SacconeJolys #3 Cold shower punishments

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Im not saying that a cold shower is ok I totally disagree with it however playing devils advocate.

If this was the way they have been brought up and it has always been a way they discipline their children and that their family discipline their children then this is their normal (again I don't think it is right) Like weaning early I had a mom that weened her daughter at 12 weeks and this was with full on food and giving her Maltese's to suck. I was so shocked and appalled as she was giving her child chocolate at 12 weeks just to see how she would react. As this was normal in her family that they weened so early. In my eyes weaning at 12 weeks with all types of food is extremely dangerous for the child and could cause major problems when older to her it was fine didn't see the problem regardless of health visitors advice because it didn't do her any harm.

Now if they think it didn't do them any harm I can see why they would follow on a practice that they have grown up with.
Now that it has all hit the fan and literally thousands of people have told them this is really not ok maybe just maybe they will stop and think ok just because it was normal for us its not right to do this now.

I guess what I'm trying to say is everyones normal is different until they are told and shown what is ok and what isn't.
They're fully grown adults in their thirties. They know what they're doing. I know plenty of people that were brought up by parents who thought it was perfectly OK to smack them as a punishment, but they have *not* gone on to do the same to their own children now because they know it's wrong. Also, it really is a simple as asking yourself whether you'd like to be showered with cold water in order to be taught a lesson. I'd guess that the vast majority of people wouldn't, so what makes it OK to do this to a defenceless baby? Plus, they have form. They're horrible parents in other ways, this is just one example tbh.

• Angry
Reactions: 25
Im not saying that a cold shower is ok I totally disagree with it however playing devils advocate.

If this was the way they have been brought up and it has always been a way they discipline their children and that their family discipline their children then this is their normal (again I don't think it is right) Like weaning early I had a mom that weened her daughter at 12 weeks and this was with full on food and giving her Maltese's to suck. I was so shocked and appalled as she was giving her child chocolate at 12 weeks just to see how she would react. As this was normal in her family that they weened so early. In my eyes weaning at 12 weeks with all types of food is extremely dangerous for the child and could cause major problems when older to her it was fine didn't see the problem regardless of health visitors advice because it didn't do her any harm.

Now if they think it didn't do them any harm I can see why they would follow on a practice that they have grown up with.
Now that it has all hit the fan and literally thousands of people have told them this is really not ok maybe just maybe they will stop and think ok just because it was normal for us its not right to do this now.

I guess what I'm trying to say is everyones normal is different until they are told and shown what is ok and what isn't.
Sorry what? My brain can’t compute 🤯 blah blah blah BLAH what now?!! ITS NOT OK! Never ever. Even if they were subjected to this as kids. Jog on and hush! bleeping idiot

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Sorry what? My brain can’t compute 🤯 blah blah blah BLAH what now?!! ITS NOT OK! Never ever. Even if they were subjected to this as kids. Jog on and hush! bleeping idiot

not once did I say it was ok if you read that think you may be the idiot!!

People are brought up differently there are still people now to this day that say you should give your kid a slap and they might have more respect. Facebook is full of memes saying if there was mores making of kids then there would be less gangs causing trouble. Again I don't agree with making or cold showers but it that is how they were brought up and that was there normal until they shared it with 1000's of people then that was when they realised its not normal.

Again I don't agree with it I would never do it but I never had it done to me I was also never smacked. People copy learned behaviour just as we saw Emila with her dolls it is clearly something that has been used in their family. (again don't agree with it)

Im not defending them just opening a conversation that it was clearly normal in their homes growing up and that's why they have used it.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
plenty of people that were brought up by parents who thought it was perfectly OK to smack them as a punishment, but they have *not* gone on to do the same to their own children now because they know it's wrong.
Yes, thank you 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 10
They're fully grown adults in their thirties. They know what they're doing. I know plenty of people that were brought up by parents who thought it was perfectly OK to smack them as a punishment, but they have *not* gone on to do the same to their own children now because they know it's wrong. Also, it really is a simple as asking yourself whether you'd like to be showered with cold water in order to be taught a lesson. I'd guess that the vast majority of people wouldn't, so what makes it OK to do this to a defenceless baby? Plus, they have form. They're horrible parents in other ways, this is just one example tbh.

I agree its horrible but different cultures bring their children up differently im really hoping now that 1000's of people have said how awful it is they will stop.

Reactions: 1

People are brought up differently there are still people now to this day that say you should give your kid a slap and they might have more respect. Facebook is full of memes saying if there was mores making of kids then there would be less gangs causing trouble. Again I don't agree with making or cold showers but it that is how they were brought up and that was there normal until they shared it with 1000's of people then that was when they realised its not normal.

Again I don't agree with it I would never do it but I never had it done to me I was also never smacked. People copy learned behaviour just as we saw Emila with her dolls it is clearly something that has been used in their family. (again don't agree with it)

Im not defending them just opening a conversation that it was clearly normal in their homes growing up and that's why they have used it.
Not interested in anything you respond with. This is their normal?!

Reactions: 2

Certainly sounds like you're defending them.

Reactions: 6
Not interested in anything you respond with

🤣 delightful person

Certainly sounds like you're defending them.

im really not just discussing different cultures like people who pierce their childrens ears before then can even talk. I think this is barbaric putting a physical hole in there ears for looks is just awful, yet its legal and happens day in day out because that's normal to some people. To me its exactly the same thing.

@powderpower the problem is that how after they were coping with people who told them it was not ok to put cold shower to wash off their girl poop.
If they apologize for being ignorant due to their childhood, it’s ok everyone make mistakes.
But no.

Reactions: 6
🤣 delightful person

im really not just discussing different cultures like people who pierce their childrens ears before then can even talk. I think this is barbaric putting a physical hole in there ears for looks is just awful, yet its legal and happens day in day out because that's normal to some people. To me its exactly the same thing.
Sorry but where has anyone mentioned ear piercing?! 🤣

@powderpower the problem is that how after they were coping with people who holds them it was not ok to put cold shower to wash off their girl poop.
If they apologize for being ignorant due to their childhood, it’s ok everyone make mistakes.
But no.

yes I totally agree they have brushed it under the carpet and buried their heads which is awful. They should of dine a video apologising and explaining why they thought it was ok, they could of used it to educate all the people that were agreeing with them

• Haha
Reactions: 9
oh really I honestly missed that I thought it was something they had grew up with
What?! 😂😂 so it’s ok if they’ve grown up with it?

yes I totally agree they have brushed it under the carpet and buried their heads which is awful. They should of dine a video apologising and explaining why they thought it was ok, they could of used it to educate all the people that were agreeing with them
What?! 🤣 educate the people who agreed with them? Wow. Give me a minute 🤣

Reactions: 3
Exactly

What?! 😂😂 so it’s ok if they’ve grown up with it?

What?! 🤣 educate the people who agreed with them? Wow. Give me a minute 🤣
No she/he thought the SJs did that because of growing with this punishment themselves.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.