Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

BanditHealer

It's very sad. I do wonder about celebrities who don't seem to feel able to get a normal job after the fame stops. He said on Loose Women he'd beg to get on reality shows, but I didn't read anything about him working in a 9-5.

• Sad
Reactions: 10

BigBrenda

Chatty Member
Omg I met Bradley by accident 😂. It was last year in Surrey he was shopping with his GF and kids and he was standing outside T.K.Maxx literally loitering, my partner said swear that’s Bradley from Sclub7? I said oh shit yeah it is, he my partner said ask him for an autograph before I answered he said do you want a pic? I said no it’s Ok thank you and walked off, my partner said that was so rude of you. 🤦🏽‍♀️. I didn’t mean to be rude 🤦🏽‍♀️

• Haha

Yano

Chatty Member
Feel like they announced the tour carrying on way too quickly, callously quickly imo. Could have waited until after Paul’s funeral even if they’d made their minds up behind closed there was no need to put a statement out so quickly. Comes across very heartless and dismissive of gravity of the situation.
True but the whole thing is about cash anyway isn't it!

NowIsGood

Chatty Member
The lack of backing dancers does scream penny pinching from Simon Fuller (no surprises there!). Back in the day on the carnival tour they each had a backing dancer to bounce off. For the amount of money they charge for big arenas like the O2 you do expect them to pull out the stops and put on a spectacle (recently watched Girls aloud at the O2 in 2008 and the backing dancers absolutely made the show!)

How much notice did they give today? Sucks if you booked a hotel or travelled far!

• Heart
Reactions: 9

gossipgirlxxo

VIP Member
I have tickets for the tour if it goes ahead its going to be so bittersweet I'll definitely be shedding a few tears 😢
It starts in 6 months, does anyone else feel it’s a bit too soon? I don’t think they’ll cancel though, they need the cash

thatstupidcat

Simon Fuller put together and managed S Club 7 and the kiddywink band that came later. He was the bloke who walked away with around £200 million from the Spice Girls while they left with a couple of million each tops. Fun fact about Simon Fuller: the Pop Idol and American Idol shows were his creation. When Simon Cowell tried to take X Factor to the US, Cowell had to pay him a fortune to do so after Fuller sued him.

S Club 7 was a bigger group but with overall less turnover so I imagine individually they made far less than their management’s Spice Girls act.

Still, far more money than pushing trolleys around a Tesco car park or collecting glasses in a pub like a lot of other youngsters their age at the time. I think a some of the lads ended up in panto.

NowIsGood

Chatty Member
They were on the One show the other evening and I thought the chemistry between them all was awful.....

They claimed to be going for a night out after, but that was one bad vibe. I don't know why they're doing this now, it seems an insult to Paul rather than a tribute.
The interviews have been just so deadly dull.
It would be so nice to hear some stories of Paul/ the old days ect, but obviously Fuller has a strict set of questions that can be asked, as every interview has been identical with exactly the same questions and the same person answering their allocated question.
Tina can't seem to string a sentence together 🤣 like yeah... You know... So like yeah

Very uncomfortable all round! Seems nothing has changed since that iconic liquid news interview!

hol20x

VIP Member
It starts in 6 months, does anyone else feel it’s a bit too soon? I don’t think they’ll cancel though, they need the cash
I'm in two minds about whether it'll go ahead, they've obviously only planned a tour cos they need the money, but it would be a bit weird to go ahead when something this tragic has happened.

gossipgirlxxo

VIP Member
God that interview is heartbreaking, but I did wonder why she did it as well. Im also wondering if it wasn’t suicide by how she was saying things. Bless her though

• Heart

NowIsGood

Chatty Member
Do we think Paul's cause of death will ever be made public? RE the band's name, could Fuller possibly be trying to distance the S club brand away from what may have been a drugs related death? (speculation of course).
Whatever the reason, I feel deep down they probably knew Paul wasn't mentally or physically in the right place to do a reunion, but as the above poster said, this tour was only ever about money from the get go.