SacconeJolys #6 They’re constantly in hot water, unlike their poor daughter.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't believe that a proper investigation was done and I think everything needs to continue to share so that this isn't forgotten. If no one speaks up they will continue using cold showers as punishment because they don't think it is wrong. Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it isn't happening. There are families where you think everything is fine because the kids are too afraid to say anything. It's really sad because they grow up traumatized.
That’s the scary thing about how they are addressing the situation. Skirting around and using word salad and referring to their troll vid and then the cold showers in the same sentence as if they are related. They literally said that they are using a cold shower as punishment. And are now denying it and saying they will now make sure that they edit out anything like that. So it will continue. Those kids are no safer. It is the same disgusting situation as before their video of them lying and gaslighting through their teeth.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 29
It's not that quick to do. It will require a multi agency Safe guarding meeting, all parties will have to write reports, including the teachers so it won't happen in a few days o r a week. Then arrange a date for all agencey representatives to meet , and often includes the headteacher as safeguarding lead for the school. We as teaching staff have to record everyone mark found on children, conversation or observations such as children role p laying. so fingers crossed this is being investigated quietly but following official protocol and govt guidelines but can take a number of weeks. Plus you can bet the headteacher, teachers follow those odious two to see what they are showing and saying, in case there are safeguarding concerns about their kids but others at the school..

Reactions: 21
It's not that quick to do. It will require a multi agency Safe guarding meeting, all parties will have to write reports, including the teachers so it won't happen in a few days o r a week. Then arrange a date for all agencey representatives to meet , and often includes the headteacher as safeguarding lead for the school. We as teaching staff have to record everyone mark found on children, conversation or observations such as children role p laying. so fingers crossed this is being investigated quietly but following official protocol and govt guidelines but can take a number of weeks. Plus you can bet the headteacher, teachers follow those odious two to see what they are showing and saying, in case there are safeguarding concerns about their kids but others at the school..
And maybe they did call him to see if he would admit or deny and now he has denied they know what angle to take with them when they investigate.

Reactions: 9
I don't believe for one second that he works within the guidelines for child performers. For a start that would mean giving the local licensing officer access to their household and, as the website for the National Network for Children in Entertainment and Employment says: 'the licensing of child performers cannot be viewed solely as an administrative process. The role of the licensing officer is primarily one of safeguarding and enforcement. It should always be remembered that "a piece of paper" will not protect a child.'

There is an officer assigned to each Local Authority and they have powers of entry if they think a child is at risk.

The rules as they stand are not fit for purpose as they were drawn up before Youtube became a source of income for family vloggers. It lists the circumstances where a licence would be required and says it does not extend to user generated content, 'e.g. where young people or a family record themselves and share it on a website or social media.' But if its a 'performance' on a website then it does require a licence.

Jonathan has always been very careful to say his vlogs are observational, not directed., so not a performance. But obviously there are performed elements to the vlogs.

The law is a mess on this and needs updating, fast.

Reactions: 27
They also wouldn't call, it would be an official interview in the home... Also talking to the children possibly written record of what they said, role play dolls provided ..and I wonder if that's why there was radio silence during the day , then later they had the hot emergency conference call to the pr agency then the stupid video as pre-emptive damage control in the panic and company stupidity who don't fully understand children safeguarding/ protection. If they did they would have made them shut up for now completely .but knowing the arrogance of the vile pair could have ignored advice .

Reactions: 14
We're witnessing what happens when you let PR and marketing people run the world and it's damn scary.

• Sad
Reactions: 31
I think it’s silly that their fans are genuinely believing that it wasn’t a cold shower. They start the video off by saying it was their mistake because they used the wrong word & then Jonathan didn’t think about it when editing because he “knew the context of the word” however, they then go on to backup the use of cold showers by showing articles online about cold showers and talk about how they discussed it with their nanny and family before doing it.
So if, like they said, it wasn’t a “cold” shower, then why do they need to defend themselves by showing these articles and saying other people basically told them to do it.
I understand being fans of someone & wanting to be supportive, but I’m struggling to understand how their fans can stick up for them on this one.

• Wow
Reactions: 39
I think it’s silly that their fans are genuinely believing that it wasn’t a cold shower. They start the video off by saying it was their mistake because they used the wrong word & then Jonathan didn’t think about it when editing because he “knew the context of the word” however, they then go on to backup the use of cold showers by showing articles online about cold showers and talk about how they discussed it with their nanny and family before doing it.
So if, like they said, it wasn’t a “cold” shower, then why do they need to defend themselves by showing these articles and saying other people basically told them to do it.
I understand being fans of someone & wanting to be supportive, but I’m struggling to understand how their fans can stick up for them on this one.
Cognitive dissonance

Reactions: 19
They’re not apologetic about how they discipline their kids, he’s apologetic for his editing fail which led to this. She starts by grinning like a buffoon and thinks the whole situation is laughable.

I feel like they’re just skirting around the cold showers thing and making it about them; “maybe I need to hire someone to proofwatch the videos” not perhaps “we should engage with the NSPCC or NCT or local parenting classes so we can understand why Alessia is doing this and what we can do to help her understand”

• Angry
Reactions: 41
I don't believe for one second that he works within the guidelines for child performers. For a start that would mean giving the local licensing officer access to their household and, as the website for the National Network for Children in Entertainment and Employment says: 'the licensing of child performers cannot be viewed solely as an administrative process. The role of the licensing officer is primarily one of safeguarding and enforcement. It should always be remembered that "a piece of paper" will not protect a child.'

There is an officer assigned to each Local Authority and they have powers of entry if they think a child is at risk.

The rules as they stand are not fit for purpose as they were drawn up before Youtube became a source of income for family vloggers. It lists the circumstances where a licence would be required and says it does not extend to user generated content, 'e.g. where young people or a family record themselves and share it on a website or social media.' But if its a 'performance' on a website then it does require a licence.

Jonathan has always been very careful to say his vlogs are observational, not directed., so not a performance. But obviously there are performed elements to the vlogs.

The law is a mess on this and needs updating, fast.
Would there be a away to report what is done to these poor children to the council / local licensing officer etc? Like, on a different level than reporting it to the NSPCC, to try if they can get the kids licenses revoked etc?

On another note, this is the second day we've been spared the sweaty workout vlog! It's sooo odd that these narcissists can shut up for so long... when they normally do stories every 5 seconds!

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Would there be a away to report what is done to these poor children to the council / local licensing officer etc? Like, on a different level than reporting it to the NSPCC, to try if they can get the kids licenses revoked etc?

On another note, this is the second day we've been spared the sweaty workout vlog! It's sooo odd that these narcissists can shut up for so long... when they normally do stories every 5 seconds!
I think people need to try all avenues now.

I bet they are dying inside having to stay offline. They probably only feel alive when they are playing up to the camera. If a saccone joly is in a house but the camera’s are not on do they even exist?

• Heart
  • Haha

I don’t think she does the workouts on the weekend does she?

I don’t understand the license thing - there are such strict rules around child ‘performers’ - I don’t see how they can apply to children whose lives are effectively the Truman show?!

• Sad
Reactions: 14
I think people need to try all avenues now.

I bet they are dying inside having to stay offline. They probably only feel alive when they are playing up to the camera. If a saccone joly is in a house but the camera’s are not on do they even exist?

Oh this is affecting them though, don’t worry - how can it be good to even be talking to the NSPCC - brands don’t want any controversy as they just get pestered with negative comments on ad posts. I don’t buy the smiles either - this is damage control. The TROLLS are ruining their life! 🎉

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I have no idea who these people are, only really looked at a thread yesterday, but they sound under utter nut jobs.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I don’t think she does the workouts on the weekend does she?

I don’t understand the license thing - there are such strict rules around child ‘performers’ - I don’t see how they can apply to children whose lives are effectively the Truman show?!
Really? It seems to me we always see her sweaty in the dark! They must have been advised to not say anything... but seriously if the same people thought the video was good, what the duck are they doing?

Reactions: 7
It concerned me that he basically said that we could report it to the relevant services, but the SJs know them and have built a relationship with him, so there is no point essentially

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
Apparently according to this head’s comment it’s all the nasty people on here who are causing this upset to the poor Scumbagjolys. So not all the other right-minded people who they’ve managed to bribe or threaten into retracting their opinions. 🤷🏻‍♀️
While the pair of them sit there spouting bullshit through fake smiles and gritted teeth knowing that they have no power to control the narrative on here.
I say keep up the good work. 😁

57E5035A-206F-4929-A0E9-55DC8A3D79E7.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
I have no idea who these people are, only really looked at a thread yesterday, but they sound under utter nut jobs.

No idea who these people are? Oh, then let me help you out....she is a lazy...fashionably challenged.... unavailable & generally pissed off mother. The vertically challenged..... mental & mantic midget is the father. They would have a tiny channel if not for those beautiful children. I am hoping that at least one of those children write a tell-all book when they become adults. I CAN DREAM.... RIGHT?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
It concerned me that he basically said that we could report it to the relevant services, but the SJs know them and have built a relationship with him, so there is no point essentially
He wants people to think there’s no point and give up. He’s a master manipulator

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Anna straight away making jokes about feeling like they are doing a press conference. Same way she made a joke about the headband after the cold shower.

Nobody has close links with social services in the context they are trying to say they do. They probably just know a social worker...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.