolar mania, I've enjoyed that too as well as at times feeling disturbed by it (if you've ever taken acid, the heightened emotions of biploar mania are very like that but lasting a month or two).
Anyway, I'm not making excuses. I'm not passing judgement on anyone else posting but I think I'm going to stop posting here.
I don't think the threads are trolling (they're not intended to provoke a response from the subject) and I think a lot of what SH does is worthy of scrutiny.
Apologies for long boring post.
I've also had a long think. I think I have mostly been fair here, calling for greater transparency and accountability. I feel manipulated by SH in the past and suspect she used her 'honest friend' persona to recommend products to me which were not genuine recommendations, but for companies she was paid by. If I've ever crossed the line on this thread I've done so out of disappointment and hurt. That doesn't mean I want to hurt SH or her family. I felt her video manipulated the valid concerns of her fans, which were being supressed elsewhere and she wildly misrepresented the conversation here, and so I also felt she was probably misrepresenting the hurt she felt. I'll continue to check in here, reducing my time anyway as my own mental health has also improved lately so I am tentatively going back to work. I know Sali doesn't read here but I am sorry for any hurt I've caused her or others. And I do hope this also causes her to reflect on how her being opaque can cause hurt and distress to others. She's also good at her job cos I do still feel influenced by the stuff she recommends! Even though I don't buy....

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’m pretty sure there were some less then complimentary things said about Caroline Flack on either SHB or the first GTL page - regarding her age and Harry Styles - both of which were not *private forums* and easily findable via google.
anyone on those pages might be worth giving it a search.

Reactions: 3
Sali has been criticised here for her lack of honesty and professionalism.

She sells cosmetics and skincare on behalf of giant corporations and is deeply offended because we discuss it.

She has treatments such as Botox and other skincare interventions yet insists her glowing flawless complexion is down to what particular cream she is endorsing that particular week.

She (and her sidekick) stalked the accounts of those she suspected wrote less than glowingly about her, she couldn’t stand Charlotte Tilbury Ltd being accused of bullying and her ( by association)being dragged into it.

Her children haven’t been discussed and I don’t recall her Husband being called names. She mentioned her Mum dying but again, I don’t recall anything negative started from this site .

Reactions: 8
Hmm, not convinced she's suddenly had a Road to Damascus moment and suddenly correctly labelled the EL foundation as AD but anyway.

I wish these companies would stop adding SPF to their products. Saying it's SPF 45 will not give SPF 45 protection, as women aren't going to use the recommended 1/4 teaspoon for their face in foundation. So SPF 45 spread uber thinly as foundation is, is likely to be SPF 10/15 which is pointless.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.
Yes! I am dead pissed off that for 10 years I believed i was protecting my skin. I am genetically predisposed to skin cancer, and was also on roaccutane and using boots moisturiser with spf - i kick myself now. I think I read that Canada are banning the promotion of spf in makeup for this reason.

Reactions: 5
Sali has been criticised here for her lack of honesty and professionalism.

She sells cosmetics and skincare on behalf of giant corporations and is deeply offended because we discuss it.

She has treatments such as Botox and other skincare interventions yet insists her glowing flawless complexion is down to what particular cream she is endorsing that particular week.

She (and her sidekick) stalked the accounts of those she suspected wrote less than glowingly about her, she couldn’t stand Charlotte Tilbury Ltd being accused of bullying and her ( by association)being dragged into it.

Her children haven’t been discussed and I don’t recall her Husband being called names. She mentioned her Mum dying but again, I don’t recall anything negative started from this site .
Exactly this. Plus she is often unkind to/about others on Instagram and twitter so she is a total hypocrite.

Reactions: 2
I’m largely in the camp of its fairly mild on here. I joined after the Friday announcement by Sali and it’s been very much focussed on her stealth selling and lack of transparency around her paid interests with key brands - mainly ELC and also how she reacts to any sort of questioning on her channels.

However I’ve had a think and tried to see it from her perspective and I know I wouldn’t like it if I was in her position and it would make me feel bad. I also know that I’d be taking a long hard look at my actions and doing some self reflection - who knows what Sali is thinking and feeling really? I really don’t wish any ill on her at all and if anything I’ve posted has really affected her health then I’m sorry for that.

Im completely and utterly fed up of social media and I’m going to take a break from it all, I don’t think anyone knows what they’re doing with it it - celebrities, influencers, regular people coupled with the fact there is money and livelihoods at stake makes it a more toxic environment to be a part of.

I don’t think anyone is perfect and we all like a witch and a moan at times - sometimes even a piss take, but if that’s really damaging someone then I’m super uncomfortable with it.

This is not directly aimed at anyone on this thread and I include myself in everything I’ve said above.

Just feeling very weird about the whole thing.

• Heart
I’m not sure that she’s done much self reflection. I mean why would DOP have ‘apologised profusely’ to her? She didn’t do anything wrong?

Reactions: 5
.I know there are some very harsh threads here but Sali’s thread concentrated on her making a living off the back of other women buying what she advertises and her lack of honesty, I think we’re entitled to dissect her role of Saleswoman and the “Pretty Honest” banner she likes to hold up.

I joined Twitter off the back of things mentioned here and it’s a poisonous place 😲 far worse than here . I agree that I don’t know why Dawn has to apologise to Sali, or was Sali referring to Esther , who also has nothing to apologise to Sali for.

She doesn’t hold back when it suits her , I know it’s Owen Jones but she’s not caring too much about his mental state is she?

Attachments

• Wow
Aye, 'desperate manic liar,' nice ableist language there.

I've said some pretty bitchy things here and happy to own that, never ever directly contacted Sali on Twitter etc.

I also rest well knowing that I have never ousted a single mother from their job, who didn't have the connections or blue tick buddies to back her up. I'm sure that would have had an effect on Lauren Luke's self-esteem and mental health? Nor did I gloat about it in interviews or with my friends about it on Twitter.

• Sad
Aye, 'desperate manic liar,' nice ableist language there.

I've said some pretty bitchy things here and happy to own that, never ever directly contacted Sali on Twitter etc.

I also rest well knowing that I have never ousted a single mother from their job, who didn't have the connections or blue tick buddies to back her up. I'm sure that would have had an effect on Lauren Luke's self-esteem and mental health? Nor did I gloat about it in interviews or with my friends about it on Twitter.
I fully agree with everything you’ve said, just to add , like you , I’ve not ever contacted her via other social media channels. I’m happy to own my comments here and the fact I do talk about her here ( I don’t do it anywhere else).

Let’s not forget how she was happy to record herself berating a train passenger ( bag on seat drama) then releasing it for her followers amusement , she’ll readily humiliate others when it suits her.

Last edited:
.I know there are some very harsh threads here but Sali’s thread concentrated on her making a living off the back of other women buying what she advertises and her lack of honesty, I think we’re entitled to dissect her role of Saleswoman and the “Pretty Honest” banner she likes to hold up.

I joined Twitter off the back of things mentioned here and it’s a poisonous place 😲 far worse than here . I agree that I don’t know why Dawn has to apologise to Sali, or was Sali referring to Esther , who also has nothing to apologise to Sali for.

She doesn’t hold back when it suits her , I know it’s Owen Jones but she’s not caring too much about his mental state is she?
What’s that about?

Let’s not forget how she was happy to record her berating a train passenger ( bag on seat drama) then releasing it for her followers amusement , she’ll readily humiliate others when it suits her.
I had forgotten about that as well.

Irony is, that had she not had the Friday moment, this thread would probably be up to #5 or #6. She continues to mention it on Twitter, it's only going to drive more traffic here.

I'm also getting bored of SH being a hanger-on in the wake of Caroline Flack's death.

The Samaritans themselves warn against apportioning blame in the wake of someone's suicide. She's using another person's tragedy for her own use, making the equation of Tattle = poor mental health = suicide. It's out of line.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.