Sali Hughes #11 A red lip, a pink tight, a leopard boot - how very singular!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Jelly Bean I've missed you!

@Mselvista yes I see what you mean re.The issue being how ok it is to write about it. Personally I like writing which is a bit daring even if the author is being an arse and the more people write about things, the less weird the rest of us feel.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
SH dances on the head of a pin to avoid declaring sponsorship. We all can see what is going on. She gets out on a technicality every time. Seriously the amount of Jo Malone mentions recently has been ridiculous. I'm not surprised she hates here - we 👀her shenanigans, so all too easy to call us vindictive trolls rather than informed critics. Her Guardian presence gives a bit of respectability to the rather tawdry influencer line she has adopted.
It is tawdry, isn't it?

Reactions: 6
@Jelly Bean I've missed you!

@Mselvista yes I see what you mean re.The issue being how ok it is to write about it. Personally I like writing which is a bit daring even if the author is being an arse and the more people write about things, the less weird the rest of us feel.
Thank you! I've missed here. I've been in the back of beyond away from SM (not my choice but no reception at my Mum's). Last time I was away I came back to Freaky Friday and 1000s of posts. This time just SH being her normal silly self and pretending never to come here and being an expert about all films. Reassuring.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I don't understand why you would want to rape someone for being annoying?

I suppose like any sexual violence it's a way to exert power and control over someone.

This kind of joke might have been normalised for him, but for me it reads as wildly inappropriate and unfunny.

If this gets picked up I'd be surprised if there are no consequences for him.

Reactions: 7
It’s a knee-jerk hard-try cool SM language. There are plenty of other ways to be edgy and build a memorable public persona.

In all fairness it seems to be an acceptable line of talk with many of them. I really want to get into their heads to see if at the moment of posting they get a little turned on by their own coolness.:cool:

Reactions: 2
They are all mummy bloggers?

It’s a knee-jerk hard-try cool SM language. There are plenty of other ways to be edgy and build a memorable public persona.

In all fairness it seems to be an acceptable line of talk with many of them. I really want to get into their heads to see if at the moment of posting they get a little turned on by their own coolness.:cool:
ugh, it's desperate. It shows a lack of wit and class

Reactions: 4
The pageantry posing line is nauseating. There are at least 2 there who are obviously thinking ‘how did I end up here?’

Also can someone explain why SC is in the middle- is it because she is the tallest, or the biggest BB supporter, or the strongest representative of the patriarchy at a beauty launch :sick:

Hmm, Sali kept that quiet, didn’t she! Still Samantha Cameron used to be somebody important at Smythson, didn’t she, so no doubt Sali has met her “heaps and heaps of times” 💅.

Reactions: 1
Of all the things I expected to be doing this year, joining a discussion largely about a writer/influencer to whom I'd previously given little thought was not one - but I'm very pleased I did. Happy new year all!

Reactions: 12
I agree. GC clearly doesn't care if he makes a tit of himself and that is an admirable quality. I think he has a public persona that he plays up to. It could seem duplicitous or it could be a way of preserving one's sanity - any criticism isn't of "the real" you.

Blake Morrison did something similar in As if. There's a passage about undressing hus daughter for bed which is set up so the reader assumes he's undressing a lover. Also a description of his daughter sitting on his lap and him getting an erection. The fuss at the time was whether he should have written about it rather than suggesting there was something paedophilic about it. But that was the 90s and he's a *poet*.
(I found the joke about killing/burning the fictitious child or raping them first funny. Obviously not everyone's taste but not sure what consequences he should have faced for what clearly a joke in bad taste.)
Oh, a *poet*. That’s fine then 🙄
And you find a ‘joke’ about “killing/burning the fictitious child or raping them first” funny?? FFS.

I don't understand why you would want to rape someone for being annoying?

I suppose like any sexual violence it's a way to exert power and control over someone.

This kind of joke might have been normalised for him, but for me it reads as wildly inappropriate and unfunny.

If this gets picked up I'd be surprised if there are no consequences for him.
It was a while ago. No consequences.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.