Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Belulah

VIP Member
On Paul’s Wikipedia it says about wanting to do- but not getting- jobs in reality TV. Maybe he should just get a normal job.

Reactions: 9

InkHeart

Chatty Member
Is anyone else surprised they haven't announced the cause of death yet? I'm guessing it was the worst case scenario, sadly... I just thought someone would have announced it by now. I have no problem with the family wanting to keep it private, I'm just surprised no one has said anything.

Could it be that it really was a freak medical incident and they're waiting for the autopsy?

femmegirly

Chatty Member
Normally at the end of articles on sensitive subjects, it will say that the interviewee was not paid for their time. It didn’t say that, so I’m going to assume she was. I agree she looked devastated but it’s amazing what people will do for money when they’re struggling.

Norfolking Good

VIP Member
My husband bought me tickets for the O2 concert at the end of this month so I’ll report back. I’m a bit meh about going now it’s down to 5 so it’ll be interesting to see how they adapt.

xvictoriax

Chatty Member
Does seem very suspect at the timing. The speed of it been released suggests it was somewhere in development/planning at least at the point of Paul’s tragic passing. Makes me feel a little less sympathetic towards her. If a tour was too soon then a tell-all definitely is in poor taste only 6 months later when it likely will mention Paul a lot.

Reactions: 8

QueenieMcSheenee

It sounds like death by suicide by a lot of what’s being said in the media similar reports to other celebrity suicide deaths 😔

• Sad

NowIsGood

Chatty Member
Absolutely gutted at the news today. Life long s club fan, only just watched Bradley on their insta a few days ago reminiscing about wearing silly wigs with Paul in an old s club episode 😥
Don't want to speculate at this stage, but I do remember Paul had issues with drugs towards the end of s club, but of course no one knows what's going on behind closed doors.

I don't see how they could go forward with the tour at this stage, I know they all need the money and Simon Fuller is a hard faced so and so, but it feels too painful now. I wonder if big tours like theirs have some sort of insurance in case of circumstances like this?

• Sad

wiganuser

VIP Member
Paul continues to look like the irritating taxi driver who keeps incessantly talking to you, even though you keep giving him one word answers whilst scrolling through your phone with your AirPods in.
Or looks like someone who's hard drive is questionable 🤔

Imagine being in your mid 40s singing reach for the stars, literally money for old rope.

• Haha

penny1992

Chatty Member
When I saw this thread was updated I had a feeling someone had died (Hannah). I am not too shocked about Paul for some reason? It's sad but I am not surprised. I recall the last interview they did people were making fun of him elsewhere and it was very mean.

• Sad

Clarity456

VIP Member
They did have a lot of history though, she'd know him since her teens and they had a 6 year relationship. Grief is a strange thing, it can make you revaluate everything. She's probably feeling a mixture of complete shock mixed with 'what ifs...' and possibly regret and guilt over stupid things said and done in the past.
Also I get the impression she didn't treat him very well....the dynamic was always that she was the hotter one and he was "punching", then she blatantly played him off against Andrew Lee Potts....maybe she's wracked with guilt now.

NowIsGood

Chatty Member
Literally can't wait for Hannah's book!

I'm surprised there's enough demand for a north American tour, though it's only 7 dates. Obviously never had a dream come true was big out there, but I didn't think they were that popular in the US after the first 2 albums? I guess nostalgia is a big money maker!

Pinkii

VIP Member
I don’t think it’s necessarily about having had a strong bond or whatever but its not fair to say just because he was an ex her grief shouldnt be bad because people lose close friends and family and get on with it

I lost a childhood friend a few years ago, we had lost contact tbh and when i had heard she had died i was honestly knocked for six, the level of grief i had for someone i hadn’t seen/spoken to in 15 years or so was unreal

sometimes things just hit you differently and honestly Hannah doesn’t seem to be in a strong place mentally anyways.

• Heart

Katykatykaty

VIP Member
they were called InMe... any other early/mid 00s teens remember them!?
I’ve not thought about them in years! Fallen into a Spotify hole now - used to love them in my angsty teen phase!

I went from being in a proper cheesy pop phase loving Steps and S Club 7 to listening only to bands who featured on/in Kerrang. It was not a time that my parents particularly enjoyed 😂

Absolutely gutted about Paul. I have tickets for the tour and it feels so weird to think of it being cancelled but also weird that it could go ahead. I was quite shocked that he returned to the band as it didn’t even seem like his thing the first time round. I really do hope this comeback tour wasn’t the straw that broke the camel’s back with him.