Sali Hughes #11 A red lip, a pink tight, a leopard boot - how very singular!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Someone called LucieToblerone on Twitter has started a thread slagging off Caitlin Moran, and referencing what she had said about David Bowie in the past. Many people are agreeing with her..

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Someone called Lucy Toblerone on Twitter has started a thread slagging off Caitlin Moran, and referencing what she had said about David Bowie in the past. Many people are agreeing with her..
I don’t really do twitter but have got it for instances such as this 😁, I can’t find this Lucy though , what am I doing wrong?

Does anyone listen to the High/Low podcast with Dolly A & Pandora Sykes? It’s brill.
I do and agree. I posted about it upthread - and out of laziness I've cut and pasted what I said then.

'Does anyone listen to The High Low podcast by Pandora Sykes and Dolly Alderton? One of the things I love about them is their readiness to acknowledge having got something wrong (if, for example, listeners write in correcting something in the previous podcast). Rather than be defensive, Pandora/Dolly will typically say something like 'Thanks for letting us know. We need to inform ourselves better about that'.

There was a similar example today. Pandora tweeted something which a couple of people took issue with. In reply she explained what she had meant, apologised and ended by saying 'Will be more thoughtful next time'. I find that such a winning approach.'

It's the opposite of SH's know-all, never-wrong, defensiveness isn't it?

Reactions: 13
The CM - Bowie Twitter thread has a gif of her face for photos 🤪, I won't link it, because it's against the Geneva convention.

Oh, Sali did wish us a happy new year: and thank you so much if you’ve supported me by reading a column, buying a book (...)
As the few remaining people reading your column, you're welcome!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Does anyone listen to the High/Low podcast with Dolly A & Pandora Sykes? It’s brill.
Yep - I’m feeling a bit sad that they are off air for a few months as Pandora is on mat leave, but she didn’t take any time off after her first so good for her .

I love the recommendations and discussions they have, really interesting.

I also love Fortunately with Fi Glover and Jane Garvey - it’s like a great big cuddle

I do and agree. I posted about it upthread - and out of laziness I've cut and pasted what I said then.

'Does anyone listen to The High Low podcast by Pandora Sykes and Dolly Alderton? One of the things I love about them is their readiness to acknowledge having got something wrong (if, for example, listeners write in correcting something in the previous podcast). Rather than be defensive, Pandora/Dolly will typically say something like 'Thanks for letting us know. We need to inform ourselves better about that'.

There was a similar example today. Pandora tweeted something which a couple of people took issue with. In reply she explained what she had meant, apologised and ended by saying 'Will be more thoughtful next time'. I find that such a winning approach.'

It's the opposite of SH's know-all, never-wrong, defensiveness isn't it?
Yes! They are willing to be shown another perspective and actively encourage discussion and debate.
So accepting of the ‘grey’ areas - they are not afraid to sit on the fence (so to speak) and consider other points of view. They are fully aware that life is not black or white, right or wrong. I really like that this explore this nuance.

Reactions: 6
Jane Garvey and Fi Glover are both terrific to listen to , both are great broadcasters ❤

Reactions: 2
I'm surprised Sali hasn't given her tuppence worth on Lucie Toblerone's tweet seeing as she considers herself the foremost expert on Bowie

• Haha
SH picks her battles, she knows when and whom to answer back to. These lot would have her for breakfast if she started and as we’ve all read there is only one side of the pile on SH likes to be on.

Reactions: 7
Yep - I’m feeling a bit sad that they are off air for a few months as Pandora is on mat leave, but she didn’t take any time off after her first so good for her .

I love the recommendations and discussions they have, really interesting.

I also love Fortunately with Fi Glover and Jane Garvey - it’s like a great big cuddle

Yes! They are willing to be shown another perspective and actively encourage discussion and debate.
So accepting of the ‘grey’ areas - they are not afraid to sit on the fence (so to speak) and consider other points of view. They are fully aware that life is not black or white, right or wrong. I really like that this explore this nuance.
Someone needs to tell Sali that you don't have to have a staunch opinion on everything. Life isn't binary, and it's OK to say "I don't know"

She does love to rank things too, even biscuits, and no dissent will be tolerated

• Haha
Reactions: 8
SH picks her battles, she knows when and whom to answer back to. These lot would have her for breakfast if she started and as we’ve all read there is only one side of the pile on SH likes to be on.
Yes, she didn’t take on Decca after she ripped Lauren to shreds a few weeks back.

She is still going on about her culinary triumph, baked potato with Marmite :sick:

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.