Sali Hughes #11 A red lip, a pink tight, a leopard boot - how very singular!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes the little tips and tricks you can learn off people like Katie Jane Hughes, Harry makes it up etc are great. Even the Chapman sisters ... I went back and watched some of Mary Greenwell’s videos on YouTube and they were fantastic - so good watching these artists at work

Reactions: 1
@RayRayJay I second/third/eighth the salicylic acid recs. I use Omorovicza Acid Fix, which is AMAZING for this but it costs an arm and a leg (even though I bought it at 30% off), so I’m not saying buy that one (but if you have any sachets...). I rarely get spots, but if I do I dab a bit of that on and they are gone within a few hours. Witchcraft.

The Ordinary make a salicylic acid at a budget price. Also good for ingrown hairs from shaving, fun fact!

BC1AB50E-E189-49B5-A797-829C8CA102BD.jpeg
You know, you don’t have to make everything about you, Sali.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Superdrug has published a trends report - feels “inspired by” the one John Lewis regularly publishes.

SH has a column - I kept waiting for it to get interesting or make a point - as does Jane (well written) and Estee Laundry and a few others. It’s interesting how Estee Laundry is now established as the counterpoint view, the space it feels influencers used to occupy.

Is hair crimping really on the way back? 😬

https://www.paperturn-view.com/?pid=NzA70992

You know, you don’t have to make everything about you, Sali.
she can’t help herself. It must have come from just shoehorning herself into everything over the years, friendships, cliques, jobs, you name it. I doubt anything of much value has ever happened organically for that woman, everything is manufactured. Effortless is a world that eludes her.

Reactions: 5
It really was shoehorned in. The silly joking about SH fancying GC wasn't anything to do with GC having a sock account.
But SH's clumsy segue gives me an idea for my own clumsy segue. Talk of the one year anniversary of GC's sock being exposed reminds of another anniversary which had quite slipped my mind.
It's 10 years since the Christmas period of 2009. What was significant about that Christmas? Saintly Hughes spent Christmastide 2009 slagging off an easily identifiable private individual for shits, giggles, follows and retweets. Only replies and manual RTs remain, of course. But the amount of these strongly suggest that SH spent A LOT of that Christmas on Twitter taking the piss out of the individual who is very much not a public figure. On a forum her sons and sons' friends could read as well (one of the criticisms she made about us posting here). Not at the time of course, they would have been too young, but now or in the future. It seems like Sali really didn't think it through when she was trashing (and I would suggest making stuff up about) this person for attention. Did SH really try and posit herself as some sort of guide and arbiter of modern manners in her Pool columns?

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
It really was shoehorned in. The silly joking about SH fancying GC wasn't anything to do with GC having a sock account.
But SH's clumsy segue gives me an idea for my own clumsy segue. Talk of the one year anniversary of GC's sock being exposed reminds of another anniversary which had quite slipped my mind.
It's 10 years since the Christmas period of 2009. What was significant about that Christmas? Saintly Hughes spent Christmastide 2009 slagging off an easily identifiable private individual for shits, giggles, follows and retweets. Only replies and manual RTs remain, of course. But the amount of these strongly suggest that SH spent A LOT of that Christmas on Twitter taking the piss out of the individual who is very much not a public figure. On a forum her sons and sons' friends could read as well (one if the criticisms she made about us posting here). Not at the time of course, they would have been too young, but now or in the future. It seems like Sali really didn't think it through when she was trashing (and I would suggest making stuff up about) this person for attention. Did SH really try and posit herself as some sort of guide and arbiter of modern manners in her Pool columns?
She’s undoubtably one of the biggest hypocrites we have the pleasure of discussing.

Reactions: 11
The Apartment is on BBC2. I predict a SH or her minions tweet about the film (‘LOVE’) or Shirley MacLaine (‘FACE’).

• Haha
Reactions: 5
The Apartment is too sardonic for me. Don't care for that type of comedy :m:m:m

So dark? Sorry what? It’s working in a shop not working in the vice squad of C.I.D. The desperation to sound woke and cool is so cringe. I’ve worked in retail and Christmas is tit but at least its busy and the hours pass by quickly. I found it worse when the weather was sunny and hot and I was stuck in a shop.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
So dark? Sorry what? It’s working in a shop not working in the vice squad of C.I.D. The desperation to sound woke and cool is so cringe. I’ve worked in retail and Christmas is tit but at least its busy and the hours pass by quickly. I found it worse when the weather was sunny and hot and I was stuck in a shop.
I second this - worked in retail for about nine straight Christmases. It was mostly fun, people happily spend and are usually in a good mood. Maybe her diamond shoes were just too tight.

Reactions: 3
I second this - worked in retail for about nine straight Christmases. It was mostly fun, people happily spend and are usually in a good mood. Maybe her diamond shoes were just too tight.
Caroline Hirons has always stated it was hard work but great fun doing beauty shop floor retail.

Sali’s doing her “.. been there darling , I know!” <she’s pretending she knows 😉>

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.