SacconeJolys #6 They’re constantly in hot water, unlike their poor daughter.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
First day back at school, on inset all staff in school, dinner ladies included had to read , and sign we had read the Dept of Ed latest safeguarding children document. VEry long... The abuse section got me... In the emotional abuse it also mentions children being threatened or being in fear of physical ,psychological or emotional abuse. Well they have both def bloody done that on a number of occasions. Under neglect also comes not meeting the child's emotional needs through emotional neglect/ lack of physical comfort. . It was bloody scary many I could have highlighted for those children obv Alessia first physical contact, emotional care .So it's not just the physical abuse of the cold showers. I bet the local safeguarding team been involved hence silence then utter lies and bullshit to get Out of it.

Withoutacrystalball s video response to the shitjolys using her in their vlog today. Goes into full details of the article they say they read about cold showers. More twisting of the facts as per usual
Homegirl is about to find out what it's like to be the friendliest of friends with the SacconeJolys. LOL she's just getting to know them.

Reactions: 5
What I don't get is they reference the Irish times article which says to use "cold water". They say "cold water" and "cold shower" in the vlog with Alessia but back tracking they say "Luke warm". If you're referencing the Irish times as where you got your advice from it says to use cold water so why did they decide to use Luke warm water and not use the Irish times advice? It's a very messy explanation which when poked exposes holes.

Emelia knew about all this a year before the article was written too. Clever cookie.
exposes assholes.

I don’t think she does the workouts on the weekend does she?

I don’t understand the license thing - there are such strict rules around child ‘performers’ - I don’t see how they can apply to children whose lives are effectively the Truman show?!

There is no way ANY Influencers have Child Performer Licences for YT and IG. Absolutely no way. I'd love to be proven wrong.

Reactions: 17
There is no way ANY Influencers have Child Performer Licences for YT and IG. Absolutely no way. I'd love to be proven wrong.
Unless they are doing performances such as a catwalk show they don’t need them. I work for an L.A and have enquired, it’s a complete loophole.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
I have emailed Surrey social services to report a concern. I’ve watched in horror as this has unfolded over the last two weeks but I cannot just be a voyeur anymore.

As a poster above said, safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility and I’ll be damned if I allow the upper-echelons of society to throw their money around and silence my voice. Money is a mask for many things, but abuse should NOT be one of them.

Sickened and horrified. Thank you to everyone for keeping this conversation going. I can’t bare to live in a society where families like this are rewarded with such fortune for their heinous actions.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I don’t think she does the workouts on the weekend does she?

I don’t understand the license thing - there are such strict rules around child ‘performers’ - I don’t see how they can apply to children whose lives are effectively the Truman show?!
No she never works out on week ends.

Reactions: 2
Emelia knew about all this a year before the article was written too. Clever cookie.
Maybe Emilia was the the source :ROFLMAO: Maybe she told the author that her parents did that and he went on to write an article about it a year later that didn't recommend the shower punishments :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: and "the some parents" that give their kids cold showers have been the SJs all along

Reactions: 9
No idea who these people are? Oh, then let me help you out....she is a lazy...fashionably challenged.... unavailable & generally pissed off mother. The vertically challenged..... mental & mantic midget is the father. They would have a tiny channel if not for those beautiful children. I am hoping that at least one of those children write a tell-all book when they become adults. I CAN DREAM.... RIGHT?
Oh, it is actually possible that one of them will write a book especially Alessia or Eduardo, it would balance that mess, at least.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
I must say Anna's attitude in that video comes off as very dismissive. Far enough she thinks it's rediculous and unnecessary to publish such a response but she seems ticked off she has to sit there and participate, "adding context" :rolleyes:, jokey comments and minimising Jonathan's responsibility. Why sit there? If you don't mean it don't do it, this is why people are not appeased. It just seems to be digging deeper.

Anna's nugget of context: "not warm water"

Jonathan's apology: "I feel like I've failed, and I'd like to apologise to anybody who was upset, um, by, um, my failing to properly think about the context. Maybe it's time I bring someone in to help me with the videos, maybe I need to get an editor, or maybe I need to get someone to look over my videos every single day before I put them up"

It sounds like even Anna doesn't watch the edited vlogs before they go live. I would think that's an obvious thing to do.

The SJs obviously underestimated the amount of people that get upset with......editors??? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
Anna straight away making jokes about feeling like they are doing a press conference. Same way she made a joke about the headband after the cold shower.
I find it really condescending especially with a serious accusation and serious subject like children.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
Anna taking 15 minutes out of her day to approve the content of the vlogs would clearly be too much like hard work!

Besides, it has nothing to do with editing. What they did to Alessia was horrendous - it wasn’t edited to look cruel, it was cruel.

• Sad
Reactions: 36
Yes please, pull a Christina Crawford and go all out.
Oh wow I’ve just read who she was and her story.
OmG poor little girl.

You know what, despite the fact that the punishments aren’t the same, it’s the almost the same situation.

In the fact that then, there was no child protection laws to report children abuse (until 1974, God that’s late) and now there are no child protection laws regarding exposure children on the internet everyday.

It’s sad but I truly think it’s coming.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Anna taking 15 minutes out of her day to approve the content of the vlogs would clearly be too much like hard work!

Besides, it has nothing to do with editing. What they did to Alessia was horrendous - it wasn’t edited to look cruel, it was cruel.
She section's her days off into 30 minute blocks, she couldn't just spend 15 minutes watching the vlog, it would have to be scheduled for 30 minutes, and that would 100% cut into her half an hour snack break or her 30 minute "charge phone" break

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I don't believe for one second that he works within the guidelines for child performers. For a start that would mean giving the local licensing officer access to their household and, as the website for the National Network for Children in Entertainment and Employment says: 'the licensing of child performers cannot be viewed solely as an administrative process. The role of the licensing officer is primarily one of safeguarding and enforcement. It should always be remembered that "a piece of paper" will not protect a child.'

There is an officer assigned to each Local Authority and they have powers of entry if they think a child is at risk.

The rules as they stand are not fit for purpose as they were drawn up before Youtube became a source of income for family vloggers. It lists the circumstances where a licence would be required and says it does not extend to user generated content, 'e.g. where young people or a family record themselves and share it on a website or social media.' But if its a 'performance' on a website then it does require a licence.

Jonathan has always been very careful to say his vlogs are observational, not directed., so not a performance. But obviously there are performed elements to the vlogs.

The law is a mess on this and needs updating, fast.
Are YT children classed as working though? I know they clearly are - but under law, is this the case or can it just be fobbed off as family videos or whatever? Because clearly from those outlines for child performers, no one is enforcing thi
Apparently according to this head’s comment it’s all the nasty people on here who are causing this upset to the poor Scumbagjolys. So not all the other right-minded people who they’ve managed to bribe or threaten into retracting their opinions. 🤷🏻‍♀️
While the pair of them sit there spouting bullshit through fake smiles and gritted teeth knowing that they have no power to control the narrative on here.
I say keep up the good work. 😁

View attachment 36899
This person literally stalks the SJ’s 🙄

Reactions: 5
I'm still shocked at just how bad that video was, it's probably the best their PR can do with the hole they've dug themselves.

The ultimate non apology video, these poor overworked normal people and the only mistake they did is not have an editor to pick up on the awful stuff they said. Didn't Logan Paul use a similar excuse after showing a suicide victim body?

How dare they show Mumsnet and a dead thread and not a screen shot of tattle 😂

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 32
I honestly believe the SJ’s are loving and milking all this drama. The “fans” asking where they are etc, I don’t think this being offline business is because they are worried, I think it’s just to feed the minions worry and interest.

I’m very surprised brands they have been working with haven’t dropped them. Scamp and Dudes message was very middle ground and if you read carefully says nothing about the shower incident but is actually moaning about the comments left on their page. Platter are utterly stupid blocking and deleting messages of concern from people that are 100 times more likely to buy their (incorrectly labelled gluten free 🤣) food then the teen fan base of the SJs, their defence of them is terribly misguided and very bad PR.

Reactions: 13
Has anyone else noticed that in their videos there seems to be cctv cameras in most of the rooms in the house...be interesting to see what they pick up when the camera isn't rolling

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I don't believe for one second that he works within the guidelines for child performers. For a start that would mean giving the local licensing officer access to their household and, as the website for the National Network for Children in Entertainment and Employment says: 'the licensing of child performers cannot be viewed solely as an administrative process. The role of the licensing officer is primarily one of safeguarding and enforcement. It should always be remembered that "a piece of paper" will not protect a child.'

There is an officer assigned to each Local Authority and they have powers of entry if they think a child is at risk.

The rules as they stand are not fit for purpose as they were drawn up before Youtube became a source of income for family vloggers. It lists the circumstances where a licence would be required and says it does not extend to user generated content, 'e.g. where young people or a family record themselves and share it on a website or social media.' But if its a 'performance' on a website then it does require a licence.

Jonathan has always been very careful to say his vlogs are observational, not directed., so not a performance. But obviously there are performed elements to the vlogs.

The law is a mess on this and needs updating, fast.
Jonathan said the kids aren't directed and don't perform? What an utter crock! Those kids have done loads of scripted adverts for vacation destinations. You know, all those cruises and hotels they got to stay at for free because the kids participated in a scripted video.
And what about the God awful black and gold branded clothing and that run down resort in Italy where the kids promote the "disco" and the "Barbie Children's Club". What about the free birthday parties for the kids provided by companies in exchange for video coverage of the children using their services?

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.