Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I used to work in a recruitment agency and one of our younger clients who was at senior manager level in his field, used to be in an early 2000s rock band when he was in his late teens and early 20s. They were always on kerrang! In their heyday, won some awards I think, and I even had a pic of him on my school planner lol. He apparently left the band to go to uni and did very well for himself professionally as it turned out, but none of the music stuff made it on to his cv, he was able to move past it because he was great at his job. This band was not as famous as s club 7 but I feel like if Paul had retrained and gone into a different career, things could’ve gone better for him, after all S club was more than 20 years ago now and he wasn’t super recognisable to the average adult.
It’s true what you are all saying and probs would have worked, but it only takes one nob doesn’t it, or in this day of the media, a ‘journalist’ to come in taking pics etc. loose women did a number on him really, and that was meant to be ‘gentle’…. I get the feeling he was v concious of himself and it maybe put him off. Suppose it would for a lot of people who are known, despite what normal people might think, especially if you have been told you’re special and everyone knows you for a long time in that vacuum.
Sadly I bet this will be used as another ‘precautionary’ tale of how the media, public etc treat ‘stars’ for a week and then it’s back to normal with the rags and paps.

Reactions: 10

Pinkii

VIP Member
Feel like they announced the tour carrying on way too quickly, callously quickly imo. Could have waited until after Paul’s funeral even if they’d made their minds up behind closed there was no need to put a statement out so quickly. Comes across very heartless and dismissive of gravity of the situation.
its obviously all about money to certain people ala fuller.. its a great time for him to push the tour whilst people are sad for Paul.

don’t think rest of the band have much of a say tbh. Manufactured and controlled as they always were

LByrne74

VIP Member
I've seen it noted on Twitter that on 4 April, S Club 7's official account tweeted an old photo of them, but it was a pic of only 6 of them, without Paul. Whether it was done without thought and is just a coincidence, who knows.
Screenshot_20230408_124953_Twitter.jpg

• Wow

Cloudbusting

I was not massively shocked about Paul passing away because he's come across as fragile for some time and I remember when he was trying to sell his Brit award on eBay years ago and how upset he was that shows like I'm A Celeb didn't want him, and felt bad for him at the time.

Whatever the cause of death, I am sad that someone still relatively quite young has gone and I really feel for the remaining band members, you can tell they are utterly devastated.

I feel like so many people who were big names when I was in my formative years have died, a fair few not that old like Paul was. I am not quite 40 myself but it feels like a lot of people I grew up listening to/watching/reading, etc, have left us way before what should be their time and it's depressing.

• Sad
  • Heart

poppyseed1

VIP Member
I've seen it noted on Twitter that on 4 April, S Club 7's official account tweeted an old photo of them, but it was a pic of only 6 of them, without Paul. Whether it was done without thought and is just a coincidence, who knows. View attachment 2086185
Oh Jesus that’s very odd ??? Could have been an easy mistake by the team but could be upsetting if he saw it

lilyannrose

VIP Member
Exactly. A 500k house about 15-20 years ago in London would be nearly a mil now. So she basically pissed all her money up the wall and expects the public to feel sorry for her.
It's all just click bait shit to promote some crappy tour they will do.

Can't these bands get some dignity and just live normal instead of running to the press. Who seriously gives a shit about a talentless band from 20 years ago 😑😖
There is something sad about tweeny pop bands refusing to let go of the fact they were once famous for a bit. It must be hard but I think ultimately they'd get more respect if they accepted they had their day in the sun and just lived "normal" lives when the time comes. Trying to cling to the industry long after their moment causes more harm than good.

AllSeeingEye123

VIP Member
Yeah and earlier today was out and about putting on a brave face but couldn’t make the announcement she wasn’t going on tour herself
Agreed there appears to be more of it. People lose a parent and go back to work quickly. She finds out an ex from years ago has died and can't now do a tour that's months away wtf.

Tryger88

VIP Member
It has Fuller written all over it. Seems unnecessarily callous.
1st they allow an exclusive interview while he's still warm then try to completely erase him, it's almost like it's a punishment, surely taking the 7 away is something you'd do if a disgraced member left.

They must have all had some input in this, all so desperate to make some money that they cant make rational decisions, I hope they fail miserably.

margaretta

VIP Member
This just came up on my feed, is she still using this to stay relevant? Is she no longer with her partner? She looks like an alcoholic to me, aged a lot in the last year or so

I think you're perhaps being a little harsh. A year is no time at all to come to terms with a bereavement, particularly someone so young who you'd previously had a relationship with.

Yes, knock her possible drug and alcohol issues, but not Paul's death. It is probably still very raw for her.

BanditHealer

If this tour goes ahead, I'll be shocked. People have had the opportunity to see a fraction of the S Club members in far cheaper and smaller venues over the years. Is anyone going to be bothered about seeing 5/7?

PeteM

VIP Member
Well it's safe to say that they won't tour again. This is one final cash grab, albeit a very lazy one.

InkHeart

Chatty Member
Oh wow, I'm in floods watching that. I wonder if she's already been told the cause of death? You can see her kind of shake her head after she says "He was so excited for the tour," as if she's shaking her head in disbelief that this happened when he had seemed happy.

MISpy

Wasn’t Jo living in a caravan park and had an addiction to Fruit Machines ???
Or have I dreamt that ?

• Haha

lira

VIP Member

She's harsh on herself. To look at she was my favourite in my school days but then every guy I knew like Rachel more and generally agreed Tina was the worst looking of the four females. Odd me liking Jo as generally I am brunettes over blondes 9/10 :D
I didn't find her big in the slightest, I just found her less appealing because she was the gobby one.

• Heart

InkHeart

Chatty Member
Are we not going to remark upon the fact that Paul said the tarot cards said the tour was going to go very well? I'm beginning to think he wasn't a very good psychic...

• Haha

NowIsGood

Chatty Member

Seems Paul was mentally in a bad place, but if the contents of his email was so disturbing, why is she mentioning it at all? Unfair on his family to have Hannah splashing his mental state all over the Sun.

RandomFrog

What?
That’s the main bit
It wasn't that noticeable that the big chunk was missing. I mean the lyrics are literally Paul's getting down on the floor...I think it's understandable they got rid completely rather than take Paul & Hannah out or even just Hannah, saves the drama I guess