Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

zuzu

I think they agonise over everything so everything takes forever; I’m not sure if it was discussed on here or GG, but for one of their wedding videos they searched for hours and hours for a specific 3 second clip from Kleinfeld.

RE: loosening up, I really love their engagement video, partly because it was “less polished” and more natural feeing than their regular content. I love their wedding video as well, but it would’ve been extra lovely to see them switch off and enjoy the experience, rather than have Safiya walk through the decoration choices on her wedding day.

Reactions: 6

Theodore

VIP Member
Latest video on her main channel… mixing all the hand sanitisers together. This is wearing a bit thin now.

AlwightDallin

VIP Member
I enjoyed the dress video but let’s face it she has a team of people doing all the hard work and she just does the front end bit, she had a hopescope clip in her video and I prefer hope for clothing content. Thoroughly fed up of mixing every x from y store videos though. Kinda boring and horribly wasteful.

eyeballs

VIP Member
She talked about this, she got a lot of stick for her voice and stopped making videos for a while. I feel bad for her, it’s her actual voice. I think she had to train herself to change (especially in the very recent videos) I can hear a big change.

sleepingsatellite

Chatty Member
I dip in now and then to her videos, loved the recent one about making soap cupcakes. She seems to put a lot of work into each video which must take time, but I wonder if she can afford to leave big gaps because of her existing following and content generating enough cash? Not sure how it all works with YT tbh.

Apple In My Pie

VIP Member
She has in the past given away loads of the ‘Frankenproducts’ to subscribers. I think it was the lipstick. I’m sure she made LOADS of it and gave it away. She did it with something else too and I can’t think what. I think that’s nice and although not the most environmentally friendly thing to do at least she‘s not making things and then keeping them never to be used. I think that’s just as bad if not worse.

bunnyboo

VIP Member
I love how relaxed her cat is, that he just sits on a cushion in the car chilling lol. My cat would never be able to that chill and just sit there for hours on end, enjoying the scenery.

That roadtrip looked amazing too, I'd love to travel across the US like that.

sleepingsatellite

Chatty Member
Do you guys think her videos are good for the environment? How is it entertaining to ruin the planet?
I watched her bath bomb video yesterday, and the amount of ‘stuff’ involved to eventually come up with four franken-bath bombs was a bit much. You wonder what happened to all the discarded bath bomb powder and the plastic containers she kept them in after smashing them up. Using two food processors - are they good for food use after a bout in the dishwasher? And then buying a bath bomb press which was no small piece of kit. I’m sure some stuff can get resold but still, a lot of stuff to use for a 30 minute video. I will admit I was more concerned that she didn’t wear a mask blending all those bath bombs, I can’t stand the smell of Lush but putting them in a food processor and getting a face full of bath bomb dust each time can’t have been good!

Reactions: 5

Amyx1518

VIP Member
Sorry if I missed it but is Saf pregnant? I thought that would explain why they want to move sooner than later (eg. after the pandemic). What an amazing journey, I bet it was an incredible experience!
No, nothing has been said either way but I don’t think she is. She has clearly struggled this past year and a half or so with her mental health; you can see it in the way she is now. I hope she’s feeling happier soon, I really do.

Amyx1518

VIP Member
I love her, I just wish there were more videos as I’ve watched them all now! Tyler is fantastic, such a sweetheart and their wedding was idyllic! Big fan here.

Amyx1518

VIP Member
Crusty died :( when they went to the art gallery and got their art work and she started crying in the voiceover, I was in bits! And I don’t even like animals. I feel sorry for them; her especially. She didn’t need more trauma.

• Sad

Theodore

VIP Member
If this livestream is a temporary thing that’s designed to force them through the “block” they seem to have when it comes to production then fine. I can see how it would help them to go with the flow more and accept that it’s ok to publish content that isn’t 100% planned and perfect. But oh my, they’re boring. Why do they have to be 90 minutes? Those three devices could have been demonstrated and commented on in 30 minutes. Just speed the whole thing up for heavens sake! Everything is done in such a considered manner, even cutting the ends off a carrot. It’s mind numbing.

Vanessajenkins

Safiya already had a massive following because she worked for Buzzfeed. Her audience migrated with her when she left the company.

I like her videos. The experiments are fun. I agree with the poster above though - the waste doesn’t sit right with me.

oshare

VIP Member
Yeah, not going to watch the latest one, and I’ve honestly just watched one before. Who’s the audience for this and why? I don’t get it
She's turned into a melting channel now, I don't get it either. I liked the videos where they went to like that candy making store and such, they were fun and interesting to learn more about. But come on, ANOTHER melting video? Tell me you're out of ideas without telling me you're out of ideas

emm

VIP Member
that hand sanitiser video is ridiculous. I hate how wasteful these things are

Italy2

Chatty Member
Do you guys think her videos are good for the environment? How is it entertaining to ruin the planet?

Theodore

VIP Member
Poor Crusty. He was a star. I went from daft smiling at all the memories and cute clips to crying when her voiceover got emotional towards the end. I know all pets are special but I love pussycats so much. They’re so fab. RIP Crusty you were loved 🥰

• Heart

LifeOnInsta

VIP Member
I'm really sad for her cos her videos used to be so good, I binge watched them all ages ago. These lives are just not it

D_Wills

VIP Member
Maybe I'm naive but why on earth does it take literally weeks for them to edit a video? They even have an assistant (2 assistants maybe??). Like I get the videos have good production values but I'm almost certain the audience would forgo some of that for more frequent videos.
Who the hell knows? Bugs me because Saf genuinely is my favourite youtuber, I love the effort and detail that goes in to their videos. Compared to the average UK youtuber they are brilliant. Just wish it was a least a couple of uploads a month!