Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Theodore

VIP Member
So now it’s train vloggers content.
I'm sure her subscribers will gobble it up because it’s a genre they don't know but Jesus Christ. Does this woman no longer have a single original idea in her head?

Reactions: 2

emm

VIP Member
I sincerely doubt they'll stick to their Tuesday livestreams, they have such terrible work ethics despite having so many resources available to them.

I like Safiya a lot and enjoy her content but find it so frustrating that they hardly put anything out. I wouldn't mind if this was a hobby for her, but this is her job.
yeah I really don't get how they are supporting themselves tbh

mrshb91

She’s posted on her instagram sto that they’ve acquired a 50 gallon pot.. more mixing & melting content on its way then!

• Wow

SkinkaareFan

VIP Member
I remember a couple of months ago someone tweeted asking if she was and OK and she said no but I don't think she elaborated. I had thought maybe she was pregnant but not sure how that would make her incapable of doing her job?

Found the tweets but she has said she's going through stuff.

Screenshot_20200809_175658_com.twitter.android.jpg

Screenshot_20200809_175631_com.twitter.android.jpg

• Sad

mcilliers

I am a fan of Safiya's, but her eating foie gras in her celebrity chef restaurant video like its nothing is really offputting. This was probably not intentional. She did however take more than a month to edit and upload this video, so would it be unreasonable to expect more research on the topic?

• Angry

howaboutnot

I just caught up with the live-stream they did on Tuesday. Saf in particular seemed a bit nervous, but it was really cool to see her and Ty being spontaneously awesome with one another. Here's hoping that the live-streams help boost their confidence

daisy2809

Chatty Member
I know they're friends but I just discovered HopeScope and I feel like she's a much easier to watch version of Saf. I do really like Saf don't get me wrong, but her videos are just too long and too produced sometimes

Theodore

VIP Member
Is Safiya not pulling in enough $$$ without dong the NordVPN promo? Jesus Christ. Greedy?

Puddypants

Chatty Member
Who the hell knows? Bugs me because Saf genuinely is my favourite youtuber, I love the effort and detail that goes in to their videos. Compared to the average UK youtuber they are brilliant. Just wish it was a least a couple of uploads a month!
Agree with this 100%^^^^

emm

VIP Member
She just posted an update post on youtube which contained a link to a blog where she explains where she's been:

wow that's a long post.. I skimmed bits, I don't get how they were so chronically behind all the time? even before this hiatus their posts were sporadic at best

D_Wills

VIP Member
I generally love all Safs videos but this one was hard to get through. So much talking! Almost too much information!

zuzu

Yeah that video had me crying. It’s always so lovely to hear stories about rescue animals and they clearly adored him.

SkinkaareFan

VIP Member
I think they agonise over everything so everything takes forever; I’m not sure if it was discussed on here or GG, but for one of their wedding videos they searched for hours and hours for a specific 3 second clip from Kleinfeld.

RE: loosening up, I really love their engagement video, partly because it was “less polished” and more natural feeing than their regular content. I love their wedding video as well, but it would’ve been extra lovely to see them switch off and enjoy the experience, rather than have Safiya walk through the decoration choices on her wedding day.
Agree with everything here. The Kleinfeld clip is the exact thing I mean about putting alot of pointless shit in her videos. It's just not needed?

I also don't understand why she went through her weeding with a camera like a documentary. She should have switched off and just uploaded whatever the videograoher gave her or not uploaded at all! I did love their wedding but it just didn't seem like they switched off which is sad.

It also means she is unlikely to get new subscribers does it, the whole algorithm really makes it important to post regularly at the same time
Exactly. She used to do long videos once a week so I'm not sure why she can't do the same now? I know she was struggling before with comments she was getting but you're going to get that when you put yourself online.

londongirl2001

VIP Member
I’m very late to Safiya and only recently done a bit of a binge watch of her videos. I really like her, even though not every video‘s content is exactly my thing. I loved the Vegas videos, even though I’ve been to Vegas and hated it :D but she makes things interesting, she shows what people want to see and gives useful information.
I have to say it was a good thing she did a voiceover during the footage of the day she thought she had lost her wedding ring in that hotel; she looked like she had been crying all day. But she is professional enough to not dwell on that (especially since it was her fault AND she got it back).