Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Glaschelle

VIP Member
I think some of the Sugababes invested in property?

Although there were about 10,000 people in that band over the years so I’m sure one of them ended up in property through sheer probability.
I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure Martin Compston from Line of Duty said his dad told him to buy a house when he started getting regular acting gigs. And Martin is a text book working class scottish guy.

Never understand why these pop star types don't buy a house so they'll always have a roof over their heads.

Reactions: 9

gossipgirlxxo

VIP Member
Sorry to divert from the Hannah/Paul chat but onto S Club Juniors for a sec… how cute is this!! Aaron and Jay! 😭❤

IMG_7650.jpeg

maytoseptember

VIP Member
Those tour outfits are awful. Tina’s outfit especially, with the over the knee boots and leotard, highlights the chunkiest part of her thighs and makes her look so much bigger than she is.

I have upper thighs like that too, so absolutely no judgement from me. But if someone put me in that get up I’d be crying in front of the mirror!

GalaxyGirl70

VIP Member
They were on the One show the other evening and I thought the chemistry between them all was awful.....

They claimed to be going for a night out after, but that was one bad vibe. I don't know why they're doing this now, it seems an insult to Paul rather than a tribute.

• Sad

NowIsGood

Chatty Member
I think the forest photos were set up by Fuller to get publicity ahead of the tour. It happens all the time, good exposure for the celeb and a cheap way to fill the right hand column of the DM.
There were similar ones with Jo walking her dog not long before and Rachel walking down the street. It's just one of those mad coincidences that they were taken so close to his death 😢

shellie

VIP Member
Someone close to me in their mid 30s was diagnosed with a different heart condition from the ones mentioned for Paul last summer after I encouraged them to get their continuous cough checked out. They’d had feelings of their heart beating rapidly in the lead up to this but dismissed it. It turned out that if they’d left it untreated much longer they would have had a heart attack. They’re on lots of pills each day. The cough is known as a cardiac cough.

Maybe Paul didn’t like to make a fuss if he did have any symptoms of his conditions. It’s so sad that he died so young when things were looking up for him 😢
He might not have even realized as a lot of the time you don't even know something is wrong until it's too late. The comedian Bob Mortimer went to the doctor because he thought he was just feeling crappy and ended up having to get triple bypass surgery as he was suffering from coronary heart disease. As he says, too many think that as long as their heart is beating fine then nothing is wrong. He speaks about it a lot in interviews and always says it doesn't hurt to get checked out every now and again just to be on the safe side. He has gotten through to a lot of people who usually wouldn't listen.

Mayday

VIP Member
I never really understood the 'not famous enough' angle either - I mean they've had influencers on reality shows in recent years (who I imagine the majority of the general public wouldn't know of), and shows like CBB used to have a bunch of random glamour model types. Maybe they were reluctant to let other members of S Club on reality shows after the whole Jo situation?

Plus I'm pretty sure they pay them a flat rate fee for the most part (rather than more famous people making more money), which is why a lot of 'bigger' celebs end up doing Dancing With The Stars in the US instead, as it pays more.

Pinkii

VIP Member
Had they started tour rehearsals? That could have put pressure on his body.

its very sad as I think he was probably the happiest to be back in the band 😞

• Sad

barada9

Glad it wasn't suicide.

He didn't look that overweight, probably a pretty normal overweight person for someone close to 50. But every lb does increase your risk of dying early and most adults are overweight.

• Sad

xvictoriax

Chatty Member
I think the problem in part is their main unique selling point was there were 7 of them, the dynamic now 3 girls and 2 boys is in an essence Steps but arguably without a back catalogue that they have plus Steps released new music to coincide with a tour. Yes they do a lot of their greatest hits but there is still new songs in there, a little something different.
I hope it works out for them but the loss of Paul plus the clear issues with Hannah aren’t helping matters.

InkHeart

Chatty Member
I absolutely never got the fuss about Rachel. She just doesn't look attractive imo - I know it's all subjective! But to me she has small eyes and a big jutting chin and she never looks really happy or engaged, she's only ever doing a fake model smile. I'm not trying to dunk on her, as obviously everyone else thinks she's very attractive, I'm just saying I don't get what people are seeing.

hol20x

VIP Member
I saw them on Monday and the majority was obviously mimed. Rachel and Tina didn't do a very good job of hiding it. It's really disappointing when you pay £70 for tickets and then with travel and accommodation it came to around £200 for me. It was very nostalgic and their tribute to Paul was lovely but I wouldn't pay to see them again.

PeteM

VIP Member
What is Hannah’s problem? She went out with him years ago, they were childhood friends but fell out for a long time and had made peace with it. He died of natural causes so although so very very sad as he was far too young, there is no one to blame, nothing they could have done. So why can’t she face it? Is it just the principle of it? But she was beside herself in that interview. If I was her husband I would be thinking why is this such a deal? People lose family and friends all the time. Sadly life goes on.
That's not fair at all and quite insensitive. Being in a relationship with someone for a few years is a bit different to just being friends. The emotional resonance of things can hit you harder the older you get. You have no idea what's going on in her head, and nor do I.
---
Hannah’s been in several relationships since and they seem serious enough, her pulling out of the tour seems a bit dramatic, whilst also minimising the others grief a bit.
Eh? She was closer to him than the others, having been in a relationship with him. She's hardly choosing to minimise their grief. Nobody knows how they'll grieve for someone until they die, and it would be a hard callous person who didn't respond more intensely to an ex they were with for a while as well as being in a band with them too - the sheer nature of the latter often means being around that person literally all the time. You get to know people very, very well being in a group with them - add a relationship into that and you've got a very close intense bond with that person.

Last edited:
  • Heart

S4buk

VIP Member
I find it bizarre that every article I’ve read says how happy he was….was it suicide or possibly just an accidental overdose.
---
Also, management are without a doubt behind the tributes/articles. The way they’ve been staggered out culminating with Hannah (the ex) - the wording is all very similar and I wouldn’t be surprised if an intern somewhere wrote them and then scheduled them.

• Sick