RVK_Loves #26 Cooking a baby, living the plywood dream, 10x more tiles than anyone's seen

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This ludicrous baby 'space' has to impact her popularity, not least amongst companies she wants to work with & beg freebies from. It's hardly aspirational to use a draughty and scruffy bit of landing as a baby's bedroom, complete with plywood crappy furniture. I hope this will finally show companies and individuals that the truth is that they are living in a mirage. The lifestyle she tries to portray is based on freebies. Take the freebies away (and please do) and you've got a dirty house with shoddy finishes, a 'property developer' flogging plywood bookcases and 'that guy' who sleeps in the spare room and earns 10 times less than a 14 year old on a paper round.

Am I the only one missing something about this being ill thing? How many times are you really ill a year to justify a spare room? And why would you need to sleep in a different room to your partner if they're ill anyway? Can't believe she's putting a baby on the landing so she can keep a spare room. She keeps talking about it being light and airy which is the opposite of what a baby wants when they're trying to sleep!
I suspect she has a lot of headaches. 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I love a solo sleep, I’ll starfish in my King-size all night long quite happily 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 8
My clothes are in my teenagers bedroom you utilise whatever space you have she’s an idiot

Reactions: 9
In the 10 years me and my husband have lived together neither of us have slept in the spare room, even at the height of sleep deprivation with our first child so I find that reasoning for keeping the spare room odd. Is that normal among couples? I don’t sleep as well when I’m alone 🙁

She‘s basically admitted that now Ben has given her his seed she has no need for him so can retreat to her bedroom where her wardrobe space is. What a loving and intimate marriage 🙄
I sleep better alone... LOL. But my husband snores. I have earplugs which for the most part help but on bad nights, I will go and sleep in the spare room.

Reactions: 7
I think the baby alcove doesn’t even have a door, how did I miss this?! Plus I bet those windows are so poorly insulated. Poor little chap, he will be freezing and shoved in a corner. I also think she’s rather underwhelmed that she’s having a boy, she’s probably seething as The Suffolk Nest has two girls, two under two and a much nicer (cleaner!) house. She must be stomping those flippers that that she has been totally overtaken by others in the influencer stakes, not even sure who her target demographic is?!

Reactions: 15
Queen Phoebe having a sly dig at Grubby Grabby’s car over on stories I think ... The tea is always a wink to the Tattlers #ifyouknowyouknow

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Queen Phoebe having a sly dig at Grubby Grabby’s car over on stories I think ... The tea is always a wink to the Tattlers #ifyouknowyouknow
Aha yes although sadly Phoebe has missed the mark on this one as no way is Grabby's house spotlessly clean 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I would love a skip for her driveway and two days in that house to dump all of the shite that she has lying around it.
If she dumped half of the rubbish propped up against walls or gathering dust on shelves, she could maybe do something with that house.

There was no effort put into Freyas room. Its bare. Is there when one item that looks comfortable? Is there one item that looks clean? I would be mortified to show anyone around that house never mind paste it all over the Internet for people to see.
I think my 82year old aunt has much nicer furnishings and kitchen than Rebecca

Reactions: 6
We have 2 kids and a 3 bed house. Everyone has a bedroom as we all sleep there 365 nights a year. If guests come over (maybe twice a year) we get creative as we have a bigger downstairs area. the only logical explanation is that grabby or Ben are sleeping in the ‘guest room’ a lot otherwise how can you justify it?!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Screenshot_20210119-062704_Instagram.jpg

Thoughts:
1. What an absolutely tit paint job around the radiator. It's been left like that in her final picture and the frog tape is off, so that must be the finished look.
2. That skirting is ready for the bin. I think they've done that, and cut some off the bottom to run that awful cable.
3. That radiator was put in when they moved in years ago. How have they still never bothered to paint the copper pipes? Rather just left them smeared in paint.
4. They've dripped paint all over the damn carpet. They put thank mankey carpet down when they moved it, and they've not even bothered to cover it over when painting??
5. They STILL haven't even bothered to cover the holes from where they ripped the old door off 4 years ago.

Screenshot_20210119-065605_Instagram.jpg

I've never seen sutch lazy work. Anyone would think these clows have never decorated before.

I can not understand how they've splashed out a million quid on a house, spent a further fortune extending it and they've somehow made it look like a tatty, half arsed, budget 60 minute make over job.

And that's before you even consider the really tit use of space and the fact that her son is being dumped on a drafty landing with no door.

How does anyone follow her at all???
She's far too stuck up and braggey to appeal to your average modest family. And the 'high-end dream renovators' on Instagram are light years above her. She has no market at all.

Mummy and Daddy helped her buy a massive house with a man that groomed her, and she bragged a lot. Now everyone is over taking her and she has no money, skills or appear to maintain the fake life she created.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
In the 10 years me and my husband have lived together neither of us have slept in the spare room, even at the height of sleep deprivation with our first child so I find that reasoning for keeping the spare room odd. Is that normal among couples? I don’t sleep as well when I’m alone 🙁

She‘s basically admitted that now Ben has given her his seed she has no need for him so can retreat to her bedroom where her wardrobe space is. What a loving and intimate marriage 🙄
Neither have we! We don’t have a spare bedroom anymore as we have 2 kids now but when first was born, we still had it and neither of us decamped to the spare room. I understand why some people might do it for work reasons every now and then but if it was a permanent fixture I’d be pretty miffed.

Reactions: 7
Well that’s stupid doing the ground floor extension without building on top at the same time...she will never be able to get planning and build on top of that extension easily now....
I’d have done that all in one go if you’re extending anyway. An extra bedroom brings the price up a lot more. A house that’s now that big would benefit from being a 4 bed.

Reactions: 5
Exactly because they would have needed to put the correct steels in to hold a 1st storey extension and they definitely wouldn’t have done that so the whole thing will have to be re done again....i wonder if they would move house....just so that she can keep wardrobes in the guest room 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 4
She listened to the observant tattlers though and cleaned the plants leaves 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Exactly because they would have needed to put the correct steels in to hold a 1st storey extension and they definitely wouldn’t have done that so the whole thing will have to be re done again....I wonder if they would move house....just so that she can keep wardrobes in the guest room 🙈
I think this. But honestly, I can't see it happening.

They have MASSIVELY overspent on the house they have. I would guarantee it's not worth what they've spent on it. Especially when it looks like it's been done to such a shoddy standard. Low quality, bad use of space, a lot of stuff needs re doing and they butchered the garden.

I imagine both of their incomes have dived. And now they have 2 kids to support.

I doubt her parents will folk out any more to Grabby when her poor brother is still living in their house without a place of his own.

Reactions: 10
I’d have done that all in one go if you’re extending anyway. An extra bedroom brings the price up a lot more. A house that’s now that big would benefit from being a 4 bed.
I think they got refused planning. Maybe even a couple of times. She really doesn’t want to say that in her comments though does she!

I think they would have, had they been given permission to do so. They definitely built the ground floor extension to support it. But despite numerous rather vigorous/aggressive appeals by Bodge the Builder, the planning department have dug their heels in. No upstairs extension is going to happen anytime soon. I bet he thought he could swan in and do as he pleased because he was going to improve the house no end, but planning are giving it a flat no. FWIW, I can understand the frustration of not being able to add a 4th bedroom at the back of a house that no one else sees, but it's a listed building in a conservation area so it's not going to happen - just makes me laugh that they obviously thought it was going to be no problem to do so and are now stuck with a rather expensive bottom heavy property and have to stick their second child in a corridor.

Reactions: 12
I think they would have, had they been given permission to do so. They definitely built the ground floor extension to support it. But despite numerous rather vigorous/aggressive appeals by Bodge the Builder, the planning department have dug their heels in. No upstairs extension is going to happen anytime soon. I bet he thought he could swan in and do as he pleased because he was going to improve the house no end, but planning are giving it a flat no. FWIW, I can understand the frustration of not being able to add a 4th bedroom at the back of a house that no one else sees, but it's a listed building in a conservation area so it's not going to happen - just makes me laugh that they obviously thought it was going to be no problem to do so and are now stuck with a rather expensive bottom heavy property and have to stick their second child in a corridor.
She did say in one of the comments about it being a listed building and she hopes one day they will get permission to extend so that must still be the plan.

Reactions: 3
I think this. But honestly, I can't see it happening.

They have MASSIVELY overspent on the house they have. I would guarantee it's not worth what they've spent on it. Especially when it looks like it's been done to such a shoddy standard. Low quality, bad use of space, a lot of stuff needs re doing and they butchered the garden.

I imagine both of their incomes have dived. And now they have 2 kids to support.

I doubt her parents will folk out any more to Grabby when her poor brother is still living in their house without a place of his own.
Yeah like puttting a random log burner in the middler of the room sticking precariously out the wall instead if the obvious place in the wall fireplace in the snug 🤣

It would defo be one of the houses you veiw where the downstairs is huge!! And you go upstairs and it’s like oh....

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.