RVK_Loves #33 not to worry my husband still earns 10 times more than you

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fair enough. I do though, it's unethical, maintains and contributes to economic inequality and not what student loans are for IMO.
I know a few people that have used their student loans as a deposit on their first flat. My son went to a uni not far from home and commuted in. He still got his grants and loans. Its cheaper to pay it back then borrow from the bank.

Reactions: 2
Found the article….

I always vomit in my mouth when I see ‘this guy’
Oh wow, bleeping smug witch. I mean I’ve never liked her and I know the story about her parents having to help out with the current 3 bed semi, but I at least thought their first house they actually bought it legitimately. Her parents paid cash for it?????? duck off Grabby you couldn’t be more out of touch if you bleeping tried!

Reactions: 12
Oh wow, bleeping smug witch. I mean I’ve never liked her and I know the story about her parents having to help out with the current 3 bed semi, but I at least thought their first house they actually bought it legitimately. Her parents paid cash for it?????? duck off Grabby you couldn’t be more out of touch if you bleeping tried!
I think there is something so uncouth about mentioning money. Graboaster didn’t need to mention it. It’s no one else’s business but we know how she loves to show off 🙄

Reactions: 14
I know a few people that have used their student loans as a deposit on their first flat. My son went to a uni not far from home and commuted in. He still got his grants and loans. Its cheaper to pay it back then borrow from the bank.
People doing it doesn't it mean it's ethical. I think it's gross - just another example of privilege breeding privilege and entrenching it for yet another generation. (People buying property with student loans, not people using it for living costs, that is)

Reactions: 16
I think there is something so uncouth about mentioning money. Graboaster didn’t need to mention it. It’s no one else’s business but we know how she loves to show off 🙄
Yes they definitely aren’t old money are they?!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
They absolutely did help with their current house purchase
Its here. Lender pulled plug and parents stepped in. And then presumably also assisted with helping them get bridging loans. As always Princess Grabecca must always get what she wants.
The irony of her being sniffy about property investors “not caring about the rest of them” when her own husband did exactly this from student days. Maybe it’s the ‘foreign’ dimension she doesn’t like 😳

Attachments

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
Its here. Lender pulled plug and parents stepped in. And then presumably also assisted with helping them get bridging loans. As always Princess Grabecca must always get what she wants.
The irony of her being sniffy about property investors “not caring about the rest of them” when her own husband did exactly this from student days. Maybe it’s the ‘foreign’ dimension she doesn’t like 😳

I would love to know why the lender pulled out right before exchange. Usually once you have your mortgage approved, unless your circumstances change and you tell them they have (redundancy etc) they don’t just call you and say ‘sorry, you’re not getting the mortgage now’

Reactions: 15
Yes they definitely aren’t old money are they?!
Absolutely not

I would love to know why the lender pulled out right before exchange. Usually once you have your mortgage approved, unless your circumstances change and you tell them they have (redundancy etc) they don’t just call you and say ‘sorry, you’re not getting the mortgage now’
It happened to my sister. The bank had a wobble about her ability to repay the loan

I knew I’d seen it somewhere!

Reactions: 3
People doing it doesn't it mean it's ethical. I think it's gross - just another example of privilege breeding privilege and entrenching it for yet another generation. (People buying property with student loans, not people using it for living costs, that is)
Its still money that has to be paid back. We're not privileged by any means but my kids have worked hard to get into uni and its up to them how they spend their loans.

Reactions: 8
Those pesky foreigners again. She is so xenophobic.

• Angry
Reactions: 16
I thought the same! Maybe because it was so much money 🤷‍♀️ Literally never heard of that before though!

Reactions: 4
Its still money that has to be paid back. We're not privileged by any means but my kids have worked hard to get into uni and its up to them how they spend their loans.
It's nothing to do with how hard your kids have worked to get into uni. Student loans aren't a reward for that! Your kid's course offers and uni places and opportunity to learn and build skills and a career are. Loans are to enable students to be able to support themselves to complete their uni courses and not get into horrific debt or drop out, and IMO should not be used as cheap loans to enable those from wealthy families to make a profit and solidify that wealth. It is up to your kids how they spend their loans, of course it is. Anyway, back to the topic at hand; I just find RVK revolting for bragging about how her privileged husband gamed the system.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
It's nothing to do with how hard your kids have worked to get into uni. Student loans aren't a reward for that! Your kid's course offers and uni places and opportunity to learn and build skills and a career are. Loans are to enable students to be able to support themselves to complete their uni courses and not get into horrific debt or drop out, and IMO should not be used as cheap loans to enable those from wealthy families to make a profit and solidify that wealth. It is up to your kids how they spend their loans, of course it is. Anyway, back to the topic at hand; I just find RVK revolting for bragging about how her privileged husband gamed the system.
My daughter uses her for her rent at uni as she's moved away. My son stayed at home and has saved his. He'll use it for a deposit on rent when he moves out or a mortgage. Up to them, its not my debt.

Reactions: 7
My daughter uses her for her rent at uni as she's moved away. My son stayed at home and has saved his. He'll use it for a deposit on rent when he moves out or a mortgage. Up to them, its not my debt.
Fair enough 🙂. It's not your kids' issue, it is of course their choice. The problem for me is a systemic one. Like I said, I don't agree with wealthy families using student loans to compound existing wealth and build up property empires 🤷with specific reference to this family, who then brag about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Cash buyer aged 20 - relatable as ever 🙄 She couldn’t live any further from reality, cosseted by her parents from cradle to grave

• Heart
Reactions: 19
How much is a student loan if you can use it as a deposit on property? I never had one so have no idea of how much you get.

They shouldn't be taken out if they aren't needed for paying your way through uni. They are supposed to enable you to go to uni, not be seen as a cheap long term loan.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should

• Heart
Reactions: 18
How much is a student loan if you can use it as a deposit on property? I never had one so have no idea of how much you get.

They shouldn't be taken out if they aren't needed for paying your way through uni. They are supposed to enable you to go to uni, not be seen as a cheap long term loan.
Completely agree. Saddens me that so many people don’t see what’s wrong with doing that…

Reactions: 10
I mean most students fritter away a lot of student loan on alcohol and nights out (I know I did!) I don't regret this as I had the best experience of my life but in hindsight I could have put that money to better use. Everyone is entitled to a student loan no matter how wealthy and they can do what they want with it. It's if someone was to play the system and use a grant (eg for lower income families which you usually don't have to pay back) for putting a deposit on a property then I'd have an issue.

Ben probably never went out at uni and was the weirdo who stayed in his room all day.

Anyway back to the topic, I wonder if racist Grabby would have have such a problem with the investors if they weren't 'foreign'. I suspect not.

Reactions: 11

Depends, i had to give my financial information when my two applied. One lives away, one stayed at home. He was still given a set amount, 3k a year. He'll obviously have to pay that back once he's earning over 25k. Its not a gifted amount, its no different from borrowing from a bank. Most students use their for nights out and clothes. If they can put it towards a property then why not.

Reactions: 3
I mean most students fritter away a lot of student loan on alcohol and nights out (I know I did!) I don't regret this as I had the best experience of my life but in hindsight I could have put that money to better use. Everyone is entitled to a student loan no matter how wealthy and they can do what they want with it. It's if someone was to play the system and use a grant (eg for lower income families which you usually don't have to pay back) for putting a deposit on a property then I'd have an issue.

Ben probably never went out at uni and was the weirdo who stayed in his room all day.
Totally this. Never a mention of any uni friends. But this is the man who aged 18 chose his uni based on property investment potential.
Gone down a blog rabbit hole and found this bizarre comment…..
So buyers in superior Kings Langley are worthy of being left a bottle of fizz but not those poor saps who buy from Benpecked’s portfolio. He’ll still take their cash though. What a charming pair they are.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.