Sali Hughes #11 A red lip, a pink tight, a leopard boot - how very singular!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Happy New Year to all of us with faces like a side of beef :m:m:eek::sneaky:;).

To many more days on Tattle in 2020 ripping the absolute piss out of those social meedya arses and luvvies who think they are above criticism and contempt.

Reactions: 10
Sali commenting on Dolly Alderton’s Insta post - can’t be “you look nice” or “have a great time”. It HAS to be about her.
8214A581-D3A0-4A4B-B311-4BB5EAABCF69.jpeg

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
We SERIOUSLY need an 'eye roll' option on here 🙄
Yes plus the inevitable 'I was there first' inference.

Just been reading the Esther Walker article. Fascinating. She is saying that any mentions or IG posts of a product, if you are involved in a campaign for them, have to been signed off by the company. So I was remembering SH spontaneously popping into the BB shop to view their 'Can't live without....' campaign (featuring herself) and saying clearly she wasn't asked to do it and wasn't paid to do it. Ditto prominently using BB on a getting ready on the train IG. But this is where the blurry line becomes fuzzier. Just because she wasn't paid extra specifically for those pictures, and they possibly were spontaneous, doesn't negate the fact they are adverts does it?
I suspect that sometime in the future someone like Caroline Hirons will dismiss this practice airily with a 'oh everyone knows it goes on all the time. You'd have to be incredibly naive not to realise that' implying the fault is on the part of the gullible punter.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 18
I always eye roll hard when an influencer puts a product from a current or past campaign in an IG live or YouTube monthly favourites video and makes a massive deal out of saying *this* mention is not sponsored or paid - they make out as if it lends extra authenticity if they worked with a brand and then featured the product again outside the contract. But I struggle to see it as anything other than a freebie or extra value for money for the brand.

OF COURSE you should genuinely like the product you were paid to feature... shouldn’t you? The mental gymnastics are extraordinary.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
It’s probably in the contract that they have to do one or two mentions “unpaid”.

Reactions: 5
...Or even if not in the contract, just a little 'freebie' to ease the relationship along...perhaps to demonstrate an account's very latest stats just as price negotiations are going on behind the scenes for a campaign later in the year....

Also, thank you for posting a pic of the Esther article - very amusing that she gets in a dig about it (perhaps) making her a neglectful mother. I think we all know who that was aimed at...

Reactions: 7
Sali did glitter last December as well. https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/2018/dec/01/best-eco-friendly-glitter-beauty-sali-hughes

In that one she said you can "sparkle with impunity" with eco glitter.

In the one this year she didn't pick eco brands, just said to bin the glitter after you remove it rather than put it down the plughole.

Interesting that she chose Glossier just after interviewing Emily Weiss.

On the glossier website, the aggregate reviews give it 2.8 out of 5 with lots of people complaining that it stings their eyelids, that is is very difficult to remove and about the fact it is made of PET plastic.

Yes plus the inevitable 'I was there first' inference.

Just been reading the Esther Walker article. Fascinating. She is saying that any mentions or IG posts of a product, if you are involved in a campaign for them, have to been signed off by the company. So I was remembering SH spontaneously popping into the BB shop to view their 'Can't live without....' campaign (featuring herself) and saying clearly she wasn't asked to do it and wasn't paid to do it. Ditto prominently using BB on a getting ready on the train IG. But this is where the blurry line becomes fuzzier. Just because she wasn't paid extra specifically for those pictures, and they possibly were spontaneous, doesn't negate the fact they are adverts does it?
I suspect that sometime in the future someone like Caroline Hirons will dismiss this practice airily with a 'oh everyone knows it goes on all the time. You'd have to be incredibly naive not to realise that' implying the fault is on the part of the gullible punter.
It's an ethically iffy way to earn a living, isn't it? I wonder how an influencer justifies it to themselves? Because no matter which way you turn it, ultimately you are manipulating women to sell unnecessary stuff. It's not a noble or praiseworthy or even morally neutral occupation (which I guess is why you set up a charity as a side gig or finagle a column in a respectable newspaper)

• Heart
....and she still has to to highlight her own achievements despite Dolly’s obvious excitement.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
....and she still has to to highlight her own achievements despite Dolly’s obvious excitement.
Likes to steal thunder, does Sali. Why oh why couldn't she just say, "That's amazing, congratulations!" like a non-narcissist?

How hard is it to just allow someone their moment, instead of making it about you?

• Heart
Reactions: 14
SH has been trying to write a novel without success for at least 10 years (her old CV website proves that). Dolly Alderton represents where SH wanted to be in her career by now, but isn't.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.