Sali Hughes #12 This is not a thread. It is not paid for, not sponsored, nor required by Sali

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also wasn't there evidence of tweets that someone told them that Dawn knew but they carried on? Not sure if SH was one of the people who carried on though
Yes, it was Emma Kennedy.

Lots of thoughtful posts on here, I've been reading them with interest. I too would hate to think that I'd affected somebody's mental health adversely by making unkind comments.

Saying that, I don't *think* I have but agree its important to self reflect.

Reactions: 2
To sling her saddle onto the back of public discussions about Caroline Flack, trying to gain sympathy, is a disgrace in my opinion...

The press, the media organisations who groom these people and then discard them might one day have someone at the helm with an actual beating heart in their chest who will think twice.

p.s. Apologies for typos/bad grammar, coffee break drive by posting
What is the saddle metaphor?

- I dont follow Caroline Flack but is there strong reference to the media impact as the reason? It's not unheard of for people with credible allegations for abuse against them often to implode when faced with the legal ramifications. Who is to say that if she had the same allegations against her in a parallel world where she wasnt famous that there wouldn't be the same (sad) outcome?

She didnt take her own life after a newspaper article, she took it after information from the CPS came through.

She also disclosed that she ripped the piss out of her before knowing her.
I found that strange too. Her argument against here has long been about "trolling" strangers on the internet, then she uses it to defend attacking Dawn as though that's a mitigating factor in her own case 🤪

I'm also wondering about these friends and family members who apparently read here and report back to her. She has an oddly skewed perception of what's said here and I do wonder whether there is some Schadenfreude at play to explain it, or at least some perverse delight. How else to account for the exaggerations, omissions, and outright lies?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Just a few observations (from a deeply disturbed mental internet person, so take that into consideration, please), since so many of you have written excellent posts, I could sign bellow each one.
Every so often the thread slows down and when does it get the most activity? It's not even when her column gets out, because they are boring us away, or when it's some disclosing issue, but I'd say that it's when she tweets about this place or references it.
I understand that it must be hard to read someone taking a piss at your writing, but that comes with the territory (especially when you write about a scrunchie or a convoluted perfume piece), as she's said with the whole Ester Coren thing. She omits or blatantly lies about the issues raised here, and in a lot of the cases, it's about the general influencer practices, not just her. Not to mention how the threads sometimes turn into support groups which was great and many of us found a safe place to talk about our MH and medication. Furthermore, recall some conversations getting shut down immediately, not just on the topic of SH, without name calling and with minimal tension. Does that happen on Twitter and IG? I don't have an account on either, so can't say, but doubt it. And I'm not about to join reddit and get lost in that mastodon. Btw. do influencers mind reddit? I haven't heard anything about what is written there.
None of the above takes from the fact that I've made fun of her column, writing style in general, inconsistencies, interviews etc. Nothing she and her coven haven't done, or anybody else for that matter. I do have to say, again, that there was a lot of restraint. If there is a way to get a closed group or something to bypass the searchability or whatever it is, I'm all for it! In my case, if all of you haven't been such an interesting and fun crowd, I wouldn't have bothered.
And I trust you're all saving your money for the new EL foundation.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Agree. If this thread dies, it won't be out of fear or regret, it will be out of boredom at SH's growing irrelevancy. People want more than barely veiled advertising, which is what IG offered in its early days, but not any more

Reactions: 14
@Tesla's Ghost @melfish Nail on head...

This is why I’m running myself around in circles.

If I had the time and inclination I would go back and read the threads from day 1 just to recap the comments and situations she’s describing. I did do that in September when I joined after the Friday episode. I came over here after her video as I was genuinely shocked and concerned (based on what she was saying) as I couldn’t believe that people could be so awful (again according to her video). Then when I got here and read the threads it really bloody annoyed me that there was nothing like what she was describing on the threads. I thought there must have been another site or group somewhere else... at that point in time I had grown to be ambivalent towards her content ... that was before I had read this thread. When she sent lots of us over here it made alarm bells ring because her version of events was so different to what I was reading that I couldn’t believe she was talking about the same place. That’s what made me question her initially.

Reactions: 9
I wonder if there is any truth in her and Lisa Eldridge falling out or her not liking Lisa for whatever reason?

The thing is, I'm more interested in chatting with you lot, I don't see you as "internet people" as I communicate with a lot of you daily and am somewhat emotionally invested :D Having a big closed thread would spare us this ethical debate while the influencers can't even spell ethics. I don't know. Just a thought.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I really think we weren't doing anything different than comments under articles (that allow them), snippy, bitchy, critical, overreaching sometimes, yes to all, but not lying. However, when someone latches to a thread about a current tragedy and hints at their own mental health, I don't want anything to do with it (regardless whether I believe it or not - see, even writing this can be turned into a whole pile of tit).
FFS, we didn't even celebrate GTL's return and having triplets properly!
On the other, third, whatever hand, as it was pointed out, they are selling us not only products but silhouettes of themselves they call brand.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Just a few observations (from a deeply disturbed mental internet person, so take that into consideration, please), since so many of you have written excellent posts, I could sign bellow each one.
Every so often the thread slows down and when does it get the most activity? It's not even when her column gets out, because they are boring us away, or when it's some disclosing issue, but I'd say that it's when she tweets about this place or references it.
I understand that it must be hard to read someone taking a piss at your writing, but that comes with the territory (especially when you write about a scrunchie or a convoluted perfume piece), as she's said with the whole Ester Coren thing. She omits or blatantly lies about the issues raised here, and in a lot of the cases, it's about the general influencer practices, not just her. Not to mention how the threads sometimes turn into support groups which was great and many of us found a safe place to talk about our MH and medication. Furthermore, recall some conversations getting shut down immediately, not just on the topic of SH, without name calling and with minimal tension. Does that happen on Twitter and IG? I don't have an account on either, so can't say, but doubt it. And I'm not about to join reddit and get lost in that mastodon. Btw. do influencers mind reddit? I haven't heard anything about what is written there.
None of the above takes from the fact that I've made fun of her column, writing style in general, inconsistencies, interviews etc. Nothing she and her coven haven't done, or anybody else for that matter. I do have to say, again, that there was a lot of restraint. If there is a way to get a closed group or something to bypass the searchability or whatever it is, I'm all for it! In my case, if all of you haven't been such an interesting and fun crowd, I wouldn't have bothered.
And I trust you're all saving your money for the new EL foundation.
I don’t know about skincare advice on Reddit but I’ve been down a Mumsnet subreddit and it was truly scary( not even exaggerating).

I admit right here, I want the EL foundation .

I don’t need it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
I don’t know about skincare advice on Reddit but I’ve been down a Mumsnet subreddit and it was truly scary( not even exaggerating).

I admit right here, I want the EL foundation .

I don’t need it.
Me too and I am definitely getting myself to John Lewis at some point for a try 🤣

foundation is my weakness though...just bloody love it

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Mumsnet subreddit and it was truly scary( not even exaggerating).
Mumsnet has a subreddit! :LOL:

Speaking of foundations (see, that's what I love here as well)
foundation is my weakness though...just bloody love it
Mine too, and the last one was an expensive mistake - YSL touche eclat foundation; says radiant, luminous; clings on every dry patch and some I didn't even know I had! Texture seemed nice on my hand, had a discount so was trigger happy, and now I'm stuck with it and making it work somehow.

Although in spirit of influencing I bought a Mac foundation (first one ever) a few weeks ago and I LOVE IT. It’s called Waterweight... so nice

Mine too, and the last one was an expensive mistake - YSL touche eclat foundation; says radiant, luminous; clings on every dry patch and some I didn't even know I had! Texture seemed nice on my hand, had a discount so was trigger happy, and now I'm stuck with it and making it work somehow.
Mix it with moisturiser?!

I've said it here before many times but I'm convinced LE is the celebrity makeup artist referenced in Pretty Honest
What, what’s the tea? I don’t have Pretty Honest?
Seems odd because she never invited her to her bathroom series on YouTube or talks about her products.

What, what’s the tea? I don’t have Pretty Honest?
Seems odd because she never invited her to her bathroom series on YouTube or talks about her products.
Have no idea If / what went on. I love Lisa - she’s a creamy complexioned dream

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Although in spirit of influencing I bought a Mac foundation (first one ever) a few weeks ago and I LOVE IT. It’s called Waterweight... so nice

Mix it with moisturiser?!
I do that or with an illuminating primer, but even then it's kind of crap on my skin. And I wouldn't classify it as dry, but normal to combination.

The subreddit: It was the breakaway one we joined when ‘SarahStratton’ was banned for the ‘David’ debacle. It was nasty and I backed out without trying to upset anyone ; there were two sub-sub Reddit’s taking each other on, I’m not even mildly exaggerating .

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.